OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Y'all must have forgot

beast
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Originally Posted by srvballer

So the warriors are definitely going to use their amnesty on Beidrins right??

I don't think so. Dude has an Oracle hall pass for some reason.  Latvian mafia extortion on the organization is my guess. 
laugh.gif
 What difference does that make - he gets his money either way, no Lativan crew cares about actually watching basketball....or they wouldn't be trying to extort Beans of all people.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by srvballer

So the warriors are definitely going to use their amnesty on Beidrins right??

I don't think so. Dude has an Oracle hall pass for some reason.  Latvian mafia extortion on the organization is my guess. 
laugh.gif
 What difference does that make - he gets his money either way, no Lativan crew cares about actually watching basketball....or they wouldn't be trying to extort Beans of all people.

[/conspiracy theory] Every country needs a little national pride. The Latvian goons run a little protection for Gruber in exchange for a Beans roster spot and a little pride in their shack of a country. Boom!  
rozay-boom_o_gifsoup11-com.gif
[/conspiracy theory]
But in all seriousness, using amnesty on Beans would be wise.  I think their biggest worry would be inability to sign any even replacement level player even with the money saved.

Best case, save the money and throw it all at Dwight Howard next year as unlikely as it sounds, and throw Tyler into the fire this year.

The owners will not amnesty Biedrins because it probably won't save them that much besides cap space.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

The owners will not amnesty Biedrins because it probably won't save them that much besides cap space.
he'd also require a massive buyout

But that's the point. To get a bad contract off the cap. 

Originally Posted by offbad

he'd also require a massive buyout

Huh?

Isn't Amnesty by all accounts a buyout?

Do you guys understand Amnesty, in general (not being an @*$)...?

Within the new collective bargaining agreement, teams will get a chance to use what they are calling the "amnesty clause." This clause allows teams to take one entire contract off the books during the time that the CBA is in place. It is a way to allow a franchise to get out from under a bad deal, and to potentially clear cap space to pursue new free agents. The franchise still has to pay the contract, but none of it gets counted against the cap.

The way I see it is that it's similar to a buyout, except that last phrase.  In a buyout, I think all the money of the counts against the cap for the duration of the contract. However, not sure if, like in football, where the guaranteed cash gets split evenly across the remaining years of the contract or if it's uneven splitting of the contract based it's initial figures.

In the amnesty clause, it's seems as if the team still plays the player the full contract over the same period of time, but none of that money is "recognized" by the league as counting against the allotted cash amount you are allowed/supposed to spend every year.

So I dunno what Beans' contract figures are like this year, but I do think his contract was heavily back-loaded. So in a couple years, utilizing the amnesty clause this year would probably look wise at the expense of potentially not freeing much space up this year to make a splash in free agency.

Within the new collective bargaining agreement, teams will get a chance to use what they are calling the "amnesty clause." This clause allows teams to take one entire contract off the books during the time that the CBA is in place. It is a way to allow a franchise to get out from under a bad deal, and to potentially clear cap space to pursue new free agents. The franchise still has to pay the contract, but none of it gets counted against the cap.
The way I see it is that it's similar to a buyout, except that last phrase.  In a buyout, I think all the money of the counts against the cap for the duration of the contract. However, not sure if, like in football, where the guaranteed cash gets split evenly across the remaining years of the contract or if it's uneven splitting of the contract based it's initial figures.

In the amnesty clause, it's seems as if the team still plays the player the full contract over the same period of time, but none of that money is "recognized" by the league as counting against the allotted cash amount you are allowed/supposed to spend every year.

So I dunno what Beans' contract figures are like this year, but I do think his contract was heavily back-loaded. So in a couple years, utilizing the amnesty clause this year would probably look wise at the expense of potentially not freeing much space up this year to make a splash in free agency.

His contract doesn't have the annual % increase. He'll be making $9M over each of the next three seasons.

Well +*!@, then that seems logical then to amnesty Beans. That's 9 mill off the books plus however much they are already under the cap.
Otherwise it's gonna be Bell, and the only reason that would happen is that the FO thinks that Beans is a tradeable commodity, which may be, but for what?

$9m for a center (yes, even Beans) is a decent price, though. And, they're probably going to play it defensively in the sense of not wantiing him to go to any other team in the West. That's my guess at least.

Will Brandon Roy End Up on the Golden State Warriors?

According to numerous reports, the Blazers are expected to use the amnesty clause on Brandon Roy, which will make him available to the rest of

the NBA. And Golden State is said to be one of the favorites to land Roy. Per the Contra Costa Times: “A couple team sources let me know that if

Brandon Roy is indeed Portland’s amnesty choice, as the Oregonian reported, the Warriors are definitely interested. As everyone knows, Roy’s

athleticism has been significantly diminished by knee injuries, and he’s been injury prone lately. But the Warriors are willing to use what he has for

the right price. They view him as a good locker room presence (which is what they need for rookie Klay Thompson), someone with good size and a

great skillset, and another option for late in games. With Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry in tow, the Warriors have the luxury of not needing Roy to

be the All-Star he once was. If he is willing to come off the bench and play more of a complimentary role, the Warriors would probably make an

offer (depending on how things go with their other targets). I’m told the Seattle native he would prefer to stay on the West Coast, and he would like

to play for the Warriors. It needs to be pointed out that Roy’s former agent, Bob Myers, is now the assistant GM for the Warriors.

Golden State could offer near max money to Nene if they amnesty David Lee or Andris Biedrins. The Warriors have a fantastic backcourt with Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry, Nene would help balance that roster tremendously. But does he want to trust his future to a new ownership group and an unproven coach in Mark Jackson?

Link: http://probasketballtalk....itors-lined-up-for-nene/

I would amnesty Biedrins in a heart beat. Are we just hoping he just wakes up from that basketball coma he's been in the past few seasons??

Get rid of him and open up 9 mil of cap space is the smart/only move

So if Biedrins gets amnestied, the owners still have to pay him $4.5 million per for the next 6 years. And a team that signs him will pay off the amount of the contract they sign him for so Lacob only has to pay the subsidized amount.

It would make more sense to amnesty David Lee since he has more value and would demand money closer to his current contract value.

Ric Bucher is reporting Monta for Gay...

No - it's not subsidized I believe. Meaning, the Warriors are on the hook and any team who signs him at a minimum, only has to pay the minimum.

[h1]
[h1]Lee a better candidate for amnesty than Biedrins[/h1]By: Matt Steinmetz

Yesterday I wrote that if Warriors owner Joe Lacob really wanted to make good on his promise to make a bold move, he should consider using the amnesty clause on forward David Lee, and erasing $68.5 million* over five years from the team’s cap.

The thrust of the post was this: If Lacob really wanted to chart a new course for the Warriors, now would be the time to do it. The table is set beautifully to do such a thing.

http://

Received some responses from people, saying that if the Warriors were going to go that route -- the overhaul --  then why not amnesty center Andris Biedrins, set to earn $27 million* over the next three seasons?

Biedrins has been awful the past two seasons, and there are no indications he’s getting better anytime soon. It’s just tough to envision him turning it back around here. Love to see it, don’t see it happening.

So, why then wouldn’t you amnesty Biedrins? Well, two reasons.

First, Lee would be a better use of the amnesty – from a math and bottom line perspective. What is expected to happen when a player is amnesty-ed is that the NBA teams that are under the salary cap will have a chance to bid for the player’s services.

The waived player’s salary comes off the team’s cap, we know, but we’re talking about real dollars here. Anyway, the team that bids the most money gets the player, and then the Warriors make up the difference in the player’s overall compensation.

If the Warriors used the amnesty provision on David Lee, there would definitely be teams interested. And why not? He’s a good player with a legitimate skill set. Nobody’s denying that. The issue, however, is how much cap room he’s taking up on the Warriors … too much, and it’s going to hamper them going forward.

But the larger point is that using amnesty on Lee doesn’t mean you have to “eat
[/h1]

To me, its a NO BRAINER to dump David Lee than Andris. Sorry for the terrible copy job above. Damn work computer.

I'll take bets with anyone that Lacob under virtually no circumstance will use amnesty on Lee this year.

Amnesty David Lee sounds good, good point on Biedrins being easier to move.

The thought of B Roy comin off the bench in a Warriors shirt makes my **** hard.

By the way, there is ALL kinds of Warriors rumors on twitter right now, that I am surprised havent really been talked about in here.

-Ric Bucher reporting Monta + asset for Rudy Gay

-Sam Amick reporting we are going after David West

-And of course us going after Nene is all over twitter. Supposedly we are one of 6 teams that have expressed interest.

The next few weeks should be very interesting to say the least.

Originally Posted by dland24

By the way, there is ALL kinds of Warriors rumors on twitter right now, that I am surprised havent really been talked about in here.

-Ric Bucher reporting Monta + asset for Rudy Gay

-Sam Amick reporting we are going after David West

-And of course us going after Nene is all over twitter. Supposedly we are one of 6 teams that have expressed interest.

The next few weeks should be very interesting to say the least.
Rudy Gay for Monta was talked about in the NBA thread, and frankly, unless we Amnesty Lee, I'm not really on board with this.  We're taking back 1.5x in salary, too.
I'd love a guy like David West, but wouldn't we need to trade for him? Thought he re-upped with NO because of the knee before the lock out?
Nene, I too would like, but I firmly believe he'll go to another suitor and there will be plenty of other teams who can out spend us.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Warriors' trade rumors coming fast and furious[/h1] November 30, 2011, 4:19 pm

byline_matt_steinmetz2.png

The NBA rumors are coming fast and furious already – despitethe fact that teams won’t be able to trade players for more than a week. Butthere’s talk between general managers and agents, and whenever there is talk,there will be reports and rumors.
Let’s address a few …

--The Warriors are revisiting a trade that wouldsend Monta Ellis to Memphis in a deal for Rudy Gay.

The Ellis-to-Memphis rumors are probably not going to diebecause Ellis has an offseason home there, and the Grizzlies are said to be inthe market for a shooting guard.

Last season the Warriors turned down an offer of O.J. Mayoand Hasheem Thabeet for Ellis, and so it’s possible Memphis could have“sweetened

Back
Top Bottom