Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

It's not even brain wash worthy, getting a Grammy is sold as a high achievement and has been for YEARS. Whether you agree or not, does not nullify that it is a highly respected award.

But to be honest, how long has rap culture piss on Future and "mumble rappers" Has BET really been supporting Future as heavily as you imply?

It's not even brain wash worthy, getting a Grammy is sold as a high achievement and has been for YEARS. Whether you agree or not, does not nullify that it is a highly respected award.

But to be honest, how long has rap culture piss on Future and "mumble rappers" Has BET really been supporting Future as heavily as you imply?

Maybe if you are a Pop, Rock or Country artist, it's a high achievement. "THEY" don't rock with hip hop and it shows because we aren't really in the committee to vote on albums. BET has been nominating Future for awards since 2011, so I think it safe to say they have been heavily supporting him. While the Grammy gave him his first nomination in 2017, when he was featured on Drake's track titled the same thing. Kinda funny when you think about it.

Maybe if you are a Pop, Rock or Country artist, it's a high achievement. "THEY" don't rock with hip hop and it shows because we aren't really in the committee to vote on albums. BET has been nominating Future for awards since 2011, so I think it safe to say they have been heavily supporting him. While the Grammy gave him his first nomination in 2017, when he was featured on Drake's track titled the same thing. Kinda funny when you think about it.

Grammys have been important to us since Will Smith won the first one as a rap artist. Even if they don't rock with Hip hop like that, it makes getting one that much more of an achievement. Understood, awards like the Grammys don't give us the respect we deserve but let's not pretend there's no reason at all for rappers to want one

Over the last few years big name black artist have supported the BET awards but BET ain't black owned no more. That station been a mess since Bob Johnson sold it and it got watered down.

The grammy's shouldn't hold that much weight cuz they're always out the loop as far as what's dictating culture and whats influencing people but within the industry black artists still look at it as the championship. Just how it is.

Grammys have been important to us since Will Smith won the first one as a rap artist. Even if they don't rock with Hip hop like that, it makes getting one that much more of an achievement. Understood, awards like the Grammys don't give us the respect we deserve but let's not pretend there's no reason at all for rappers to want one

You my guy but I will have to respectfully disagree with you. You don't need culture vultures determining if you have the best rap album or not. These are the idiots that tell you Macklemore had a better album than Kendrick, or that Cardi had the best album out.

You my guy but I will have to respectfully disagree with you. You don't need culture vultures determining if you have the best rap album or not. These are the idiots that tell you Macklemore had a better album than Kendrick, or that Cardi had the best album out.

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying we need to respect the Granny's and awards like it I'm giving you a reason why people hold it to a high degree.

Thing is between a BET award and a Grammy is, BET awards aren’t all inclusive, so it’s like the country awards, it’s only validated to that genre/section

It’s hard to validate a single genre’s award versus an award that spans across all genres

Hip-hop (in general) did well last night at the grammys, theres people they’re going up against that have just as a big following as Future/Gambino/Drake/Cardi does.

Grammys do matter IMO, which is why all these rappers rap about it/show up to the awards. BET/Hip-Hop awards matter only in the hip-hop community

Ain’t nobody fighting to be on the Country Music Awards :lol:

Awards don't matter period. It's another fake, symbolic status symbol that black people want so they can be recognized along side white people

I don't care. But if he wanted a Grammy I'm glad he got it.

**** Macklemore. 56 Nights and WIZRD been playing all day.

Dear Lord, Please forgive us for all the sins we have brought upon us. And look down upon us with forgiveness for the the sins we will have in the future. I know you understand that ****** ain't perfect, but we try lord. We try to keep our heads up in bad times. This is a bad time, show us the way. And if you can't show us the way, then forgive us for being lost.

Mi no compadre

Mi no compadre

Mi no compadre

Mi no compadre

Mi no compadre

Mi no compadre

CrazyPotableInsect-max-1mb.gif

You know what’s not bad at all? Super Slimey.

I know it could have been better, but Super really went off on 4 Da Gang and Feed Me Dope.

I do wish both of them would have performed at their peak levels straight through, but it’s a solid listen with some highlights.

Aside: I’m officially checking in to the The WIZRD >>> DS2 camp.

I've been trying to give other albums a chance to shine outside of WIZRD but I keep landing back at F&N and riding on. WIZRD might be the greatest

Back
Top Bottom