Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: 2025 Release Window: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: PC Release Maybe By 2026

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
What made grand theft auto better than its comp was story and the fact each release added something new to the game. The only thing new about this game is 3 characters . GTA had an ever expanding mythology and world story that was one of the things that made it interesting.Its sad they didn't want to continue the series that way .

Whether the story is good or not, or being able to connect with the character(s) is =/= how many characters you play. You can easily have a broken game with one character with a terrible story and terrible gameplay. (There's A LOT of bad games with one playable character.) The GI article also makes it sound like switching between characters during missions is optional.

I was skeptical when it was a rumour and only wanted one character, but reading the GI article actually made it sound good. We're not 2D platforming while continuously going right or fitting shapes together to form lines. The games that are coming out now are like movies. They've definitely caught up with movies in terms of story telling, character development, and innovation.

all these ppl complaining about menial ish will still buy the game..
smokin.gif

all these ppl complaining about menial ish will still buy the game..:smokin

I will, but that doesn't mean that people can't be critical. For all of the great professional reviews GTA IV got, it was widely agreed upon among non-biased gamers that it fell short of the hype created. For everything Rockstar improved upon (physics, graphics) it didn't feel different from any other sandbox game. The fact that Lost and the Damned and Gay Tony exceeded the enjoyability of the OG game says a lot. That should never be the case with an add on.

What made grand theft auto better than its comp was story and the fact each release added something new to the game. The only thing new about this game is 3 characters . GTA had an ever expanding mythology and world story that was one of the things that made it interesting.Its sad they didn't want to continue the series that way .

1. Having 3 characters is biggest change in the series since it went 3d.

2. Ever expanding mythology? Idk about all that. There were recurring characters in The ps2 era games. That was about it. They're doing the same thing with V though. They're will be recurring characters from IV in V. So the so called mythology will still be there. It's just a separate from the ps2 era games.

it was widely agreed upon among non-biased gamers that it fell short of the hype created. For everything Rockstar improved upon (physics, graphics) it didn't feel different from any other sandbox game.

I understand it didnt live up to YOUR hype but no difference but sandbox games? I cant rly think of any sandbox game that looked that good or had that great of a story (albeit not better than San Andreas). Dudes were still locking themselves in their room with this game. Do I even have to mention multiplayer? Bruh IV was still bananas. Im glad they got rid of some of that RPG stuff cuz besides the driving, getting better at shooting and getting fat or skinny was watever. You might think Im biased but I havent heard anybody say they didnt like IV until V was announced.

Where are the pics from Ganton. No Grove or Kilo-trey? I'm very disappointed in that aspect. Game sems to be great, but that's an aspect of LA that is practically synonymous with it. Not constantly pulling heists. Only time will tell...

it was widely agreed upon among non-biased gamers that it fell short of the hype created. For everything Rockstar improved upon (physics, graphics) it didn't feel different from any other sandbox game.

I understand it didnt live up to YOUR hype but no difference but sandbox games? I cant rly think of any sandbox game that looked that good or had that great of a story (albeit not better than San Andreas). Dudes were still locking themselves in their room with this game. Do I even have to mention multiplayer? Bruh IV was still bananas. Im glad they got rid of some of that RPG stuff cuz besides the driving, getting better at shooting and getting fat or skinny was watever. You might think Im biased but I havent heard anybody say they didnt like IV until V was announced.

Multiplayer was garbage. It was unplayable and didn't work when the game first came out. Rockstar didn't get Multiplayer right until Max Payne 3. Anyone from the OG PS3 thread will tell you how bad MP was. Yeah, you are biased because you can go on any gaming forum on the Internet including NT and people will say the same thing; the reception was largely negative in the gaming community. The game was not worthy of the score of it received and it reeked of payola. This game came out when I was finishing my sophomore year so I definitely wasn't locking myself in my room. I finished the game w/in a month and sold it. GTA IV was a lackluster game and wasn't memorable which is why it is rarely mentioned as people's favorite GTA game.

Multiplayer was garbage. It was unplayable and didn't work when the game first came out. Rockstar didn't get Multiplayer right until Max Payne 3. Anyone from the OG PS3 thread will tell you how bad MP was. Yeah, you are biased because you can go on any gaming forum on the Internet including NT and people will say the same thing; the reception was largely negative in the gaming community. The game was not worthy of the score of it received and it reeked of payola. This game came out when I was finishing my sophomore year so I definitely wasn't locking myself in my room. I finished the game w/in a month and sold it. GTA IV was a lackluster game and wasn't memorable which is why it is rarely mentioned as people's favorite GTA game.
everytime i play mp3 online my ish ends up freezing either when im going to respawn or when the game is about to start..also all of  my loadouts reset..some dude mentioned that earlier in the thread but i didnt have that problem at the time, but yeah gta iv online was a disaster, i tried it out and it was the worst thing i had ever experienced, people doing ridiculous glitching.

same with RDR, the games have ill storys but the online could be better, im hoping this game will have so much to offer that i wont have to play online to have fun, these games are great when they come out but after you beat them they become redundant like all other games.

I don't think it was a lack luster game, I just think that the jumps made in game play from San Andreas weren't that significant. with VC -> SA you added more character customization, seriously expanded the world of the game, a better story with character development, etc. From SA -> IV it was really just better graphics and mechanics when people were expecting a lot more and thats were the disappointment came from. But given that, If it wasn't badged as GTA people would probably view it as a better game overall.

I hope we see little Jacob in Los Santos. He was the best character in IV. Maybe he took his gun running money and started a dispensary. :lol:

How long did it take you guys to beat GTA IV? I'm thinking about playing ust to get my mind ready for V.

still havent beaten it. stopped playing video games awhile back but tempted to finish this and get gta5

everytime i play mp3 online my ish ends up freezing either when im going to respawn or when the game is about to start..also all of  my loadouts reset..some dude mentioned that earlier in the thread but i didnt have that problem at the time...

:lol: :lol: :lol: your load outs are resetting now huh? i stopped playing MP3, as a whole, after that. shaking my head at anyone praising R* for MP3's multiplayer. i've had issues freezing, long load time between matches, getting dropped from matches, never respawning after death during a match, new dlc (i think it's SSP or something like that) avatar's gear never saving, and the aforementioned resetting of load outs. by far the worst multiplayer experience i've had with R*.

i've played free mode on gta IV since it dropped, and never had major issues other then in the snap of a finger, everyone on the board would just leave the game. i figured out that i was being dropped from the board by the game. when i joined another match, it threw me right back onto the board that showed everyone left, but they where still on the board, only i left. i hope that's fixed for V.

i also wonder if they will continue the level up system for V. i didn't get into it with IV until just recently. if you haven't figured it out about me, i like customizing my players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom