OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Originally Posted by daprescription

A lot of Warriors fans are idiots. Nobody here, but I can't stand most Warriors fans.
Going to games, half of them definitely don't understand basketball.

I'm not going to say I 'lost a little respect' for Barry, but I will say that I side w/ the fans who dole money out to the Warriors more than I side w/ a guy who was given money to be a Warrior.

If you don't think the owner is cutting it, boo his $%@. Donald Sterling, Al Davis, whoever the Pirates owner is... the fans have every right to boo clueless/unaggressive owners.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

A lot of Warriors fans are idiots. Nobody here, but I can't stand most Warriors fans.

This is true. A lot of causal fans
I was at the game... and seeing it live!? Man i thought dude would bust into tears
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

They didnt even boo that loud?

Yes, they did. I was there, and you couldn't hear Lacob at all at the peak of the boos. Pretty crazy and terribly uncomfortable!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I'm not going to say I 'lost a little respect' for Barry, but I will say that I side w/ the fans who dole money out to the Warriors more than I side w/ a guy who was given money to be a Warrior.

If you don't think the owner is cutting it, boo his $%@. Donald Sterling, Al Davis, whoever the Pirates owner is... the fans have every right to boo clueless/unaggressive owners.
I would agree, but these fans are different.  These people have been supporting losers for how long now?  And the final straw for them was trading Monta Ellis?  Monta Ellis?  These fans are idiots, plain and simple.

I completely forgot about the Monta trade.

Makes me side w/ the fans even MORE.
laugh.gif

Totally agree with you. Some are just as delirious as other teams' fans.

Man my brother and me were at the game tonight and just hearing the boos were embarassing. I understand the fans wanting to boo. Lacob talks too much, Lacob makes ******ed guarnantees, and was the one that bought the Warriors (blocking Larry Ellison), and traded away Monta Ellis, but not at that stage. It was Mullin's night. The time to celebrate Mullin.

Bay area fans are smarter than you think... They voice what they feel, wrong or right. It's up to the sports teams and owners to deliver. Can you say that this team has been any different the past 4 years? I don't think the Monta trade is what set it off, but only gave fans another reason to boo him. He should've known this. Whether the trade will benefit us in the future.. Well have to see. But right now it doesn't, and the fans have the right to their opinion. Hopefully this only pushes Lacob to be more aggressive and make wise moves.

Rick Barry is such a douche. No wonder nobody likes this guy. Whose #!*@@!% idea was it to end with Joe Lacob, what a joke. Not a big fan of Lacob at all, he seems to just want to shine. Talking this trade was on par with that of bringing KG to Boston GTFOHWTBS

Haha watching the replay on CSN, they stopped airing the ceremony after Mullins speech, cut out ALL of Lacobs speech and Mullins/Barrys (tirade) intervention with two commercials then cut back to Lacob handing over the mic to Mullins daughter/Jersey unveiling LOL

Can't say I'm mad at the fans. I'll be the first to call most fans clueless at games, but this wasn't even classless in my book. Despite not making the playoffs and management making dumb move after dumb move, the fans still show up. You'd want them to make a stand with their wallets and not their boos on such a night, but that's just not the way Warriors fans roll. Lacob knew this.

Mitchell and ness needs to hurry up and reissue that '91 mullin jersey.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
Wow.

If the paying customer wants to boo then more power to them IMO. The Warrior fan base is no different than others when you are in an arena, and this is nothing new. If you want to put any blame on anyone then put it on the Warriors decision makers who didn't stop to think what would result if they had the owner talking the mic during the ceremony. And better yet at the end of it like he's coming in on a white horse.

The MC actually utters this at the end: "We have one other thing to do tonight. We've saved the best for last. Let's bring out the owner of the GS Warriors."  You have to be kidding me
laugh.gif

You can best believe they are already in meetings as we speak this morning dealing with the backlash and PR.

I can understand Warriors' fans booing.

I'm pretty sure if Dolan ever speaks in public he won't last 30 seconds until the deafening sound of boos and food/drinks from the fans force him into hiding.

The reason I was 50/50 on it last night was, when Mullin asked for the booing to stop, it should have. You've already let your feelings be known booing in the first place, now follow it up at the gates.

I can't wait till Larry Ellison buys the Griz....Hope he plants them in SJ when the lease w/ Memphis is over.

The "save the best for last" was hanging the jersey into the rafters- I don't think it was intentional to have the owner get the shine like that.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I can understand Warriors' fans booing.

1 playoff appearance in the last 18 years and the fans still support the team. i guess they had to take out their frustration on somebody

The boos were a lot louder in the arena last night than compared to the TV. Re-watched the ceremony after getting home and I'm really disgusted in the way people acted there.

Not the best platform to vent your feelings for a disgruntled franchise, but this was a time to celebrate Chris Mullin.

A different way to look at it is that Lacob didn't do him any favors going up last, after Mullin. Have to agree with LazyJ and say that I'm 50/50 on the whole thing.

Lacob will be on KNBR at 10am, so that will be an interesting segment.

The "save the best for last" was hanging the jersey into the rafters- I don't think it was intentional to have the owner get the shine like that.

Good point. Although yeah sitting there at the time it sure looked like they were implying something different
laugh.gif

Red Is On NT:
The boos were a lot louder in the arena last night than compared to the TV. Re-watched the ceremony after getting home and I'm really disgusted in the way people acted there.

Not the best platform to vent your feelings for a disgruntled franchise, but this was a time to celebrate Chris Mullin.

A different way to look at it is that Lacob didn't do him any favors going up last, after Mullin. Have to agree with LazyJ and say that I'm 50/50 on the whole thing.

Lacob will be on KNBR at 10am, so that will be an interesting segment.
I agree w/ you and a few others saying it should have been about Mullin, but that goes both for the fans and the ceremony itself. For example, like someone said, Mullin shouldn't have had to 'fight' through tne boos to give his speech.

But at the same time, like you kind of alluded to, Lacob shouldn't have been last; Mullin should have been.

And that radio segment this morning would definitely be the perfect opportunity for Lacob to get blitzed by the fans.

Back
Top Bottom