Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Just make sure you pick a fight with someone who can survive the 5 spells. You don't wanna one shot kill them lol

Also I'd maybe wait until I unlock the nodes that maximize your vitality strength and hp as you level up

Does it help to use 50 or 99 fire, ice, etc? Or just 1 with 8 rare coins is good?

Just make sure you pick a fight with someone who can survive the 5 spells. You don't wanna one shot kill them lol

Also I'd maybe wait until I unlock the nodes that maximize your vitality strength and hp as you level up

Does it help to use 50 or 99 fire, ice, etc? Or just 1 with 8 rare coins is good?

No don't do that.. that would make your spell inflict too much damage. You want to make sure your enemy survives the 5 spells. 1 with 8 is good.

Last edited:
Rare coins are expendable. Don't use Oracle Ascension coins, as they can be traded in Altissia for items.

Theres a Jabberwock in the canyon behind hammerhead. Its a good monster to choose for the level up trick.

Theres a Jabberwock in the canyon behind hammerhead. Its a good monster to choose for the level up trick.

Bandersnatch? That's what I fought a few times yesterday night..

Went from level 60 to 92 real quick :smokin

Is there anything else I'm missing? I feel like I've done a lot in the game.. secret dungeons, weapons, yiazmat (LOL)???

Every dungeon (or almost every dungeon) has a locked door. Once you do a sidequest you get a key to unlock them and they offer good rewards and much more difficult enemies.

Good weapons can be found in the blacksmith sidequest. There are a couple dungeons off the beaten path too if you haven't discovered. I would have missed Daurell Caverns if not for a hunt/sidequest.

At this point, I think the only thing I got left is to take on the 120 naglfar, adamantoise,the black hood, and the secret dungeons

I feel weak for a level 99. I was dumb to have unlocked the vitality, hp and strength nodes so late in the level up trick

Last edited:
Wife is in Ontario in July visiting a friend for 2 weeks.

giphy.gif

I can't believe I just found this thread LOL.. :smokin :smokin :smokin

Any advice on grinding levels? I've done almost all of the hunts I think and I'm running low on side quests.. I think I'm about level 60

Combine 1 fire or 1 lightning or 1 ice with 8 rare coins. It'll form a spell. Cast that five times in a fight and that's 120-150k exp, in my experience. Eat an exp boosting meal. If you can finish the fight before it runs out, it might be more than that. Then go to the hotel in Altissia and use the 3x exp boost thing. You'll level up quickly.

I didn't do that when I did the level up trick. That was a wasted opportunity.

Here's what I did:

Equip 3 moogle charms (or however many accessory slots you have)
Go to Altissia and eat the Maagho lasagna (gives you 100% exp boost)
Create the experience spells (same method as above)
Go to desert area behind hammerhead and cast it on a pack of low level enemies
Blow beast whistle to summon more enemies
Rinse and repeat
When you're done, go back to Altissia and stay at the hotel for the bonus exp

Doing this, each spell netted me between 40 and 50k exp. it was also fast since the enemies would die in one hit.

Also, if you have the season pass you get an accessory called the Nixperience band that basically lets you rest, and complete chapters without tallying your exp so you can just bank all of it until you're ready to level up. I used it while playing through the game and hit level 99 on like chapter 11 or 12

I finally platinum'd the game. This took forever. First time I've platinum'd a game in a long long time. I generally don't play video games but I came out of retirement for ff15

Thanks ya'll.. I was able to get to level 90 something real quick.

Still have a few things to do in the game and hopefully I can get through Castlemark now, I've had a lot of trouble with bomb type enemies there.

I had a lot of trouble with the bomb type enemies in there too. What I did was ate a meal that made me impervious to lightning attacks. Just make sure you get in and get out before the meal wears off lol.

Also I didn't do this cuz I didn't have the weapon at the time, but I hear the ring of lucii is pretty effective against those bomb types.

Last edited:
Did some reading trying to make sense of pitioss and why and what was going on in there.

Pitioss-Pity Eos

The dungeon of Pittios tells the story of Eos and Ifrit . Ardyn was one of the 2 sons of Eos , she was a god that had children with a human and Ifrit was in love with her . The other Astrals wanted to kill her for such a sin and that is why Ifrit turns against the other Astrals . Noctis a descendant of the other son of Eos who was Izunia . And the whole Lucis bloodline were half god/astrals . So Ifrit and Ardyn were the good guys in this game and we were the bad guys . Ardyn just wanted to take back what his mother gifted the world ... which is the dawn . Ardyn was the king of light just like Noctis but he became corrupted when he absorbed all the deamons inside of him .....

This makes Ardyn and Ifrit's characters even more tragic. We all thought Ifrit was only in this to destroy humanity and worked with Ardyn to achieve that. But no. They had a common goal. They both wanted revenge for how they were wronged. Ifrit because of the other Astral Gods killing Eos(Ardyn's mother) and Ardyn because his kingdom, his birthright was stolen from him by his own brother and had everyone turn against him which caused his daemon energy to influence and feed his anger and spite even more. Ardyn and Ifrit were both dealt a very bad hand and got ****** over by the gods and humanity.

Worth the listen if you have time.

They're going to stick with the turn based system? Was hoping that they'd modernize the fighting system too.

They're going to stick with the turn based system? Was hoping that they'd modernize the fighting system too.

What about those pics tell you it's going to be turn-based? :lol:

The preview vids from before confirmed it will be action like XV

*Edit* just noticed atb hmmm

Last edited:
This game is not turn based at all.
Gameplay vids show that.

Nomura also said it won't be turn based.

I read that they might wait until the next gen system comes out to develop ff7 remake.

This would kinda upset me lol

It took Versus XIII/XV 10 years to come out. I wouldnt be hype for the remake to come out any time soon.

The bigger question is why they have 1000+ hp that early. Starting to think they're gonna gut the remake hard.

Smfh.. the more I learn about the ff7 remake, the more I get nervous about it.

My favorite game ever and they are going to destroy it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom