Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

with doc retiring, kg, ray gone its gonna be hard to get people to go play for boston.. your guys big 4 drew players to go there to have a chance to get a chip.. i really do wish we could have played you guys in your prime..

with doc retiring, kg, ray gone its gonna be hard to get people to go play for boston.. your guys big 4 drew players to go there to have a chance to get a chip.. i really do wish we could have played you guys in your prime..

I don't know that it would be hard to draw players to play for the C's. The need to clear cap space to sign guys is key. Pierce and Rondo will still be C's.

I found this quote on the Globe, excellent comment:

Although very talented, intense, and a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer, KG was, is, and always will be a 6' 11" clown on the court most nights. Last year he torched Gasol on the blocks in Game 2 of The Finals, yet moved out to 19' the rest of the series. In Game 3 of this series he used, abused, and confused Bosh on the blocks, but last night was tentative, passed too much,(Mostly bad ones) and was as meek as a lamb. What goes through this guy's head after he has a great game on the blocks? Does he think he'll "Confuse" the same defender the next night by moving his act 15' farther away from the hoop?
And why doesn't Doc pull him aside early in the games, and order him down low? That has been a consistent theme in the 4 years for both of them. Miami's own coach said they got outplayed last night, but lucky for the Heat, they had two extra starters in Rivers and Garnett on their side so they could play 7-5.
Two clowns.

I don't know that it would be hard to draw players to play for the C's. The need to clear cap space to sign guys is key. Pierce and Rondo will still be C's.

I found this quote on the Globe, excellent comment:

Although very talented, intense, and a sure-fire first ballot Hall of Famer, KG was, is, and always will be a 6' 11" clown on the court most nights. Last year he torched Gasol on the blocks in Game 2 of The Finals, yet moved out to 19' the rest of the series. In Game 3 of this series he used, abused, and confused Bosh on the blocks, but last night was tentative, passed too much,(Mostly bad ones) and was as meek as a lamb. What goes through this guy's head after he has a great game on the blocks? Does he think he'll "Confuse" the same defender the next night by moving his act 15' farther away from the hoop?
And why doesn't Doc pull him aside early in the games, and order him down low? That has been a consistent theme in the 4 years for both of them. Miami's own coach said they got outplayed last night, but lucky for the Heat, they had two extra starters in Rivers and Garnett on their side so they could play 7-5.
Two clowns.

Originally Posted by Philthy

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

7303669f6a5080cac5de8df70fa95dae0c0dc44a_r.jpg

laugh.gif
I saw this too. I think it was after the charge by Pierce in the OT.

Anyway, HUGE win for the Heat to break the 11 game losing streak in Boston. When this team turns up the defensive intensity, it is simply unbeatable by any current team in the league.

They need to finish them in game 5 though, because if they don't, this will almost certainly go to 7 games. And you never know what's going to happen in a game 7.
This was after Wade got fouled in overtime. The free throws made it a two possession game... i think thats what it was.

Best game of the series. All of the big 3 with clutch plays.

yo philthy you from the erol alkan forum?

7303669f6a5080cac5de8df70fa95dae0c0dc44a_r.jpg

laugh.gif
I saw this too. I think it was after the charge by Pierce in the OT.

Anyway, HUGE win for the Heat to break the 11 game losing streak in Boston. When this team turns up the defensive intensity, it is simply unbeatable by any current team in the league.

They need to finish them in game 5 though, because if they don't, this will almost certainly go to 7 games. And you never know what's going to happen in a game 7.
This was after Wade got fouled in overtime. The free throws made it a two possession game... i think thats what it was.

Best game of the series. All of the big 3 with clutch plays.

yo philthy you from the erol alkan forum?

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Kobe and the LakeShow are my boys too though. %+*% is still hilarious
Heatles getting this next W and we're on our way, one step closer to a ring! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 LEGGO!

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Kobe and the LakeShow are my boys too though. %+*% is still hilarious
Heatles getting this next W and we're on our way, one step closer to a ring! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 LEGGO!

last nights game was probably one of the best playoff games of 11' so much heart put on that court...im a heat fan but word to good ol ray allen jammin it in very rare site to see

last nights game was probably one of the best playoff games of 11' so much heart put on that court...im a heat fan but word to good ol ray allen jammin it in very rare site to see

Originally Posted by Al3xis

people still don't realize you can pivot after completing a jump-stop?
When a dribbling player initiates a jump, ends his dribble with both feet off the floor and lands simultaneously on two feet (jump stop), he is permitted to establish a pivot foot. When there is doubt as to how many feet were off the floor when the dribble ended, the official shall assume that the dribble ended with both feet off the floor (which is most often the case); consequently, the player, after executing the jump stop, is allowed to establish a pivot foot. When the official does not allow the player to pivot after a jump stop, he shall be absolutely sure that player ended his dribble with only one foot off the floor.
not a travel.

i'm a lebron fan, but i don't think he landed on two feet simultaneously...his right foot lands first, followed by his left foot.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

people still don't realize you can pivot after completing a jump-stop?
When a dribbling player initiates a jump, ends his dribble with both feet off the floor and lands simultaneously on two feet (jump stop), he is permitted to establish a pivot foot. When there is doubt as to how many feet were off the floor when the dribble ended, the official shall assume that the dribble ended with both feet off the floor (which is most often the case); consequently, the player, after executing the jump stop, is allowed to establish a pivot foot. When the official does not allow the player to pivot after a jump stop, he shall be absolutely sure that player ended his dribble with only one foot off the floor.
not a travel.

i'm a lebron fan, but i don't think he landed on two feet simultaneously...his right foot lands first, followed by his left foot.

I know it's not exactly young, but since when is the age of 32 considered straight up old?

It's not. It's just that basketball is a game that generally best played by guys in their 20's to early 30's. 32 is starting to push it, especially for a SG.

I know it's not exactly young, but since when is the age of 32 considered straight up old?

It's not. It's just that basketball is a game that generally best played by guys in their 20's to early 30's. 32 is starting to push it, especially for a SG.

Is it me or Lebron doesn't dunk like he use to dunk anymore ?

And 32 is not old for NBA player . Remember they're NBA athletes. Player that age just play smarter and preserve energy down the stretch. 35+ now that's old and pushing. But Grant Hill have probably found the fountain of youth somewhere down in Arizona
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom