OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Dwight trade seems like a huge long shot and just some buzz the Magic are trying to create around the whole situation.

ps we're beating the Lakers tomorrow...

If Lakers finally realize they won't rob every team they trade with, and do Bynum+Gasol, I think that will get it done. The Warriors are still a huge long shot, at least we have a few pieces in place that could potentially make a deal happen.

If there's a deal Orlando would want from the Warriors, I don't care who's involved- just do it. Worry about the rest later on. Get him on the roster then worry about how you want to surround players around him, and try to convince him to re-sign. As some of you have already mentioned, even if he bolts, we're in a better rebuilding position- at least we won't be stuck in mediocrity, where we're not bad enough, but not good enough.

But it doesn't seem realistic....it's too good to be true given all the crap we've heard before
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

You throw out everything you can for Dwight (including the 2014 pick) except for Monta. If we get to keep Lee, that'll be great too, because a Monta, Lee, Dwight big three is pretty beast. Even if Dwight doesn't want to stay with us, he'll probably agree to a sign and trade because he would not leave $30m on the table. So we'd still be able to get draft picks and other pieces out of it. Draft picks are my main concern, since we got none.

lets say we trade Curry, Biedrins, Klay, Wright, Udoh and maybe the 2014 #1 pick for Dwight and Hedo (they will probably trade to unload Hedo's contract on someone else).

I'd be pretty happy with our potential starting 5.

Monta/Nate/Jenkins
Rush/Hedo/Sign FA
McGuire/Hedo/Wright
Lee/Sign FA
Dwight/Kwame/Tyler

laugh.gif
at Wright 3rd string. He's definitely played like it so far.

Also Monta at PG wouldn't be so bad, especially not if you have Rush at the 2 for defensive purposes and spot up shooting. You can always move Hidayet to 3 if you want Monta to control the ball less.

speculation upon speculation #GSW

Originally Posted by Andrew630

lets say we trade Curry, Biedrins, Klay, Wright, Udoh and maybe the 2014 #1 pick for Dwight and Hedo (they will probably trade to unload Hedo's contract on someone else).

I'd be pretty happy with our potential starting 5.

Monta/Nate/Jenkins
Rush/Hedo/Sign FA
McGuire/Hedo/Wright
Lee/Sign FA
Dwight/Kwame/Tyler
I say there's no way ORL would do that trade...

Offbad, I think he means Chris Wright...

Did you guys not watch Monta as the PG at times during the Spurs game? Just asking....cuz it surely would be bad because he doesn't have any other type of basketball sense but a scorers mentality.

Yea, his PG skills are lacking, but he was also dead tired.

He can play PG simply because he can command a double team and just drive and dish. It looked pretty sweet when he was playing against NYK. No fancy passing, just drive, suck in the D, dish.

And yes, I meant Chris Wright (would like to see him get some burn in the D-League).

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Did you guys not watch Monta as the PG at times during the Spurs game? Just asking....cuz it surely would be bad because he doesn't have any other type of basketball sense but a scorers mentality.
yeah I forgot, but that was also him doing everything because everyone else was doing nothing I feel.

Yea, he is definitely not in season form yet. Teams are still feeling everything out like preseason.

Ok, well exhbit B - look at two years ago and how the Monta at PG expirement worked.

And I fully understand he had a great average APG last year, too....just saying, you go grab a guy like DHoward, you still don't have a PG to get him the ball.

offbad - after gutting the team to acquire Howard, how do you think the team is going to look. I'd imagine Monta would play like he did against the Spurs a lot more
laugh.gif

LOS ANGELES – Warriors coach Mark Jackson said rookieCharles Jenkins will start at point guard Friday night against theLakers.
Jenkins, a second-round pick out of Hofstra, will start inplace of Stephen Curry, who is out with a right ankle injury.

http://

Jenkins will get the starting nod over %%% Smith and newlyacquired Nate Robinson. Smith seems to be falling out of favor a bit as hisplaying time has decreased, and Robinson hasn’t had enough practice time inyet.

Read more: Jenkins will start at PG vs. Lakers
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Ok, well exhbit B - look at two years ago and how the Monta at PG expirement worked.

And I fully understand he had a great average APG last year, too....just saying, you go grab a guy like DHoward, you still don't have a PG to get him the ball.

offbad - after gutting the team to acquire Howard, how do you think the team is going to look. I'd imagine Monta would play like he did against the Spurs a lot more
laugh.gif
true, but that was also two years ago... he could be better this time around
ohwell.gif

if Ellis and Howard were somehow on the same team, I do think that another offensive option in Howard would help Ellis' play as a PG a lot more.

*edit*
of course, this goes without saying that Ellis is not a natural PG

Liking the energy this second unit has brought minus the turnovers. Please keep Dorell Wright on the bench.

we need Nate to score since Monta is being sufficated. The signing couldn't have come at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom