Official HDTV and HD Thread! Vol: 1080p > 720p > 1080i > 480p > 480i

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by SinnerP

broadcast HD looks pretty good... but damn, your Pioneer looks stunning... 1080p? specs pls
Yeah dude it looks amazing, I cant WAIT til the next UCL starts up and I can enjoy it on this beast
smokin.gif

1080p yes

specs are here :
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TZBYHO/?tag=niketalk0e-20
^gimme your sharp 350 pick up Ill bring some thai food too and thai tea on the side think about it

laugh.gif
youre crazy. dude at work yesterday they were selling a 32" Sony Bravia for THREE HUNDRED, store display. you lost my friend
smh.gif

my card didnt come in yet
smh.gif
@ me too I'll ask you moar questions when I get the card til then !

Santi - skintones look a little orangy... assuming your set is calibrated correctly, could it be a transfer issue? didn't see it in the theater sodon't really know if it was intentional...

Cinco - damn 60 inches!? freakin beast!

I was checkin out the Panasonic 1080p plasmas, but wasn't impressed as the Bravias looked way better... I dunno, but plasma's used to be the betterchoice, but it seems that LCD have improved so much over the past year that they seem like the way to go... the Pioneer does seem to be the exception though...

That mHD channel is dope!! I got my HD hooked up like 2 weeks ago and I get that and stay watching those concerts

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

Originally Posted by PearI Jam

Jordanhead.... in the $500-$800 range Vizio is probably your best best...

but would they be 1080p cuz of what i've been reading PS3 looks the best with 1080p
EVERYTHING looks best
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

l_b677b740683edcb850c7d806df1a030c.jpg

65 inch Mitsubishi. Its okay except the fan sometimes says it doesn't work now. Had this thing for 2 years what kind of crap is that. Excuse my set upit's an old pic I just felt like putting in the n64 one day to play Goldeneye.

Originally Posted by Baller23217

Originally Posted by Ballerholic03

You guys really need to do some research... 1080p is better then a 1080i ("p" for progressive scan and "i" for interlaced). If you get a plasma plan on a getting a new one when you get tired of the decreasing picture quality. From wikipedia, "The lifetime of the latest generation of plasma displays is estimated at 60,000 hours of actual display time, or 27 years at 6 hours per day. This is the estimated time over which maximum picture brightness degrades to half the original value, not catastrophic failure." You get the point. LCD 1080p FTW
I'm plannin on upgrading my TV before I notice any decrease in quality...

What's it gonna take? 8 years? Will I even notice if the display is slightly dimmer?
eyes.gif

Yeah it's not a huge problem, but if you are in the process of buying a tv anyway, save yourself the hassle and just get the LCD.

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

so i plan on getting an HDTV for my room mostly for playing and watching blu-ray movies on the PS3 i plan on wasting any where from $500-$800 any advice?

My friend has a 42'' Polaroid LCD 1080i for under $800. But tax and the warranty can stack up

Huge release week for Blu-ray!
I'm probably going to get my PS3 at Wal-Mart this Thursday with the $100 gift card for Blu-ray. I had a PS3 before, but my cousin wrecked it and I sold itto him.
Cloverfield, Patton, Bee Movie, Signs, Coming to America!...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Can't believe all this discussion has been going on for pages and no one has mentioned input lag.

Aren't the majority on here gamers? Not sure. Anyway, Jordon, do NOT go with that Vizio if you're getting your TV for gaming. If you consider yourselfjust a casual gamer, then ignore what I'm going to say. But for me, and many hardcore gamers (especially those who plays FPS), input lag is a HUGE issue.You might not notice it as you probably would have gotten too acclamated with your TV but the moment you go to a friends crib and play games on his CRT,you're gonna think his TV is on super speed.

You said for your PS3 and movies but, would you consider yourself an avid videogame player?

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Can't believe all this discussion has been going on for pages and no one has mentioned input lag.

Aren't the majority on here gamers? Not sure. Anyway, Jordon, do NOT go with that Vizio if you're getting your TV for gaming. If you consider yourself just a casual gamer, then ignore what I'm going to say. But for me, and many hardcore gamers (especially those who plays FPS), input lag is a HUGE issue. You might not notice it as you probably would have gotten too acclamated with your TV but the moment you go to a friends crib and play games on his CRT, you're gonna think his TV is on super speed.

You said for your PS3 and movies but, would you consider yourself an avid videogame player?

It's dependent on the TV and the input being used. My friend has a Vizio, I have a Vizio, and we both play Halo and COD all the time. No lag. I knowSamsung has a pretty bad issue with some sets and input lag. They even have some "Game Mode" feature to combat it...

I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

in regards to lag issues... when you're in the store.. and all the tvs are showing the same thing.. like a dvd or whatever.. you can see what ones lag...sonys are pretty bad i've noticed.

Originally Posted by DRETHEMAN

in regards to lag issues... when you're in the store.. and all the tvs are showing the same thing.. like a dvd or whatever.. you can see what ones lag... sonys are pretty bad i've noticed.

that has nothing to do with input lag.

in response to nnarum, did you test your TV? I guess its not necessary since you don't notice it but I've noticed it on every Vizio I've playedon and rest assured it has input lag. I even ran the tests provided by avsforum.

I guess it depends on who notices it or not. The Sharp's are some of the best TVs for gaming.

P.S. "Game mode" sucks because it turns off alot of the processing effects and in the end, doesnt minimize all the input lag

LOL RCA makes HDTV's damn I never even knew that. What's your pricepoint around 6-700? Best Buy had a 32 720p sharp aquos for like 500 last week soyeah. How big is your room, I was planning on getting a 32 also but I ended up getting a 42 lol. For the type of tv that it is and the features it was prettydamn cheap

Originally Posted by salbah3

LOL RCA makes HDTV's damn I never even knew that. What's your pricepoint around 6-700? Best Buy had a 32 720p sharp aquos for like 500 last week so yeah. How big is your room, I was planning on getting a 32 also but I ended up getting a 42 lol. For the type of tv that it is and the features it was pretty damn cheap

I woulda jumped on that with the quickness... But my price range is $550-$600ish... Im only looking for 32 inch... But i think this RCA wont be beaten forthe feature and price wise...

I have a 26 inch Samsung, I have no complaints with it. Problem is, I am moving, and my new room is HUGE. O I am looking into getting a tv from 40 inches to 50inches. I am not sure which to get, and LCD or a Plasma. Can anyone tell me the best options for what I need/want?

~I am only a casual gamer, do not play all the time. But there are spurts I go on when a new video game comes out, I play it every second I can get. So is Burnin really an issue for plasmas?
~I watch A LOT of tv. My tv is on almost all day. And it gets hot in San Diego during some months, especially the summer. So is there really that much of adifference between Plasmas and LCD's when it comes to giving off heat?
~I watch a lot of sports and a lot of movies. Blu-rays especially.
~As far as lighting is concerned, I heard Plasmas do better in darker environments and LCDs do better in lighter environments. This isn't much of an issue,but was wondering if it was true.
~I do not really have a budget. But I dont want anything over 2,500. Plus My friend is letting me use his Best Buy discount for a tv since he stole one fromthem already
laugh.gif

I heard the Samsung LN46A650 is a good tv. Any other suggestions would be real helpful. Oh and I heard hdtv were going down in price this summer, any truth tothat?

Input lag is not a big deal for most average console gamers. Hardcore pc gamers though (especially going from CRT to LCD) will notice a difference. That'swhy you should always buy from a place with a generous return policy, like BB. If you like it and find it cheaper, return the tv and buy it somewhere else.

SCOfoshO: Plasma burn in (on new plasma tv's) is not really an issue, but Plasmas do give off more heat than an lcd of similar size. If you are going to beusing the tv alot during the day, get an LCD. If you want a plasma, get a Panasonic. Samsung makes great LCDs, as does Sony but they are a little overpriced.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Huge release week for Blu-ray!
I'm probably going to get my PS3 at Wal-Mart this Thursday with the $100 gift card for Blu-ray. I had a PS3 before, but my cousin wrecked it and I sold it to him.
Cloverfield, Patton, Bee Movie, Signs, Coming to America!...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Just a reminder...

Back
Top Bottom