OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why would Salsa lie about meeting and getting the info from littlefinger? She doesn't want Jon to cut that slime in half? Maybe she feels more like an adult now and wants to handle some stuff herself.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this time travel ****. No way is the NK going to be able to control or threaten Bran in to letting dude time travel.

I highly doubt his goal is to get access to time travel and warging. Probably just wants and nice age world.

Kinvara looking healthy.

View media item 2042772
actress-ania-bukstein-at-the-israeli-film-festival-gala-awards-dinner-picture-id103598057

Last edited:
I never seen anyone own varys like her. Little finger made some good one liners, but varys was speechless after his interaction with that lady

Why would Salsa lie about meeting and getting the info from littlefinger? She doesn't want Jon to cut that slime in half? Maybe she feels more like an adult now and wants to handle some stuff herself.
i think sansa ashamed that she ever trusted lf and doesnt want jon to think he can use her to get to him

I never seen anyone own varys like her. Little finger made some good one liners, but varys was speechless after his interaction with that lady
but how did she really know what happened? 
nerd.gif

r'hollor told her? or did she speak to the second rate sorcerer before varys got him?

and what did r'hollor say???

I was just kind of silent afterwards.. Hodor and Summer's death bummed me out as much as the Red Wedding and Ned's death.. but it didn't give me the same "everything is different now" kind of vibe.. even though there's obviously larger implications at stake.

Don't know how I feel about Bran and his flashbacks and affecting the past/current time kind of stuff. But I'll see where it goes from here. Like lawdog said, it wouldn't matter to me because there's already so much crazy stuff in this show.. that affecting the past and paradoxes wouldn't be that far-fetched, just curious if there's any more coming or if that was the big event.

Summer's death was dumb. Like.. she didn't even rescue or really save them, it bought them like 15 seconds.

Last edited:
Yeah. When the show started/book started I it was about direwolves. They just got washed with the ease. I definitely thought a direwolves had some sort of anti white walkers Ish going on where they'd handle a good amount of them, word to team Jacob.

The best written stories are the ones that leave sooooo much room for theories and discussions...this show is a masterpiece.
Discussions, sure.. theories? Nah. That's the new age, internet influenced model of watching TV. You can have a great show that's well acted, with great writing, important themes, powerful and memorable scenes, and have it be a classic show... and have zero theories or fan speculation associated with it.

Just because a show generates a ton of potential theories and fan speculation doesn't make it a masterpiece, if that was the case, Lost would be the greatest show of all-time.. instead of what it is.. one of the most overhyped shows ever. 

Game of Thrones is great without all these theories.

Last edited:
I was just kind of silent afterwards.. Hodor and Summer's death bummed me out as much as the Red Wedding and Ned's death.. but it didn't give me the same "everything is different now" kind of vibe.. even though there's obviously larger implications at stake.

Don't know how I feel about Bran and his flashbacks and affecting the past/current time kind of stuff. But I'll see where it goes from here. Like lawdog said, it wouldn't matter to me because there's already so much crazy stuff in this show.. that affecting the past and paradoxes wouldn't be that far-fetched, just curious if there's any more coming or if that was the big event.

Summer's death was dumb. Like.. she didn't even rescue or really save them, it bought them like 15 seconds.
RIGHT? I thought I was the only one annoyed by it. The legit murked summer and kept it moving.
Total waste imo.

I think the fans care about the direwolves a million times more than the writers.. because they're getting zero love. I'm not expecting them all to team up and defeat the White Walkers or anything.. but damn.. we don't see Summer for a minute and boom.. dead.

Discussions, sure.. theories? Nah. That's the new age, internet influenced model of watching TV. You can have a great show that's well acted, with great writing, important themes, powerful and memorable scenes, and have it be a classic show... and have zero theories or fan speculation associated with it.

Just because a show generates a ton of potential theories and fan speculation doesn't make it a masterpiece, if that was the case, Lost would be the greatest show of all-time.. instead of what it is.. one of the most overhyped shows ever. 

I disagree. GoT is greater because of the theories. And the reason there are so many theories is because the show is based on a book franchise that started 20 years ago and has yet to conclude. But those theories and of course this show has kept things interesting and fresh.

but how did she really know what happened? :nerd:

r'hollor told her? or did she speak to the second rate sorcerer before varys got him?

and what did r'hollor say???
With some detective work and knowledge of her faith it may have been easier and less ominous than most thinks

What if that 2nd rate sorcerer was a believer in the lord of the light? That's one connection. Then let's say all she did was find out where Varys was from and knew it was common practice of certain believers to do that to young boys and what he heard in the fire is the same thing basically said every time some boy's penis is used in some sorcery?

I mean we know from Melissanbae that burning children can get the lord of the light to do **** in your favor, birthing shadow assassins, etc. So who knows if scrotum sacrifice is also on the list.

While low key, Varys is well known so she may have done her homework on him and Tyrion to get them shook when she was planning to enter Dany's inner circle. Only change is Tyrion invited her and only Varys pushed back for obvious reasons.

I recognize how important theories are especially since game of thrones has been around for so long, but I disagree that theorizing makes for great TV. It can add to the enjoyment and make things more fun, but people can go way overboard care more about that than the actual show

I think the fans care about the direwolves a million times more than the writers.. because they're getting zero love. I'm not expecting them all to team up and defeat the White Walkers or anything.. but damn.. we don't see Summer for a minute and boom.. dead.
You would've thought they learned that when Joffrey just had one killed for some petty ****.

These wolves are just cooler pets appealing to most ppl love of animals or males in to that alpha dog ****.

I disagree. GoT is greater because of the theories. And the reason there are so many theories is because the show is based on a book franchise that started 20 years ago and has yet to conclude. But those theories and of course this show has kept things interesting and fresh.
I agree with Big J, that theory **** almost ruined S1 of True Detective. If Breaking Bad was any more complex it'd be the same thing. It was pretty straightforward and yet we had dudes obsessed over ricin for over a year.

Its funny too cuz I love Lost even with the aborted ending but that's the show that started this on a larger mainstream level. Had 6 seasons and managed to spawn more fan theories than the X-Files. Quite frankly that show as an example is low hanging fruit anyway. There are plenty worse shows with a bunch of fan theories cuz it has a cult following.

That sort of thing may increase your enjoyment (cuz really it's just like an alternative high to keep your brain buzzing about it until the next ep) but it does not mean the show is greater for it.

The Wire isn't any less a classic tv series just cuz there wasn't some Bodie conspiracy theory or an Omar + Kima = Dookie theory the fans were waiting for to be confirmed.

The same way that piece of **** show The Walking Dead isn't suddenly good cuz ppl theorizing about who Neagan killed or some **** about Morgan having the zombie cure.

Last edited:
I actually enjoy the theories

The theories in both the Breaking Bad and season one of True Detective thread were interesting

Back
Top Bottom