Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

It doesn't seem that hard to level to 99.. I'm 77. I suspect I might get to 80 or more just completing the main story alone. Then getting to the Z will blade requires 5 quests. Then adamantoise. I know adamantoise is 50000 exp alone. Using 3x exp plus that exp boosting meal got to get me to 90 plus after all that. Then there are the level 9 hunts.

Last edited:
My plan to level up Noctis. Buy the fishing requipment at the Vesperpool and letting my sister fish there for a day lmao

How many catches do you estimate I'd need to get to level 10?

Lol my little sister been fishing for hours. The best I've done was get to level 4 so far. Not sure how much more she's willing to do lmao

*edit

Level 6 after an afternoon of fishing -____-

Last edited:
I had to empty the veserpool pond like 7 times
Did you ever do the vesperpool camp quest for Gladio? I caught the damn fish he was talking about but the quest didnt end after. I caught all the fishes in the pond and had no choice but to cancel and it showed the cutscene for not completing the quest.

I created a monster in my little sister. She got me to level 10 easily but now she's obsessed with catching the devil at the Quadliay Bay and the Liege of the Lake quest. She doesn't want to give the controller back to me :rofl:

She's hardly ever home these days, so I'll just let her cook

Last edited:
I had to empty the veserpool pond like 7 times
Did you ever do the vesperpool camp quest for Gladio? I caught the damn fish he was talking about but the quest didnt end after. I caught all the fishes in the pond and had no choice but to cancel and it showed the cutscene for not completing the quest.

Tried it but that fish was taking way to long so I always gave up

My cousin just put me onto a crazy level up trick. Combine fire or any magic and infuse it with 8 rare coins. Cast fire 5 times in battle and that's apparently 150k free exp. Then go to Past Altissia and use the 3x to xp trick..

I have 40 rare coins :wow:

When I get the chance I'm maxing everyone out. I'm in the dreaded chapter 13 though... I've been stripped of everything. So that's going to have to wait.

Last edited:
How many catches do you estimate I'd need to get to level 10?

Lol my little sister been fishing for hours. The best I've done was get to level 4 so far. Not sure how much more she's willing to do lmao

*edit

Level 6 after an afternoon of fishing -____-
   I got to 10 in no time fishing for Sea Bass in Altissia 

Last edited:
Why the eff does chapter 13 feel longer than 10 11 and 12 combined :rofl:

because it is

you backtrack through corridors for 2 hours with no weapons and at walking speed. Like honestly after the leviathan fight, the game could've been over in an hour if not for ch 13, dragging on and on

Last edited:
Chapter 13 isn't so bad so far. It's just long. No need to patch this. I haven't needed to use stealth except for the room with that giant that walks back and forth. Since I got a sword, I haven't been scared to run into anybody.

*edit

I just got Gladio and Ignis back. Now no one in this joint can touch me :evil:

Last edited:
The ending of the game was ok. I'm sure I've seen better final fantasy endings.

*edit

The regalia type f is crap :rofl:

*edit

In the level 99 costlemark dungeon, items are disabled? -________-

*edit

What my cousin told me to quickly level up worked. Everyone is level 99 now. Thank you, rare coins. I was getting 120-150 k exp a fight. In hindsight, I wish I had unlocked the node that allows your health to max out as you level up. Can't believe that Prompto's hp is so **** even at level 99

Last edited:
Yea I used that trick 3 times.

Wish I had more time but other games need my attention until the DLC drop.

I haven''t faced the lvl 120 boss yet or done that 6 hour dungeon.

Chapter 13 isn't so bad so far. It's just long. No need to patch this. I haven't needed to use stealth except for the room with that giant that walks back and forth. Since I got a sword, I haven't been scared to run into anybody.

*edit

I just got Gladio and Ignis back. Now no one in this joint can touch me :evil:
It's no so much about stealth as it's you can't really run and there's a lot of backtracking, which inflates your time in the chapter. If I could sprint and run past enemies I'd probably have done it closer to an hour rather than over 2 hours

Anybody playing FFXIV on NT?

Just switched from Brynhilder to Leviathan to be with a few friends and

I want to do a NT role call to see where yall at.

Yea I used that trick 3 times.

Wish I had more time but other games need my attention until the DLC drop.

I haven''t faced the lvl 120 boss yet or done that 6 hour dungeon.
Exact same boat here. Left the 120 and dungeon for last, as well as a few of the optional bosses in the dungeons.

In post game. You really should be able to get a trophy for catching the two biggest fishes in the game. The devil at Quadliay Bay was crazy. Going to try Liege of the Lake again.

Then I'm going after.. the level 110 guy, then the level 120 guy and Adamantoise next, in that order.

Or maybe go for the black hood after the fishing. Undecided. What's so hard about going after the black hood again? There's no monsters there right

Last edited:
In post game. You really should be able to get a trophy for catching the two biggest fishes in the game. The devil at Quadliay Bay was crazy. Going to try Liege of the Lake again.

Then I'm going after.. the level 110 guy, then the level 120 guy and Adamantoise next, in that order.

Or maybe go for the black hood after the fishing. Undecided. What's so hard about going after the black hood again? There's no monsters there right
The jumping puzzles will drive you mad though. :lol:

Tip for the black hood, make sure you unlock the ascension node where dodging doesn't use mp, if not you'll go into stasis quick especially if the empire is shooting at you. Noct turns into neo and starts dodging everything they shoot.

By optional dungeons you all mean the one's behind the vault doors? I'm about to do Castlemork so I can get the key from the old lady.

I wish there was a trick for AP instead of EXP. I would have gotten to 99 regardless, but this ascension grid is going to take way too long.

Last edited:
I feel like I cheated myself getting to level 99 the way I did :lol:

Went up 30 levels in a day :lol:

If there's a trick for AP I'd do it too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom