Official Final Fantasy Thread | XII is the GOAT

Chrono Trigger = Suikoden II = Final Fantasy IX/Tactics

It would be extremely hard to pick a favorite between all of them for me.

My next tier would probably be:

Legend of Legaia; Grandia III; Vandal Hearts; Dark Cloud; Legend of Dragoon; Eternal Sonata,; Ni No Kuni; Star Ocean The Last Hope.; Chrono Cross; FF VI/XII/VII/V

Love Suikoden 2, probably my second favorite game, definitely my 2nd favorite RPG. CT is still the GOAT tho.

We can all unanimously agree IX is the best and be done with it.

I'm glad you understand.

Me personally it might be 8>7>9>13>10>15

These are the only final fantasies I've played.

I'm not yet including ff7 remake cuz I haven't finished it

EIIIGHTTTTT?!?!??!! I saw your post about it being your first FF, and I can respect that, but VIII???? Characters that didn't matter and everyone looked like a cardboard box thrown in a blender VIII???

soulja.PNG

what makes VII or IX better than X?

Son.

9>6>10>4>7
I still need to finish 8 lol

I mean, do you? :lol:

For me, IX is the best, #1, the GOAT. VI is fantastic, Tactics the OG, and y'all can talk all the **** you want, but XI. XI's second expansion, Chains of Promathia, has one of - if not THE - best stories of the entire franchise. It's dark, it's deep, it's so good. I will also throw X-2 up there. Not for the story, but for the best ****ing battle system of all ****ing time, come fight me. X is up in my tops as well, but it still had a lot of flaws.

8 was my first so that has special place in my video game heart , but 9 is the best one too me . The older I get the more I don’t like 7’s og story , loves crisis core but the og ending to 7 left bad taste in my mouth .

So I finally made it to chapter 18 on hard mode.. I think I need to double back now and get pretty much every single thing I've missed, that battle is no joke lol.

Oh it doesn't sound like it was fun lol
Its just extremely tedious...walked up 59 flights of stairs to do a an extremely long tour of Shinra.

Cutscene after cutscene. Like one cutscene will end and they give me control back to open a door only to trigger another cutscene...whats the point?

Having never played the original FF7 (long story short somebody broke disc 1 on our PS1 copy of the game, before I ever got to play) I've found the story to be less enjoyable as it gets to this latter part of the Midgar section. I enjoyed things more in the first 2/3rd when it was basically a dating sim for Cloud :lol:

Its actually crazy how fleshed out they made Midgar for this game. I was playing the OG on my xbox last night and the whole sequence from them trying to get Aerith back to leaving Midgar was like 1-2 hours long, including the boss fights. Hell the entire Midgar portion of the game is like 3-4 hours depending on how efficient you play.

Junctioning from 8 is one of the worst systems I’ve had the displeasure of trying to figure out, as a preteen at that. I also don’t love 9 like that either, what’s most redeeming is that it plays like 6 and 7.

Its actually crazy how fleshed out they made Midgar for this game. I was playing the OG on my xbox last night and the whole sequence from them trying to get Aerith back to leaving Midgar was like 1-2 hours long, including the boss fights. Hell the entire Midgar portion of the game is like 3-4 hours depending on how efficient you play.

Yeah, makes me curious how many more parts this game is really going to be, and how they're going to stretch out other ****. It is really cool to see Midgar like this, though. It's almost like I imagined it looking with better graphics as a kid.

Yeah, makes me curious how many more parts this game is really going to be, and how they're going to stretch out other ****. It is really cool to see Midgar like this, though. It's almost like I imagined it looking with better graphics as a kid.
I don't think they'll do 40 hours in Junon. Most of the other towns/"cities" in the games were a few screens. Nothing too serious. I'm thinking they do 3-4 parts total

and they'll be releasing each part with 2 years delay between parts? the whole FF7 remake gonna be like 6 - 10 years smh

edit:

i really wish we had the whole thing, one big looooooooooong game

I know this has been posted before but I just finished the game and Maximillian got me MESSED up with his theories :wow:

Back
Top Bottom