pimp.gif

lakers.bmp

74353965_27986ec68d.jpg

@
2226e.jpg

empty-case.jpg

Let's get it done, Lakers!
pimp.gif

Should be a tough and hard fought out game. Kobe didn't practice today again, and it will be interesting to see how Kobe feels. I see him playing like Game5, but if his teammates are not contributing, I hope he doesn't force too many shots. Pau and LO will have to play well in this game, just like last game.Give up less transition points and rebound effectively, and the Lakers should be off to WCF.
smokin.gif

Lakers by 4!
nerd.gif
3PLEDOUBLE, We need a confidence booster from you.
happy.gif

I would LOVE to see the Jazz fans get st.fu at their home arena.

Odom with 25
Fisher with 25
Pau with 22
Rusty Machine with 8 (2 threes and 2 freethrows)
Other role players total of 15
The other guy with 2

I expect the Jazz to recieve alot of favorable calls in this one...

Plus I have a question to the op
How does the history of the Lakers vs. the history of the Jazz have anything to do with this series?

Let's go Lakers, If Pau continues to play like he played the last two minutes of Game 5 we got this.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

How does the history of the Lakers vs. the history of the Jazz have anything to do with this series?
Not trying to speak for him... But I looked at it as "win = Keep the Jazz without any championships, win = Keep the Lakers on a quest for morebanners"

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Not trying to speak for him... But I looked at it as "win = Keep the Jazz without any championships, win = Keep the Lakers on a quest for more banners"

i look at it as "lakers are better than the Jizz. look at our trophies Mormons!!! Utah sucks"
ohwell.gif

esp. cuz of the posts i've seen by a good deal of Laker fans (NOT the level-headed/more classy ones) throughout this series, nothing leads me to believeotherwise.

about this game, the home team has dominated in the playoffs; i don't expect any different. Utah by 6.

Triple dub for either Kobe or Lamar. Blowout in Utah, I'll be overly optimistic/unrealistic.

Lakers MUST end this series in Game 6, & I honestly see it happening. Kobe has smartened up from Game 4, he's not gonna be tossing up shots like thatanymore, esp w/ the hurt back. I expect Gasol & Lamar to ball out again, we'll get it done some how, I hope.

LET'S GO LAKESHOW!!
pimp.gif

Lakers are due for a win @ Utah.

I see the Lakers taking this one by 5.

Derek Fisher gets his revenge and hits a couple big shots in the 4th to close out Utah on they're home court.

Go Lakers !

i expect Boozer and Okur to have good games...i hope Kobe doesnt try and end this series by himself

NBA PLAYOFFS

[h1]Kobe Bryant, Deron Williams have only praise for each other[/h1]

They became mutual fans after playing together on the USA team in the Olympic qualifying tournament.

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
May 16, 2008
Admittedly, Kobe Bryant doesn't throw up praise toward his opponents as frequently as he does jump shots.

But when the topic of the Utah Jazz's 23-year-old point guard, Deron Williams, comes up, the L-word starts to flow.

"I love him," Bryant recently said of Williams. "He's one of my favorite players in the league.

"I love his toughness. I love his competitiveness. I love his skill. I don't throw accolades around too frequently. I really love him as a basketball player."

It's a mutual admiration society dating from last summer, when the two spent three weeks as teammates on the USA basketball team that won gold in the FIBA Americas championship and qualified for this summer's Olympics in Beijing.

Each is the cog that revs his team's engine: Bryant, 29, the Lakers' superstar and the league's most valuable player with a knack for big shots and stellar play, and Williams, a young point guard who seamlessly fit into Jazz Coach Jerry Sloan's pick-and-roll scheme with forward Carlos Boozer.

And great players play even better in the playoffs.

In the Western Conference semifinal series that pits them against each other, Bryant is posting a team-high 33 points and 7.4 assists, up from his MVP regular-season averages of 28.3 and 5.4.

Williams, who is seemingly improving from game to game in this series, is averaging team highs of 22.6 points and 11 assists, compared with 18.8 and 10.5 in the regular season.

When informed of Bryant's comments, Williams sent them right back.

"I have a lot of respect for his game. He's one of the hardest workers I've ever seen," Williams said. "He's just a great competitor. . . . Just seeing how he works every day, it's inspiring."

Williams said he had always heard about Bryant's relentlessly competitive nature, but seeing it as a USA teammate offered a different perspective.

Meanwhile, Bryant liked the energy and natural playmaking abilities that Williams brought to the court over the summer. He witnessed Williams' dishing and delivering to his teammates, picking up an assist almost every couple of minutes he was on the court.

Williams saw a veteran player at the top of his game with an insatiable appetite to stay there. He noted that Bryant arrived a day before the rest of the USA team in Las Vegas to begin his routines in preparation for the games.

"Until you see it up close and personal, you never really know," Williams said. "Any time a guy was scoring on an opposing team, he wanted to guard him. He always wanted the toughest assignment. That's just his nature."

Bryant described Williams in a similar way. "He enjoys pressure as much as I do," Bryant said.

It's still uncertain whether the two will be teammates again in Beijing.

Williams is expected to be fighting for a spot against three other talented USA point guards: New Orleans' Chris Paul, Detroit's Chauncey Billups and Dallas' Jason Kidd.

It's a crowded race, and a tough personnel decision looms for U.S. Coach Mike Krzyzewski, but as Williams said with a smile, "I've never been cut from a team before."

Bryant and Williams may be teammates again in the near future, but in tonight's Game 6 in Utah, with the Lakers up 3-2, they will certainly revert to foes.

Said Williams: "I've got friends across this league, but if you step on the court, we're enemies for those 48 minutes."

jonathan.abrams@latimes.com

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-bryant16-2008may16,0,1267195.story

Back
Top Bottom