OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oldest version
tumblr_inline_ovehen3GJn1r6941h_540.gif

Newest version
tumblr_ovefcwg8Qu1s56rl9o3_540.gif

I have to admit that it stinks that Aidan Gillen might not be around in S8. A heck of an actor
Been searching for this gif.

The surprise on his face :lol:
hate to jump on the hate bandwagon but damn...you can really tell that its after the books and using their own writers

so popcorn

that theon scene was atrocious
That **** was bad.

That Theon scene was laughable, man. I still don't get what the writers wanted? We're we supposed to be pumping our fists in that scene? Soon as he started losing the fight I wanted to fast forward. Either let him defend himself and win the fight or don't. He gets beat to within an inch of his life, and somehow musters up the strength to throw a headbutt that shifts momentum immediately.

They've got to do something to improve the writing. That was bad.

Its weird too because we know Theon can fight. Give him his mojo or kill him off. We really don't have time for this

Its weird too because we know Theon can fight. Give him his mojo or kill him off. We really don't have time for this

Hopefully he glows all the way up next season. I hope he can get to the point we're he's cracking on himself for not having a piece similar to what Tyrion does with his height. I think that would be hilarious :lol:

I know Theon was tortured but dude got the same training that Jon and Rob got.

Dude should not be this lame if they want us to believe he is coming back to his senses.

That Theon scene was laughable, man. I still don't get what the writers wanted? We're we supposed to be pumping our fists in that scene? Soon as he started losing the fight I wanted to fast forward. Either let him defend himself and win the fight or don't. He gets beat to within an inch of his life, and somehow musters up the strength to throw a headbutt that shifts momentum immediately.

They've got to do something to improve the writing. That was bad.

Outside of that scene and them being "selective" with brans powers I had no gripes.

When the hound got in mountain-zombie face and told him that he knew that he had done and that he would be coming for him, who was he referring to? The lord of Light?

I'm starting to be annoyed by the shows lack of explanation of Brans powers. So now he can only see things he wants to see? How did he not see the wedding before?

Hes even said it multiple times "I am all seeing and all knowing I am the three eyed raven" yet has to be told things and was on the verge of bypassing an important plot point.
The entire scene was bull ****. Somebody else brought it up right after the scene. Bran tells Sam I can see everything, the past and everything now. The next words out his mouth is Jon's last name is Sand, false info from the alleged omniscient Bran. Then Sam tells him the facts and asks if he can see that too, immediate flashback to the marriage and a scene Bran should've already heard.

The entire scene seemed geared to outright tell any body not paying attention that Jon is a Targ and heir to the throne.

Sam even had that dumb line, it was in the maester's notes, I dont see why he's have reason to lie :lol:
Wasn't Bran watching as Lyanna told Ned that the baby's name Aegon Targaryen? And from that his dumbass thinks he's a Sand bastard?
:lol: Piss poor we don't remember what we did last season writing.
I guess they're trying to have Theon redeem himself with the audience, not working for me he's too far gone.
Word.

Seems only GRRM is gonna provide the fans with the justice this story deserves and demands.
Well, all I know is that Bran grew up hearing the story of his aunt being kidnapped and raped. I doubt that he wanted to watch his aunt being raped
:rofl: Did you say this just so somebody could bring up he watched Sansa get raped? Or are you serious?

Won't watch his aunt that he's never seen but will watch his sister that he grew up with?

They killed Rickon for this.

Last edited:
Outside of that scene and them being "selective" with brans powers I had no gripes.
Agreed, but looking at the season as a whole, the quality took a huge dip once they didn't have any source material to go off of anymore. I hated the way they went about the Arya/Sansa storyline. The plan to head up north and bring the least logical character in the series proof in the form of one Wight. All the playing they did with time. It all felt a lot more like a TV show than it did a fully realized world where characters have motivations and they act in a way that makes sense with the foundation of the character for the last 7 seasons. The big shocking moments are great, but if that connecting tissue like understanding why Arya is threatening to kill her sister isn't there it doesn't have the same impact.

We could have used a little hint that Arya and Sansa were working together. Instead they wanted to surprise us all at one moment, but by then I think we all kinda figured out what was happening.

Took a lot of the surprise out of that scene for me. Not to mention the exchange that they have to start the scene where Sansa says she's doing what she needs to do to protect the family from anyone who would harm in. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that. It's all been really heavy handed since they went off text. That's jarring, especially when the storytelling from George RR Martin is the complete opposite. I'm used to being critical of everything...this season felt like major plot point connect the dots.

Solid season, though. The huge moments were enough, but I feel like they could have had so much more impact.

They probably will because he has "Stark blood running through his veins"
If it gets out his real name is Argon Targareyn I doubt it :lol:
Did you guys get what The Hound said to his brother about "You know who's coming after you?"

Did that mean that The Hound is the one who will kill him or is there someone else?
That's how I interpreted it but nothing has changed about the Hound.

The Mountain just need to set his sword on fire and his bro will run like a *****.

Last edited:
Master Zik Master Zik , at the end of the day, he's still Lyanna's kid and looks more like a Stark than all of Ned's kids (except Arya). Not to mention the fact that he was raised in the North, served on the Night's Watch, and defeated the Boltons. I think Aegon Targaryen will keep his Northern street cred

Back
Top Bottom