OFFICIAL: GAME 5 NBA FINALS LAKERS VS. CELTICS 6.13.10 8PM ET ABC

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Lakers' fans saying "Rondo traveled" "Pierce traveled" "the ball didn't hit the rim..."

indifferent.gif

Kobe getting "fouled" on that 3 pointer was the phantom call of the night.

Artest does some of the most boneheaded things I've ever seen.. Why did he simply acknowledge that Pierce was gonna foul him, thus slowing down on the one-man fast break?? Dude should have gone up strong! That was idiotic. Go for the points when you have them available.. There was no way Pierce could've made blocked an actual good attempt at a layup/dunk in that situation. I thought dude was gonna get an easy 2 or and 1

Good win for the Celtics. Pierce finally did his thing.

Kobe is that dude. But he didn't make a FG in the last 6-7 min of the game? Wow.

Ray Allen has not made a 3 pointer for a minute now. Is his defense on Kobe tiring him or Fisher's defense on him really affecting his jumper?

Lakers bench actually outscored the Celtics bench.

KG is getting better somehow... SMH @ people that said he was done too.

I miss the old Artest.

--Proof that defense wins championships.
--Congratulations to Boston and their fans on their 18th Championship. Y'all deserve it. I fully expect the C's to blow us out by 39 and dance on the Staples floor.
--Doc Rivers owns Phil Jackson. He knows how to exploit mismatches (ie Adelman and theKIngs) and Phil cant counter Docs defense.
--Pierce > Kobe. This was a career defining game for both. This is a team game Kobe and you didnt get your team going.

--This series is over. The C's have the muscle, the skill, the drive, the experience to knock these Lakers out on Tuesday.
--Not beating the Celtics > everything Kobe has ever accomplished. Anything positive you sayabout Kobe can now be countered with "but as a Laker he didnt beat the Celtics". And this saying is warranted.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by Essential1

didnt hit the rim.....

did you even watch the video?
yes... It hits back board............. Goes over the rim. hits near the bottom of the back board.. that's what changed trajectory.. if it hit rim it would have bounced differently than it did

fake city, fake team, fake coach, fake confidence, and fake championship in 2009 since we didn't have KG. The rulers of this +%$# is back. We're taking down at least 4-5 more chips..maybe even more if Danny makes the right moves

Originally Posted by BTK

fake city, fake team, fake coach, fake confidence, and fake championship in 2009 since we didn't have KG. The rulers of this +%$# is back. We're taking down at least 4-5 more chips..maybe even more if Danny makes the right moves

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you make it sound like your playing  in the series.
and you probably never been to this city so
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by bijald0331

If it wasn't for Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo would be my fav player in the NBA. No question about it. He is just that damn fun to watch.

being 6' 2" myself, that's how I would want to play in the NBA(minus the shooting form)....if only I was given the talent.

please stay in the paint.

Originally Posted by BTK

you can't be serious

after this year the celtics window is shut down

enjoy this summer while you can cause the celtics will be irrelevant for the next 50 years

Originally Posted by BTK

Whoa man, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
laugh.gif

Anybody else notice that the only people thats saying the ball didn't hit rim are laker fans? Lol

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by BTK

you can't be serious

after this year the celtics window is shut down

enjoy this summer while you can cause the celtics will be irrelevant for the next 50 years

i agree with you, but i think everyone said the celtics were done last season including me, but look at them now

i still believe the lakers can take the next two.

Its all going to depend if someone is going to step up to the challenge with Kobe...Cause game 5 was horrible all around from his teammates.

Here's the thing I don't really think it's over by a long shot...

Lakers won 1 at Boston.. Celtics won 1 in LA... It shows that each team can win on the road but they pretty much cancel it out. So it is as if each team won at home which is what they were supposed to do.. Hence Celtics up 3-2...In the finals you are supposed to win at home.. SO if the Lakers do what is expected of any team playing for the championship (which is win at home, which is DEFINITELY EASIER TO DO THAN AT BOSTON) they have it..

I'm not going to call it as long as Kobe's out there, and DFish is out there... They are the only 2 who have showed up the way they have been expected to... They have the rings and enough determination to show up when needed...

We win 6... We most likely will win 7..

I also say we should play Ron from off the bench... Odom at the 3, Pau the 4, Drew the 5.... We need Odom to have big numbers and he can get it from the starting position... Plus Ron is not a big offensive threat, and we need offense.. I've never seen someone miss so many open shots...

Get Bynum started early... Kobe at the end of both halves... Fish to control the insignificant time (middle of quarters)..Pau/Lamar when Kobe is out...

Also no rushed shots.. That's what kills us.. Take up 16-19 seconds each possession unless wide open.. They been killing us when we shoot 6-10 seconds in and then just lob it down... If we take longer we can get guys in position to stop that..

We slow it down and make it a half court game... Celtics will hang but won't be effective because they have been killing us with running and energy (which I assume won't be as rapid in LA).. SUNS strategy... Keep them from running and don't overplay the KG picks (Artest
mad.gif
mad.gif
) and the Lakers take 6.. If we take 6 (comfortably) it will get into Boston's head for 7

Boston just has too many ways win.

Ray goin off, Rondo triple double, Pierce, their bench, KG takin Pau's heart etc.

Hopefully somebody else steps up @ Staples, or its gon be a long summer.

Originally Posted by BTK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I think we can take 6 and 7 in Staples.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Congratulations to Boston and their fans on their 18th Championship. Y'all deserve it. I fully expect the C's to blow us out by 39 and dance on the Staples floor.
--Doc Rivers owns Phil Jackson. He knows how to exploit mismatches (ie Adelman and theKIngs) and Phil cant counter Docs defense.
--Pierce > Kobe. This was a career defining game for both. This is a team game Kobe and you didnt get your team going.

--This series is over. The C's have the muscle, the skill, the drive, the experience to knock these Lakers out on Tuesday.
--Not beating the Celtics > everything Kobe has ever accomplished. Anything positive you sayabout Kobe can now be countered with "but as a Laker he didnt beat the Celtics". And this saying is warranted.

are you a laker fan? wow

i understand you get emotional after games like this but you have to remember the Lakers were not out of any of these games on the road. It was close. 
You have to win 4 games to win a series. It's not over. We have 2 games at home. Take it one game at a time with the crowd and some home cooking.

This dude always has something bad to say every series about the Lakers. Being so negative why do you even bother watching these playoffs/finals if you knew who was going to win?

Lmfao @ Kobe didn't get his team going...Pierce did though right? Pierce got his team going and Kobe didn't? You serious?

Noble Kane take over your username or something?

I feel sorry for KB. Dude played his heart out and nobody bothered to help.

Us being down by 5, Artest missing both freethrows, Artest not fouling Rondo, then Artest letting him score that layup.

Lamar Odumb is a heartless piece of @*+$.

And great game not to show up Pau.

Had Kobe not gone off in the third everyone would be pointing out how he has no heart, how he didn't try to go down scoring and do anything he could for his team to lose.

Dudes always gonna say something bad about KB.

I swear, even Celtic fans, the ones who got respect for basketball can respect what Kobe tried to do tonight.

There's no way it was his fault for them losing. If everyone on the Lakers had Kobes mentality they wouldn't have left with an L tonight.

U need to turn in your laker fan card

do people just forget that this Darth DNZY posts his "the other team is the bestest!" spiel on purpose?
How does this keep happening?

lakers take 1 in 3 home games celtics take 1 in 2 road games....................game 6 is a coin flip, but I think ray allen comes out of his slump

Originally Posted by bijald0331

do people just forget that this Darth DNZY posts his "the other team is the bestest!" spiel on purpose?
How does this keep happening?

But if it ends up happening its true and he's right regardless? Not sure how that works.

everybody quit *****ing and crying. game is over and done with. Lakers will take both games in LA. its do or die. that #%$!! kobe BETTER drive to the rim. what the ##@# is this *$%%% scared of???

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

Proves once again....

TEAM > BEST PLAYER

That pretty much sums it up Sriracha Hot Sauce

Despite that outburst in the 3rd quarter, I thought Kobe forced the issue too much sometimes. Just like Rondo sometimes tries for fancy when simple would do the job. Ho hum...

I still say Game 3 will come back to bite Boston and LA takes the final 2 @ home
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom