OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Getting it Kraken on offense tonight

ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif

y'all smoked the Habs :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

most of the rules pretty straightforward once explained so feel free to ask away
Yeah icing was one I had no idea what it meant but when I actually read the rule it made basic sense :lol:

Offsides I got but got kinda lost on the delayed offsides, intentional offsides

Cross-Checking? I know it has to deal with how the stick is used but I everything looks like a stick is involved :lol:

Boarding. I can't tell what's ok or not when someone gets rushed into the boards

Feel like icing gets called most commonly in games

yeah you pretty much got the basics down then.

so for normal offside, the whistle is blown when team entering the offensive zone is offside AND has puck possession. but you can have situations where they're offsides but don't have the puck yet, so that's a delayed offside, so they can go "tag up" at the blue line and then go back in to continue play. and then sometimes players clearly know theyre offside and still touch the puck which they'll call intentional offsides. it's a sneaky way to get a whistle if a team is having trouble changing lines or even to break up a rush the other way in some instances. basically delaying the game intentionally for whatever reason. the "punishment" for that is the faceoff gets moved all the way back down in the defensive end.

cross check is two hands on the stick and you push/shove someone using the stick (v your shoulder or arms or hip, which are legal boy checks). usually players cross check someone in the back or sometimes up high around the neck and head, which is when it'll usually get called

boarding is basically when you crush a player that's defenseless into the boards. lot of times it's from behind so gets pretty dangerous with their face/head smashing the boards or glass

yeah you pretty much got the basics down then.

so for normal offside, the whistle is blown when team entering the offensive zone is offside AND has puck possession. but you can have situations where they're offsides but don't have the puck yet, so that's a delayed offside, so they can go "tag up" at the blue line and then go back in to continue play. and then sometimes players clearly know theyre offside and still touch the puck which they'll call intentional offsides. it's a sneaky way to get a whistle if a team is having trouble changing lines or even to break up a rush the other way in some instances. basically delaying the game intentionally for whatever reason. the "punishment" for that is the faceoff gets moved all the way back down in the defensive end.

cross check is two hands on the stick and you push/shove someone using the stick (v your shoulder or arms or hip, which are legal boy checks). usually players cross check someone in the back or sometimes up high around the neck and head, which is when it'll usually get called

boarding is basically when you crush a player that's defenseless into the boards. lot of times it's from behind so gets pretty dangerous with their face/head smashing the boards or glass

Bet. :pimp:

I'll have to get used to formations a little more too but I feel like following how teams attack on offense

Another thing is I when I used to feel a little disoriented following the puck the every couple games I would watch every few years :lol: but I'm starting to follow the player movement more than the puck itself now

Yeah icing was one I had no idea what it meant but when I actually read the rule it made basic sense :lol:

Offsides I got but got kinda lost on the delayed offsides, intentional offsides

Cross-Checking? I know it has to deal with how the stick is used but I everything looks like a stick is involved :lol:

Boarding. I can't tell what's ok or not when someone gets rushed into the boards

Feel like icing gets called most commonly in games
I been watching the sport since Sean avery’s first stint with the rangers and I still don’t know all the rules 100% to be real :lol: I just know I love it and I love my rangers

Just read the details on the whole Kyle Beach situation. No way we’re not fighting in there.

Best start in franchise history overlooked because Q should be fired. Can't believe he was even on the bench tonight

He’s as good as gone. If he won’t resign, I don’t see how the Panthers keep him around. Sucks that our players have been put in this position. All we can hope is that the players rally behind whoever steps in and maintain this level of play.

Back
Top Bottom