OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks this is more the kind of explanation I was looking for. The writers left a huge gap - they only mention how the Faith Militant were eradicated centuries ago. Yea Cersei signed a decree "empowering" them but like I said that's not tangible and doesn't really mean anything if we take the historical account of their eradication to be true. The shown has done a lot to show manpower and resources matter a lot, only power is power, etc.

Well, that's Cersei's perspective. Varys has a different perspective:

The poor people who feel neglected by the Crown believe in The Faith. 

Last edited:
anybody think Varys little birds might actually be birds? 
nerd.gif

like what if varys knows magic or is a secret red priest or something?

what if hes a warg?

He was on the boat when they left Dorne. I expect to see him in the next Jamie scene. Aint like he out here making a lot of moves. He probably in KL getting serviced in a brothel.

Brothels were closed by the Seven remember? He's probably on his way back to his fiance or whatever we can call that girl. Or he's waiting for Jaime to make good on that promise and get him a woman that has a "bigger castle." lol
The ******* Seven :smh: I forgot.

Somebody needs to kill that cult already.

I still don't understand how a bunch of hard core church boys using caveman war tactics armed with clubs and and a tunic have basically taken the royal family hostage.

Makes no sense can any book readers shine light on this?
The royal family is completely toothless at the moment.

Cersi let them in and they prospered and then turned on her. Can't rely on Tommen being a man when he let his yambs get imprisoned before his moms.

They have no real force without Tywin or Tyrion. We'll see how Jamie deals with them.

I still don't understand how a bunch of hard core church boys using caveman war tactics armed with clubs and and a tunic have basically taken the royal family hostage.

Makes no sense can any book readers shine light on this?
Cersei basically seeded them the power to get Margaery arrested. Now they'll have the majority population aka the poor on their side. The mountain is going to own them tho....
It still doesn't make sense though. She seeded them power by decree only, nothing tangible.

They had no standing army. From the looks of it they don't even have proper weaponry.
The Lannisters and company are pretty much broke.  They don't have enough money, and have been trying to get whatever they can from the poor people through taxes.  Their army at this point is rather weak, and if they cut through everybody, the peasants will revolt since the sevens have all of the people on their side.  

Watched the Red Wedding for the second time in two days. By far the coldest scene in the whole show. The acting was superb. Lady Stark was all in her feels man. 

Cant wait till Walter Frey & Ruse Bolton get theirs.

Watched the Red Wedding for the second time in two days. By far the coldest scene in the whole show. The acting was superb. Lady Stark was all in her feels man. 

Usually, the "bad" guys win in this show.  You might end up waiting a long time.  

Usually, the "bad" guys win in this show.  You might end up waiting a long time.  
Usually. But Arya def aint gonna slip.

The North  Arya Remembers

I knew Sansa and Reek were alive....
you'd have to have an IQ of -140 to think they would kill off

2 major characters jumping into a few feet of snow
For any other show this would be true. But not this one. Especially since someone just died from the same height 
laugh.gif
Muh lady ate concrete tho.
From that height they could've landed on pure goose down and still wouldn't be able to just walk it off.

The coward false king sir Tiberious Doggerton too scared to show his face. Back into your hole, YE traitorous swine.
giphy.gif

Any of his 7 disciples wanna step forward and confess your sinning ways, you'll be shown mercy. Just have to pay the iron price and we'll be square

Finally got to Ep 1. Perfect intro back in. Touched on all the outstanding stories and brought you right back in. Favorite part was Brienne finally doing something real for a Stark.

c'mon now. :lol:

first davis. :rofl: :rofl:

now this. we got to do better. :lol:

So Pod about to get them Salsa yambs, huh.

Calling it now, Pod, the future warden of the North.

after listening to some podcasts, the whole Trystane murder. How the hell did the sand snakes get to his boat when last we saw them they were on the dock waving goodbye?

and why on Earth would the Night Watch leave Jon Snow's body there overnight, at breakfast admit you killed him, and then demand Davos gives them the body? Couldn't you have just did all that **** right after you killed him in the first place?

poor writing there

after listening to some podcasts, the whole Trystane murder. How the hell did the sand snakes get to his boat when last we saw them they were on the dock waving goodbye?

and why on Earth would the Night Watch leave Jon Snow's body there overnight, at breakfast admit you killed him, and then demand Davos gives them the body? Couldn't you have just did all that **** right after you killed him in the first place?

poor writing there

I guess, but time has never elapsed at the same rate for all the concurrently running storylines. With Dorne, I just assumed a few days had passed, rather than it picking up right where last season. I mean Jamie was able to sail all the way from Dorne to Kings Landing too.

Just because the John Snow story picked up right away doesn't mean everything else did. And as far as Ser Allister and everyone leaving him out there, they're not the most rational bunch to begin with so it seems plausible to me their mutiny wouldn't go perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom