Official Hatfields and McCoy's thread vol.intense

I checked out the first half hour of the first episode.  I wasn't paying much attention.  I need to check out the reruns.  Was it difficult to keep up with all the family members?  I was reading up on the feud on wikipedia and it seems like a lot of people were involved.

Also, anyone know of any good books related to this fued?

The books reads kinda 'scholarly' but the writer is one of the foremost experts in the Hatfield & McCoy feud so he covers everything from start to finish.

The Hatfields and the McCoys- Otis K Rice

just finished the series...pretty %$!++@! intense. at the end of the day the whole thing was just unnecessary and ridicules

man i wanted to make a thread too.

Just finished Part 3.

Crazy religious zealot McCoy was.

Shows the whole manifest destiny , "God is on our side" mentality of early America.

Crazy how we had a real life Romeo and Juliet American story.

I got hip to the rivalry watching Sons of Guns and a guy brought in a rifle to get appraised that he thought might have been apart of feud.

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Saw the ads for in on the History channel, but I don't get a chance to catch it... hopefully they replay it though.

There are airing it this Saturday at 5 in it's entirety 
Thank you for this info. I need to DVR this series.

Watched the first 20 minutes and thought it was pretty boring ,maybe Ill give it a second chance

They made Mr. McCoy so crazy. I wonder if that's really how he was or not, but that man was seriously out of his mind towards the end.
I guess losing kids and your wife will eventually do that to you though.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

They made Mr. McCoy so crazy. I wonder if that's really how he was or not, but that man was seriously out of his mind towards the end.
I just wrapped up part III last night.

What was interesting to me was how McCoy was VERY religious for the majority of the feud and then lost his faith in God as his family was murdered....on the flip, one of the ending scenes was Hatfield being Baptized.  Super ironic considering how one man was religious and the other was not. 

Anyways...GREAT mini-series and it was well-done by the History Channel.  I hope they do more series of a historical nature like they did for the Hatfields and McCoys. 

*Intense scene w. Hatfield & Johnsie (sp?) when they went to go fishing. 

Excellent mini series.
pimp.gif

I finally had free time yesterday and sat down and watched the entire 6 hours.  What an awesome series History Channel put together.  Like DoubleJ's said, I hope they do more series like this instead of just their usual lineup of reality TV.
The opening segment with of the show with the Civil War was tough to follow because I didn't know the characters, but I went back and re-watched it after I finished the entire show, and it all made sense then with Randall saving Devil's life, and then Devil deserting the troop.

The story with Johnse and Roseanna was so damn sad with him never getting to see her or their baby.  She died thinking he didn't love her after he "married" her cousin.  I won't lie, that scene of him at her grave got me 
frown.gif
  Roseanna's cousin Nancy was sexy though.  Evil, but still sexy 
devil.gif

When Randall's wife Sally got sent to the mental hospital at the end, was it me, or was she speaking perfectly coherently?  It seemed as though she was back in the right state of mind but Randall was such a drunk at that point that he didn't want her anymore, and he was the one that lost his mind.  Am I the only one that took it that way?

Overall a great series that kept me interested from start to finish.  I'll definitely pick up the Blu-Ray once I see a deal on Slickdeals.  It's crazy to think how different things were in the US just over a 100 years ago.  Families killing each other just over a stolen pig.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I finally had free time yesterday and sat down and watched the entire 6 hours.  What an awesome series History Channel put together.  Like DoubleJ's said, I hope they do more series like this instead of just their usual lineup of reality TV.
The opening segment with of the show with the Civil War was tough to follow because I didn't know the characters, but I went back and re-watched it after I finished the entire show, and it all made sense then with Randall saving Devil's life, and then Devil deserting the troop.

The story with Johnse and Roseanna was so damn sad with him never getting to see her or their baby.  She died thinking he didn't love her after he "married" her cousin.  I won't lie, that scene of him at her grave got me 
frown.gif
devil.gif

When Randall's wife Sally got sent to the mental hospital at the end, was it me, or was she speaking perfectly coherently?  It seemed as though she was back in the right state of mind but Randall was such a drunk at that point that he didn't want her anymore, and he was the one that lost his mind.  Am I the only one that took it that way?

Overall a great series that kept me interested from start to finish.  I'll definitely pick up the Blu-Ray once I see a deal on Slickdeals.  It's crazy to think how different things were in the US just over a 100 years ago.  Families killing each other just over a stolen pig.
I still don't understand why Nancy married Johnse and why her brother was so cool with it. The death of their father was the whole reason the feud even started. I know Nancy hated the Hatfields but her brother seemed to worried about getting drunk to actually care about anything.

And I think you're right, nothing seemed wrong with Sally. She lost her boys and her home was burned down. After she recovered from getting hit in the head she seemed to be fine but just depressed

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

frown.gif
devil.gif

I still don't understand why Nancy married Johnse and why her brother was so cool with it. The death of their father was the whole reason the feud even started. I know Nancy hated the Hatfields but her brother seemed to worried about getting drunk to actually care about anything.

And I think you're right, nothing seemed wrong with Sally. She lost her boys and her home was burned down. After she recovered from getting hit in the head she seemed to be fine but just depressed
I was confused with the Nancy/Johnse thing at first but it made more sense at the end when Roseanna asked Nancy why she did it.  Nancy said she was a McCoy and was born to hate the Hatfields.  It was never about loving him.  It was about revenge.  Nancy was using Johnse the whole time (Johnse obviously fell in love easily) and took advantage of him for information to get information about the Hatfields (leading to the death of Jim Vance and others).  When they were together in bed, Nancy asked him if he still thought of Roseanna.  Johnse said yes, and then Nancy said she could wait for to get what she wanted.
I can't speak on her brother.  He just seemed like a drunk screw-up.

Back
Top Bottom