OFFICIAL FINANCIAL MARKETS & ECONOMY THREAD

Dey Know Yayo

Damn I remember when you told us about investing in Gold a couple years back when it was around $800.  Should have listened to you my man! 

Your posts are definitely very appreciated!

Dey Know Yayo

Damn I remember when you told us about investing in Gold a couple years back when it was around $800.  Should have listened to you my man! 

Your posts are definitely very appreciated!

Wow, great thread. Anyone have any thoughts on Trichet's speech yesterday? Found myself disappointed; there was an expectation for an increase in the Euro’s bond purchase program. Quite frankly, I'm shocked he didn't announce massive QE bond buying.

Wow, great thread. Anyone have any thoughts on Trichet's speech yesterday? Found myself disappointed; there was an expectation for an increase in the Euro’s bond purchase program. Quite frankly, I'm shocked he didn't announce massive QE bond buying.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Do your own research - spare no details huh? Sounds like homework
Already have, and my question was directed at da know yayo or anyone who could actually help in giving a productive helpful answer. Anyways it seems as this whole predicament of countries spending without worry of repercussions, Greed of bankers, mishandling and spending of retirement funds, is why this whole situation has snow balled.

Already have, and my question was directed at da know yayo or anyone who could actually help in giving a productive helpful answer. Anyways it seems as this whole predicament of countries spending without worry of repercussions, Greed of bankers, mishandling and spending of retirement funds, is why this whole situation has snow balled.

Originally Posted by Screech

the most proximate cause = the abuse/mishandling of the irrational centralization of control over means of production of money & credit by central banks.

greed etc are all effects of that cause. humans don't just become super greedy all of a sudden out of nowhere. we are inherently greedy and excessive potential (via excess money creation) leads to excess ramifications as well.

the most proximate cause = the abuse/mishandling of the irrational centralization of control over means of production of money & credit by central banks.

greed etc are all effects of that cause. humans don't just become super greedy all of a sudden out of nowhere. we are inherently greedy and excessive potential (via excess money creation) leads to excess ramifications as well.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

germany is way stronger/influential on things right now than people think. guardian reported today that merkel threatened to leave the euro if she didn't get her way with a sovereign debt resolution mechanism that included the potential for post-2013 haircuts (the announcement of which was precisely what sent ireland's bond market into all-out crisis/panic mode) and bundesbank inflation hawks are not going to be okay with such inflationary policies... yet.

but qe, as i've been stating, is inevitable from the ecb, and the politics of the situation may allow germany to reap the benefits of a weakening euro via qe before defecting from the european monetary union and redenominating back into deutschemark. i totally understand when people consider this unlikely, and it is just speculation at this point, but people who consider this impossible merely have a lack of imagination.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

germany is way stronger/influential on things right now than people think. guardian reported today that merkel threatened to leave the euro if she didn't get her way with a sovereign debt resolution mechanism that included the potential for post-2013 haircuts (the announcement of which was precisely what sent ireland's bond market into all-out crisis/panic mode) and bundesbank inflation hawks are not going to be okay with such inflationary policies... yet.

but qe, as i've been stating, is inevitable from the ecb, and the politics of the situation may allow germany to reap the benefits of a weakening euro via qe before defecting from the european monetary union and redenominating back into deutschemark. i totally understand when people consider this unlikely, and it is just speculation at this point, but people who consider this impossible merely have a lack of imagination.

Originally Posted by NikePennyIV

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread; reading your old posts on here a couple years ago is what got me interested in finance.

pimp.gif
just make sure you don't half-%%% it

Originally Posted by NikePennyIV

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread; reading your old posts on here a couple years ago is what got me interested in finance.

pimp.gif
just make sure you don't half-%%% it

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Thanks for sharing the wisdom bro

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

Thanks for sharing the wisdom bro

Bernanke's 60 minutes interview was a farce. He claimed he isn't printing money, that he isn't increasing money supply, that all he's doing is lowering rates. Yet the purchases are unsterilized and the liquidity is merely trapped in excess reserves.

His plan is going to (and has already started to) backfire: rates are going to go UP (except for very short-end money market rates, which benefit Wall St, not mortgageholders) and money supply is going to EXPAND...

Bernanke's 60 minutes interview was a farce. He claimed he isn't printing money, that he isn't increasing money supply, that all he's doing is lowering rates. Yet the purchases are unsterilized and the liquidity is merely trapped in excess reserves.

His plan is going to (and has already started to) backfire: rates are going to go UP (except for very short-end money market rates, which benefit Wall St, not mortgageholders) and money supply is going to EXPAND...

Roubini calls for another $1 trillion in further housing losses and says the US real estate market is "for sure double-dipping". Home price indices and new/pending home sales figures confirm as much.

From DealBook:
Dr. Doom Predicts Another $1 Trillion in Housing Losses
By EVELYN M. RUSLI

As Nouriel Roubini heads to Athens to meet with investors and policymakers potentially about the debt crisis in Europe, the economist says he’s increasingly worried about a problem closer to home: America’s real estate mess.

The country’s real estate problems are “underappreciated,

Back
Top Bottom