Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

Wow, Sorkin wrapped that up really fast. That had series finale written all over it... If it was, enjoyed it while it was one.

Really did seem like a series finale.. but I really enjoyed it. Hope they make another season, Sorkin's a great writer

Could have done without all of the happy ending storylines if there are more seasons to come, but this series is great. Jeff Daniels is an outstanding actor. Feel he doesn't get the credit he's due.

People complaining bout the Maggie storyline need to chill. I thought it was good and as weird as her character can be, she's great at portraying it.

Last edited:
Daniels tweeted there's be 3rd season and then HBO clarified that they look forward on working out a schedule with Aaron for the 3rd season.

So unless Sorkin goes diva on HBO I expect a 3rd season. I do expect both sides probably have some demands to make the show better and more of a draw given the type of show it is.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/newsroom-renewed-for-final-season-1201053054/

‘Newsroom’ Renewed for Third and Final Season

Almost four months after its season two finale, “Newsroom” has been renewed by HBO for a third and final season.

“’The Newsroom’ is classic Aaron Sorkin – smart, riveting and thought-provoking,” said HBO topper Michael Lombardo. “I’m sure this farewell season will be one to remember.”

HBO brass had been hopeful about the media drama’s return since last summer, though spent months in negotiations with series creator Aaron Sorkin discussing scheduling and his other showbiz commitments. Topliner Jeff Daniels — who won an Emmy in 2013 for his portrayal of Will McAvoy in “Newsroom” — tweeted prematurely in September that the show had been renewed, only to then have to backtrack once HBO established that an official season three order had not been made.

After that, the show had been seemingly hanging in the balance, with many outlets reminding their readers time to time that “Newsroom” had not yet been renewed.

With the season three order now official, Variety has also confirmed that Sorkin has turned in script for Sony’s Steve Jobs biopic, which Sorkin was tapped to pen in spring 2012.

Last edited:
Well that s2 finale had series finale written all over it. S3 may just focus even more now on the characters than the news stories to steer the show to its closure which can be a bad thing if the s2 finale was any indication. Should have just ended it with s2.

:smh: |I >: :frown:

The Newsroom Renewed for Third and Final Season
Former Office star/showrunner Paul Lieberstein joins the HBO series.
by Max Nicholson JANUARY 13, 2014

This just in... HBO announced today that its Emmy-winning drama series The Newsroom will begin production on its third and final season this spring, with a premiere air date scheduled for this fall.

"The Newsroom is classic Aaron Sorkin -- smart, riveting and thought-provoking," said HBO's President of Programming Michael Lombardo. "I'm sure this farewell season will be one to remember."

newsroom10jpg
Jeff Daniels as Will McAvoy

Creator Aaron Sorkin, who served as showrunner for Seasons 1 and 2, will return alongside fellow executive producers Scott Rudin and Aaron Poul for Season 3. The Office's Paul Lieberstein will also be joining the series as an EP.

Returning cast regulars include Jeff Daniels (who won an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for The Newsroom last September), Emily Mortimer, Sam Waterston, John Gallagher Jr., Alison Pill, Thomas Sadoski, Dev Patel and Olivia Munn.

DAM! After that scene where he is smoking a joint on his balcony in NY. I AM STUCK! I would've watched this up to season 6 easy....

Gave this show a chance, finished the 2 seasons in a few days. Definitely enjoyed it and looking forward to the final season.

Show is :pimp:
Can believe they only giving this 3 seasons
Shoulda been season 5 at LEAST
Show waaaaaay better than that cluster **** trueblood and what they got like 6 or 7 seasons :smh:

There's no more story to tell honestly, the season 2 finale could have been the series finale. All that's left is for the marriage.

Season 3 Sunday
pimp.gif
Nope. I checked the program guide and it wasn't there.

Back
Top Bottom