**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

Don't remember Dipset General posting this, but I didn't know this had a video
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Couldve Shifted into "Church"...I Say I Remembuh At Least once everyday at work..Folk be lookin at me like im crazy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The genre needed a "savior" and the industry hype machine went into full effect. I'm not a fan of Kendrick's music specifically his flow and rhyming cadence. People are so desperate for lyricism that when anything sounds like the "Golden Era" they hop on it.
couldnt agree more

The genre needed a "savior" and the industry hype machine went into full effect. I'm not a fan of Kendrick's music specifically his flow and rhyming cadence. People are so desperate for lyricism that when anything sounds like the "Golden Era" they hop on it.
couldnt agree more
Idk I dont think ppl see it that way, he's just different and the fact that he's lyrical too plays good part. Except for maybe 1 or 2 elitist I havent seen ppl call him the savior. 

I mean there are a few songs I feel as if he Kendrick gets off like that song he just dropped " backseat in london" joint or something like that but his album as a whole was 100% OVERHYPED TO THE MAX

but his album as a whole was 100% OVERHYPED TO THE MAX

i still don't get this.
if everyone who hypes it likes it as much as they say they do how is it overhyped. just because you can't get into it (which isn't a problem...it's just your preference) doesn't mean it isn't as great as everyone says it is.
it's like when people say the Bred 11s are overhyped...a lot of people like them, a lot of people buy them. what's the overhype?
a lot of fans love GKMC...a lot of critics love it...a lot of people bought it. what's the overhype?
honestly, overhyping is truly meant for sports or things with stats. Tebow is overhyped because he gets all of this attention, but his stats don't stand up to other elite QBs.

i still don't get this.
if everyone who hypes it likes it as much as they say they do how is it overhyped. just because you can't get into it (which isn't a problem...it's just your preference) doesn't mean it isn't as great as everyone says it is.
it's like when people say the Bred 11s are overhyped...a lot of people like them, a lot of people buy them. what's the overhype?
a lot of fans love GKMC...a lot of critics love it...a lot of people bought it. what's the overhype?
honestly, overhyping is truly meant for sports or things with stats. Tebow is overhyped because he gets all of this attention, but his stats don't stand up to other elite QBs.

Overhyped as in the actual CD wasn't that great but most people are sheep and say it is because the critics told em it was.

If you truly enjoy the album that much its cool, but most people really don't think for themselves. They'll call something great or "classic" and you ask em why they think its classic and they can't really tell you.

Kinda like when Wayne said he was the greatest rapper alive and everybody just bought into it. Bar for bar he wasn't even close but once you get the sheep moving its hard to stop them.

GKMC ain't overhyped at all. Joint was damn near flawless. The stories on that album are timeless.

If you don't like it your probably not a fan of music anyway.

Overhyped as in the actual CD wasn't that great but most people are sheep and say it is because the critics told em it was.

If you truly enjoy the album that much its cool, but most people really don't think for themselves. They'll call something great or "classic" and you ask em why they think its classic and they can't really tell you.

Kinda like when Wayne said he was the greatest rapper alive and everybody just bought into it. Bar for bar he wasn't even close but once you get the sheep moving its hard to stop them.
agreed lol this is exactly how i feel. Its like something I learned in psychology or one of those type classes... When a fan likes an artist, musician, actor etc. They can do no wrong in their eyes. Everything they do, you will think is amazing, which in reality it isnt... I forgot the name of what this is called but it is true I see this with so many artists Lil Wayne, Jayz, Nicki Minaj no matter what they do people will think its GOLD when it isn't in reality.

Please don't slander Kendrick Lamar and GKMC by making a Wayne comparison as far as being overhyped. For me his album a a very good debut from a new artist. It didn't change my life like some people, but id still put it as one of the best of 2012, even though for awhile I've had 6 of those songs in constant rotation. I just can't stop listening to those to get to the others.

Wayne said he was the greatest rapper alive even though at that time, in "his prime", he was still average at best, and no, don't post Hustler Muzik, Louisianimal or any other standard stuff from him that's supposedly great. People were truly overhyping the **** out of him. I think people were just shocked that a new dude like KL could put out such a quality album, when a lot of his peers/competition are putting out garbage stuff. I was surprised at how good it was just cause I wasn't completely sold on him.

This is Game's thread though.......

I remembuh!!!

Please don't slander Kendrick Lamar and GKMC by making a Wayne comparison as far as being overhyped. For me his album a a very good debut from a new artist. It didn't change my life like some people, but id still put it as one of the best of 2012, even though for awhile I've had 6 of those songs in constant rotation. I just can't stop listening to those to get to the others.

Wayne said he was the greatest rapper alive even though at that time, in "his prime", he was still average at best, and no, don't post Hustler Muzik, Louisianimal or any other standard stuff from him that's supposedly great. People were truly overhyping the **** out of him. I think people were just shocked that a new dude like KL could put out such a quality album, when a lot of his peers/competition are putting out garbage stuff. I was surprised at how good it was just cause I wasn't completely sold on him.

This is Game's thread though.......

I remembuh!!!
LMAO good segue I have one more thing to say and then we can get back to games CD. Lyrically it probably is really good but as far as bangers where I can just listen to and ride to, I just, myself could not get into it at all.... But I am not a kendrick stan neither so maybe thats why.... Now back to this fire GAME CD thooooo I think this album was overlooked by a lot of people.

I wasn't big on KL at all before GKMC, but dude delivered arguably a classic. Hyped to you, but good/great to others. This Game album, like I stated before, is solid. But I can't get over the blatant biting that was done on here.

you destroyed your own argument in the first sentence. When all of my patnas are in my dorm room or we're in the car or whatever we listen to GKMC the whole way through because we love it. You have to be some type of stupid to think that EVERYONE pretends to like something because they're told to. You know there is other music out there and the goal is to find what's most pleasurable to your ears. so tell me are you God? have you surveyed everyone who says they like GKMC? because unless one of those is the case i can't understand how you know why other people like listening to an album. so LIKE I SAID...unless people hype something/someone but the stats don't live up to it.......it can't be overrated/hyped. you don't like the album...i do. therefore it can't be overrated because those are both based in opinions.

I hope you dudes hating on K. Dot aren't J. Cole fans
Why is it hating? its a matter of opinion and frankly not everybody in the world likes k dot....its just fact that some people don't like every body... You like k dot, I just disagree with your opinion.. NEVER HATE though. You know going back and forth isn't going to change anyone's opinion. If they didn't feel the cd arguing with them wont change their mind.ijs

you destroyed your own argument in the first sentence. When all of my patnas are in my dorm room or we're in the car or whatever we listen to GKMC the whole way through because we love it. You have to be some type of stupid to think that EVERYONE pretends to like something because they're told to. You know there is other music out there and the goal is to find what's most pleasurable to your ears. so tell me are you God? have you surveyed everyone who says they like GKMC? because unless one of those is the case i can't understand how you know why other people like listening to an album. so LIKE I SAID...unless people hype something/someone but the stats don't live up to it.......it can't be overrated/hyped. you don't like the album...i do. therefore it can't be overrated because those are both based in opinions.

Got damb take KL's **** out your mouth little boy. Your girlfriend wouldn't appreciate it.

I said was once the hype machine gets rolling about a artist the SHEEP follow, as they did with Wayne in 06-07. That may not apply to YOU but it applies to a lot of people.

As I said before, I respect KL lyricism but I can't rock with his album. I didn't say it sucked or it was horrible. I (like other people in this thread) am saying that I believe a good part of his hype is pushed by these blogs, websites, w/e as being the savior and not because of people listening to it UNBIASEDLY.

And since we're talking about "patnas" I have plenty of friends who don't like GKMC either. Does that somehow make my post more valid like you think it made yours? :lol:

Last edited:
Got damb take KL's **** out your mouth little boy. Your girlfriend wouldn't appreciate it.

I said was once the hype machine gets rolling about a artist the SHEEP follow, as they did with Wayne in 06-07. That may not apply to YOU but it applies to a lot of people.

As I said before, I respect KL lyricism but I can't rock with his album. I didn't say it sucked or it was horrible. I (like other people in this thread) am saying that I believe a good part of his hype is pushed by these blogs, websites, w/e as being the savior and not because of people listening to it UNBIASEDLY.

And since we're talking about "patnas" I have plenty of friends who don't like GKMC either. Does that somehow make my post more valid like you think it made yours?
laugh.gif
in a nutshell

And since we're talking about "patnas" I have plenty of friends who don't like GKMC either. Does that somehow make my post more valid like you think it made yours?
:lol:

no...it just proves that some people like it and some don't. that's all i was saying.
and nice response. how original, clever, eloquent and substantial :D
anyways...you still didn't say anything that actually had to do w/ my response.
all i was saying is that saying anything/anybody other than something/someone with statistics is overhyped/overrated is rather fallacious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom