Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

OneTrust:
knightngale:
Lebron was TOYING with the celtics last year. The cavs were clearly better than the celtics but lebron quit. Did you guys forget that? He quit when his team was dominating.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This dude's obsession with discrediting Bron is straight up comedy
Completely agree with you, OneTrust.

I hope you've also see dudes equally dedicated to discrediting Kobe, though.

Like I said in a thread earlier today, I find both sides equally annoying.

word. 
I lurk this forum frequently but don't post much, and I had a serious question to all those people who spend all day and night trying to discredit either kobe or lebron:

What do you get out of it at the end of the day? Is it the satisfaction that you proved to someone on the internet that a player they enjoy watching is over-rated? 

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg
He got that tattoo long after the nickname had been thrown around.  And the King James nickname came from Nike.

This guy can't win, people will vilify him for doing $#!% he didn't even do.  People are angry at his nicknames yet Shaq is celebrated for coming up with a new nickname for himself every damn year.  Kobe invented Black Mamba, no one called him that lame !!$ nickname before his swagless self invented it.

Aside from the Decision, the guy has done nothing wrong yet the whole world roots against him.  I'll never understand the double standard we hold athletes too, expecting them to be standards for some ambious morality that we ourselves don't even come close to reaching.
Tattoo was there in Summer 04. He drafted in 03. Your "The whole world root against Lebron..." is a reach. Maybe majority of Lakers fans and some bitter Cavs, Knicks fans root against him but to say the whole basketball world is a reach. There is really no double standards. Lebron chose to become the bad guy when he moved to Miami. Before that he wasn't hated as much. And Kobe didn't really invent the Black mamba nicknames. It was Nike marketing that did. And Kobe earn his nick name unlike Lebron.
Actually, Kobe stole it and talked about how it was even from Kill Bill.  And dude was mercilessly boo'd in every arena this year, the whole world was rooting against him in a sense.  And 'Bron's nickname makes sense, dude was chosen to be great since he was 17 and lived up to the billing, ROY, All NBA-Team's, MVP's and soon Rings.  So what more do you want from him?

'Bron is hated for joining Talent (Wade).  Kobe was hated for forcing talent out (Shaq).  Sports fans get angry at both these guys, like pick one either you have no talent or you have it, dudes are delirous.  Then KG, Pierce and Jesus join up and no one ever speaks an ill word on them for doing that.

Jerry West didn't win a ring till Wilt came.  Oscar didn't win a ring until Kareem came.  Those guys are LEGENDS but even they needed talent around them to win.  No one wins themselves and to insist that they do would be foolish.  It's why rings our overrated, its a team award not an individual measurement.  Your boy Kobe who you slob was lucky enough to come into his career playing next to the Most Dominant Ever and having the best coach ever.  Regardless, Kobe still found a way to $%!$ that all up.  Guys make mistakes but it has nothing to do with who they are as a player.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

yes he did
lebron-james-tattoo-001-back-chosen-one-small.jpg
He got that tattoo long after the nickname had been thrown around.  And the King James nickname came from Nike.

This guy can't win, people will vilify him for doing $#!% he didn't even do.  People are angry at his nicknames yet Shaq is celebrated for coming up with a new nickname for himself every damn year.  Kobe invented Black Mamba, no one called him that lame !!$ nickname before his swagless self invented it.

Aside from the Decision, the guy has done nothing wrong yet the whole world roots against him.  I'll never understand the double standard we hold athletes too, expecting them to be standards for some ambious morality that we ourselves don't even come close to reaching.
Tattoo was there in Summer 04. He drafted in 03. Your "The whole world root against Lebron..." is a reach. Maybe majority of Lakers fans and some bitter Cavs, Knicks fans root against him but to say the whole basketball world is a reach. There is really no double standards. Lebron chose to become the bad guy when he moved to Miami. Before that he wasn't hated as much. And Kobe didn't really invent the Black mamba nicknames. It was Nike marketing that did. And Kobe earn his nick name unlike Lebron.
Actually, Kobe stole it and talked about how it was even from Kill Bill.  And dude was mercilessly boo'd in every arena this year, the whole world was rooting against him in a sense.  And 'Bron's nickname makes sense, dude was chosen to be great since he was 17 and lived up to the billing, ROY, All NBA-Team's, MVP's and soon Rings.  So what more do you want from him?

'Bron is hated for joining Talent (Wade).  Kobe was hated for forcing talent out (Shaq).  Sports fans get angry at both these guys, like pick one either you have no talent or you have it, dudes are delirous.  Then KG, Pierce and Jesus join up and no one ever speaks an ill word on them for doing that.

Jerry West didn't win a ring till Wilt came.  Oscar didn't win a ring until Kareem came.  Those guys are LEGENDS but even they needed talent around them to win.  No one wins themselves and to insist that they do would be foolish.  It's why rings our overrated, its a team award not an individual measurement.  Your boy Kobe who you slob was lucky enough to come into his career playing next to the Most Dominant Ever and having the best coach ever.  Regardless, Kobe still found a way to $%!$ that all up.  Guys make mistakes but it has nothing to do with who they are as a player.

Then KG, Pierce and Jesus join up and no one ever speaks an ill word on them for doing that.

Not like they were in their 20s and PRIME getting together dude, and its not like they planned the !%%$ in the off-season those were just good management moves.

Then KG, Pierce and Jesus join up and no one ever speaks an ill word on them for doing that.

Not like they were in their 20s and PRIME getting together dude, and its not like they planned the !%%$ in the off-season those were just good management moves.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wubbofett

the fact they joined together to beat the celtics. talk about heart and determination.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and will to win. and 2 superstars to do that? come on son?! whats not to love?
I know you are being sarcastic, but why is LeBron getting hate for realizing he needs more help, than just himself, to win a championship? Nobody did it alone man. If anything, it takes a lot for a man to look at a situation and say, "I can't do this alone. I need help." I respect that decision. I really do.

Hell, KG even said, he should have done it sooner instead of wasting those years in Minnesota losing while being the man.

It takes a lot for a man to admit he can't do it alone. Again, I don't see why he is getting so much ridicule for it.
i was a lebron fan. didnt you watch those games versus orlando in 2009 and 2010 versus the celtics? they have a shot to win those. and about that kg comment?thats why i dont like that celtics team. maybe the nba should not need 30 teams but 4 teams. d.rose durant kobe amare d12 bench; nowitzki rudy gay ginobili randolph _______(allstar names) would be beast in one team.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he cant do it alone coz he doesnt have the WILL to do it. "King"? "Chosen 1"?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
maybe chosen 2 and a half
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by wubbofett

the fact they joined together to beat the celtics. talk about heart and determination.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
and will to win. and 2 superstars to do that? come on son?! whats not to love?
I know you are being sarcastic, but why is LeBron getting hate for realizing he needs more help, than just himself, to win a championship? Nobody did it alone man. If anything, it takes a lot for a man to look at a situation and say, "I can't do this alone. I need help." I respect that decision. I really do.

Hell, KG even said, he should have done it sooner instead of wasting those years in Minnesota losing while being the man.

It takes a lot for a man to admit he can't do it alone. Again, I don't see why he is getting so much ridicule for it.
i was a lebron fan. didnt you watch those games versus orlando in 2009 and 2010 versus the celtics? they have a shot to win those. and about that kg comment?thats why i dont like that celtics team. maybe the nba should not need 30 teams but 4 teams. d.rose durant kobe amare d12 bench; nowitzki rudy gay ginobili randolph _______(allstar names) would be beast in one team.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

he cant do it alone coz he doesnt have the WILL to do it. "King"? "Chosen 1"?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
maybe chosen 2 and a half
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

SO what...when your young thats when your supposed to plan it. Remember what KG said, he said if he could do it over again, he would have left earlier.
Lebron doesnt want to be a karl molone chasing a ring when his old and done. that just makes no sense at all.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

SO what...when your young thats when your supposed to plan it. Remember what KG said, he said if he could do it over again, he would have left earlier.
Lebron doesnt want to be a karl molone chasing a ring when his old and done. that just makes no sense at all.

really, though..after the way he polished off the Celtic's (something people have been waiting to see for a long time) this is where the conversation turns. just more doubt/nitpicking. Getting a chance to watch a once in a generation talent and got the type of performance everyone wants to see to go with it-- It's too much to just sit back and enjoy it?

really, though..after the way he polished off the Celtic's (something people have been waiting to see for a long time) this is where the conversation turns. just more doubt/nitpicking. Getting a chance to watch a once in a generation talent and got the type of performance everyone wants to see to go with it-- It's too much to just sit back and enjoy it?

what a bunch whiny losers and d!ck **&^%! acting like they one the championship or something. get up your feet boys
laugh.gif

what a bunch whiny losers and d!ck **&^%! acting like they one the championship or something. get up your feet boys
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Crook

OneTrust:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

word. 
I lurk this forum frequently but don't post much, and I had a serious question to all those people who spend all day and night trying to discredit either kobe or lebron:

What do you get out of it at the end of the day? Is it the satisfaction that you proved to someone on the internet that a player they enjoy watching is over-rated? 

I could never figure this out. The funny !!$+ is dudes on completely opposite ends like knightngale and LuketheLebronKnight come up with the same tired !!$+ thread after thread and end up getting lumped together in the extremist category.
laugh.gif
You can't tell them nothin' though...

54316468b60cf5515741e2306405ca9716ff3380_r.png

Originally Posted by Crook

OneTrust:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

word. 

I could never figure this out. The funny !!$+ is dudes on completely opposite ends like knightngale and LuketheLebronKnight come up with the same tired !!$+ thread after thread and end up getting lumped together in the extremist category.
laugh.gif
You can't tell them nothin' though...

54316468b60cf5515741e2306405ca9716ff3380_r.png

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.
100% agree with everything you said. Keep hating, Kobe fans.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.
100% agree with everything you said. Keep hating, Kobe fans.

Back
Top Bottom