OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
998B843E-8A31-4638-9EC0-E5A03326B956.jpeg

I was in my living room with my back scratcher in the air

We could have been a contender
1E92C5E0-6646-4BF9-B99B-AA7BF51955F2.png

Season 6 was awesome. The Battle of the Bastards, Cersei getting back at the Faith Militant, blowing up the Great Sept and crowning herself Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Daenerys finally sailing west with her Dothraki horde, 3 dragons and the Unsullied, Jon Snow crowned KITN, etc.

Hell, the OG book readers waited 20 ****ing years for confirmation of Jon Snow being Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid. 20 years!! The tower of Joy scene is in book 1.

This storyline was ****ing tremendous.

Love this scene. D&D should've handed over the show after this.

Last edited:
I went to sleep and woke up to Master Zik Master Zik still not being able to name a show better than GoT through the first 4 seasons.

There's literally no one one that would choose boardwalk over GoT.

Ask OP to make a poll regarding which show they would rather watch between seasons 1-4.

I went to sleep and woke up to Master Zik Master Zik still not being able to name a show better than GoT through the first 4 seasons.
You cant read? :lol:

Maybe you still sleeping. Wipe the cold out yo eyes fam.

Or this some new play stupid tactic so that I repeat myself?

Can anybody else that read my last post can't surmise what shows I feel are better than Game of Thrones?

Now you've gone on to begging for polls in GoT threads for shows better than GoT. Do better.

Season 6 was awesome. The Battle of the Bastards, Cersei getting back at the Faith Militant, blowing up the Great Sept and crowning herself Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Daenerys finally sailing west with her Dothraki horde, 3 dragons and the Unsullied, Jon Snow crowned KITN, etc.

Hell, the OG book readers waited 20 ****ing years for confirmation of Jon Snow being Rhaegar and Lyanna's kid. 20 years!! The tower of Joy scene is in book 1.

This storyline was ****ing tremendous.

Love this scene. D&D should've handed over the show after this.

Season 6 had these epic moments and build up. To get the rushed mess we got was insulting.

George R.R. Martin reveals 5 new facts about HBO's Game of Thronesprequel

1. Westeros is divided into roughly 100 kingdoms in the prequel. “We talk about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros; there were Seven Kingdoms at the time of Aegon’s Conquest,” Martin says. “But if you go back further then there are nine kingdoms, and 12 kingdoms, and eventually you get back to where there are a hundred kingdoms — petty kingdoms — and that’s the era we’re talking about here.” The Seven Kingdoms maintained some degree of order (at least, until war broke out). So it sounds like Westeros could be even more dangerous and chaotic and lawless than it is in GoT — like Wild West Westeros.

2. There are Starks and direwolves. The pack survives. This should be obvious given the time period (the Starks were descended from the First Men), but in case there was any doubt Martin confirms the fan-favorite family is around. “The Starks will definitely be there,” he said. And while much has been made about the fact the prequel predates dragons, that doesn’t mean there won’t be other creatures. “Obviously the White Walkers are here — or as they’re called in my books, The Others — and that will be an aspect of it,” Martin says. “There are things like direwolves and mammoths.”

3. There will not be any Lannisters — at least not at first… The prequel predates the rise of the Lannister family, Martin says. But there is another family currently residing in the future Lannister homestead. “The Lannisters aren’t there yet, but Castlery Rock is certainly there; it’s like the Rock of Gibraltar,” he says. “It’s actually occupied by the Casterlys — for whom it’s still named after in the time of Game of Thrones.” The Casterlys were supposedly swindled from their homestead by Lann the Clever — who founded House Lannister — though it’s unclear if this tale will be told in the prequel.

4. It’s a true ensemble. HBO’s cast breakdown appeared to suggest the show might be led by a trio of female leads (Naomi Watts, Naomi Ackie, and Denise Gough). Asked about this, Martin said the prequel — like Game of Thrones — is more accurately described as an ensemble story. “I hesitate to use the word ‘lead,’” Martin says. “As you know for Game of Thrones, we never even nominated anybody for lead actress or lead actor [during awards season] until recently; it was always for supporting [categories] because the show is such an ensemble. I think that will be true for this show too. We don’t have leads so much as a large ensemble cast.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/09/george-r-r-martin-game-of-thrones-prequel-facts/

George R.R. Martin reveals 5 new facts about HBO's Game of Thronesprequel

1. Westeros is divided into roughly 100 kingdoms in the prequel. “We talk about the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros; there were Seven Kingdoms at the time of Aegon’s Conquest,” Martin says. “But if you go back further then there are nine kingdoms, and 12 kingdoms, and eventually you get back to where there are a hundred kingdoms — petty kingdoms — and that’s the era we’re talking about here.” The Seven Kingdoms maintained some degree of order (at least, until war broke out). So it sounds like Westeros could be even more dangerous and chaotic and lawless than it is in GoT — like Wild West Westeros.

2. There are Starks and direwolves. The pack survives. This should be obvious given the time period (the Starks were descended from the First Men), but in case there was any doubt Martin confirms the fan-favorite family is around. “The Starks will definitely be there,” he said. And while much has been made about the fact the prequel predates dragons, that doesn’t mean there won’t be other creatures. “Obviously the White Walkers are here — or as they’re called in my books, The Others — and that will be an aspect of it,” Martin says. “There are things like direwolves and mammoths.”

3. There will not be any Lannisters — at least not at first… The prequel predates the rise of the Lannister family, Martin says. But there is another family currently residing in the future Lannister homestead. “The Lannisters aren’t there yet, but Castlery Rock is certainly there; it’s like the Rock of Gibraltar,” he says. “It’s actually occupied by the Casterlys — for whom it’s still named after in the time of Game of Thrones.” The Casterlys were supposedly swindled from their homestead by Lann the Clever — who founded House Lannister — though it’s unclear if this tale will be told in the prequel.

4. It’s a true ensemble. HBO’s cast breakdown appeared to suggest the show might be led by a trio of female leads (Naomi Watts, Naomi Ackie, and Denise Gough). Asked about this, Martin said the prequel — like Game of Thrones — is more accurately described as an ensemble story. “I hesitate to use the word ‘lead,’” Martin says. “As you know for Game of Thrones, we never even nominated anybody for lead actress or lead actor [during awards season] until recently; it was always for supporting [categories] because the show is such an ensemble. I think that will be true for this show too. We don’t have leads so much as a large ensemble cast.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/09/george-r-r-martin-game-of-thrones-prequel-facts/
If GRRM's doing the writing then I'm here for it. Also glad that this will be an ensemble cast - really lets the world itself take on the role of main character.

I hope so because I was so disappointed with how things ended, I couldn't even finish my rewatch while the last season was on

I'm really intrigued on how the world will look 5000 years before GOT took place as well as the 100 kingdoms. Should be a lot of war and politics going on

theon / alfie allen is on the new season of Harlots (Hulu) and is playing some douchebag pimp who is harassing the girls. The guy is always gonna get those type of roles. :lol:

theon / alfie allen is on the new season of Harlots (Hulu) and is playing some douchebag pimp who is harassing the girls. The guy is always gonna get those type of roles. :lol:
I watched like the first 3 eps of that show then I stopped any good?

Back
Top Bottom