Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Working my way through hard mode now.. almost done with Ch. 14..

Hoping to finish the game this week and then we shall see what this pride and joy is all about lol.

:smokin

I gotta say something because it bothers me every time I scroll past this ****.

In what world is FFXII the GOAT?????

Me personally it might be 8>7>9>13>10>15

These are the only final fantasies I've played.

I'm not yet including ff7 remake cuz I haven't finished it

I hate 8 so much...

Great graphics for the time and the soundtrack was good but I hated the characters and the story.

VIII can go straight to hell. The only thing good that came out of it was the Faye Wong theme song

I remember play the V translation on Snes9x as a kid. Never beat it, but man was that game deep with the jobs and classes. I still call him Butz to this day because of the translation lol. I do kinda wish Sakurai did put him Smash, even though Cloud is my main.

VI probably has the best character dynamics and interactions in the series. It was damn near a SaGa Game in feeling like everyone was a main character. Due to the graphics, I thought Shadow was a black ninja.

edit - I knew I couldn’t be the only one lol
0xm91k61rmyx.jpg

8 was my very first final fantasy and it had a happy ending which was why it's on top for me. Final fantasies usually go for that bittersweet ending. At least from the ones I've played.

FF7 is the GOAT.

I like that you guys try really hard to believe otherwise though. :nthat:

Tactics needs to be in the GOAT discussion.
Agreed. IX and Tactics are 1-2 for me.

If you like FF Tactics, Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is the closest thing I have played to it. Jeanne D'Arc is great too, but tough to find unless you have a Vita or PSP.

Well neither of them have Tidus, right off the top. :lol:

I always thought Sin was a stupid antagonist. IX to me takes the best elements of the early games in the franchise and modernizes them. Also, Vivi and Steiner are two of the absolute best characters in the franchise.

I'd put X ahead of VII personally.

Agreed. IX and Tactics are 1-2 for me.

If you like FF Tactics, Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark is the closest thing I have played to it. Jeanne D'Arc is great too, but tough to find unless you have a Vita or PSP.
Same for me. I went and downloaded War of the Lions again a few days ago on PC to play through it. And I'm gonna check out Jeanne D'Arc too.

Also, Vivi and Steiner are two of the absolute best characters in the franchise.
Steiner is unironically my favorite character in IX. I love how he went from a bumbling oaf following orders to a man worthy of the title "Captain of the Knights of Pluto". His theme song never gets old. :lol:

Also, when this song came on during a certain pivotal event, it cemented him as my favorite. :pimp:

The whole soundtrack for IX is just the best. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom