OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

i honestly don't think we need to move guys. the offensive touch that we're missing is there, we're just not finding it. we're creating PLENTY of chances and hitting PLENTY of posts...we're just in one of those funks. the puck isn't bouncing. i would be very against trading anyone from the top "two and half" lines (krejci, horton, lucic, bergeron, marchand, seguin (obviously would not be traded), peverley, or kelly). defensively, i think boychuk is the guy to move. i would not mind one bit. and the goalies...would anyone be willing to take thomas' contract? if so, now is the time to move him. not saying we should or shouldn't...but his value is as high as it's going to be right now.

Evander Kane rumours are false, both he and his agent deny asking for a trade and he has said he's happy in Winnipeg and plans to be here for a long time.

And I'm sure he's enjoying the spotlight, apparently he's becoming very well known around several downtown restaurants and clubs. I heard from someone who was there, that at the meet and greet for players and management the day before the season opener every player was allowed to bring a guest and he showed up with about 9 girls
laugh.gif

And the Jets lost 1-0 in Tampa last night. I could see this coming after the Philly game, it was a tight defensive contest but I was hoping that the game after we scored 9 goals that we at least get 1 the next game

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm hearing Evander Kane wants out in Winnipeg....

He'd get a hero's welcome in Boston....just sayin'
nerd.gif
Kane is gritty (and admittedly, has some upside), but he doesn't have the offensive touch the Bruins desperately need right now.
Originally Posted by Solemate96

Trade plexiglass Peverly, a young prospect (Caron/ Bartowski) and a pick?
Peverley got an extension at the start of the year, I doubt the Bruins would be able to move him.
You put Kane with a LEGIT center, and he'll be good for 30+ goals....no joke.  He needs to get out of Winnipeg....and Winnipeg should consider moving him because they'd get a nice return. 

^ Why would we consider moving him? Like I said, he shot down the trade rumours personally so unless there's something going on behind the scenes then there's no problem.

And the organization isn't giving up on him anytime soon. He's 20 years old and has a great future ahead of him so unless we get something ridiculous in return he's not going anywhere. He had a slow start but has really stepped up the past couple games. His line with Burmistrov and Antropov has been our best line recently. Burmistrov is only 19 so those 2 guys are going to grow together and hopefully play together for many years.

I agree with DJ's in that Kane would put up monster numbers if he was playing with a legit centre. Not sure the Jets should give up on him so soon though, first try and bring guys in to help Kane and if that doesn't work then explore other options.

Was at the Leafs game last night and FINALLY Goose is playing to his capabilities, this is such a fun team to watch with Kess on fire and Connolly getting him the puck.
pimp.gif
Hopefully we can keep this going and not go on a down slide like the last few years, strong starts in this league are almost as important as finishing strong.

[h2]Video: Fight night for Ducks, Blue Jackets; Brookbank, Dorsett twice[/h2]
By Greg Wyshynski

With the fate of their coach and general manager potentially hanging in the balance, the Columbus Blue Jackets were fighting with their backs against the wall on Sunday night against the Anaheim Ducks.

So after Bobby Ryan answered Rick Nash's goal to tie the game in the first period, feisty Derek Dorsett got his team and the crowd going with this spirited bout against Sheldon Brookbank.

Fight vids in link...not being shown out of respect for OKB and his peaceful ways. Have a wonderful night, fellas.

Kane isnt ready yet... the hype train needs to chill

him and Burmistrov and Antropov will be dirty in 2 years... they shoulda kept Bergfors as well tho

and the Bruins need Marc Savard
nerd.gif
... lol or Kessel would be nice eh?

I wouldn't be opposed to Kane being traded, so long as we got another blue chip prospect and a pick or two.  Rumor has it that he's a big diva and isn't too well liked in the locker room.  I wouldn't doubt it.  Dude showed up at a restaurant before the season started, and told the staff that in exchange for free food, booze, and $5000, he would eat there after every home game.  The staff scoffed at the offer.  Guy needs to score 20 goals in a season first before he goes off making those types of demands IMO.

bruins should shake things up and trade seguin, dougie hamilton and jared knight for phil kessel

oh wait...

anyways, the kids done did it again. coulda been 6-2 but halak made some great saves

kings shopping penner already

dude in this thread who said he'll score 30 goals this season is a ******
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Physicx

kings shopping penner already

dude in this thread who said he'll score 30 goals this season is a ******
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was such a far fetched prediction. �

If it wasn't a fact that Penner has once scored 30 goals in a season, I would never believe it. �

Hockey Buzz's Matthew Barry as off beat as he is sometimes, he actually made me laugh with this one..�

Does anyone remember the 2003 film “The Cooler

laugh.gif
saw the Torres pic....

Didn't think much of it. No different than Dwayne Wade dressing up as Justin Timberlake. If he went dressed as a random black person, then ya....criticize all you want.

Besides, he's Mexican....he'd probably think twice about going to a party in a racist costume...also, one of his teammates is part black (Paul Bisonnette).

Yeah because man Dwayne Wades costume really takes me back to a period in time where black people had no rights and white people painted there face to subjugate them further. Dwayne Wades costumes is not the same, the movie white chicks is not the same, I don't think Raffi Torres is racist, it's just ignorant and the costume is not funny.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Yeah because man Dwayne Wades costume really takes me back to a period in time where black people had no rights and white people painted there face to subjugate them further. Dwayne Wades costumes is not the same, the movie white chicks is not the same, I don't think Raffi Torres is racist, it's just ignorant and the costume is not funny.
I understand the historical context of why blackface is bad....however, I'll give Torres the benefit of the doubt and say that there was zero malicious intent behind his costume other than dressing up as Jay-Z.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It's a celeb being copied.  Folks gotta stop being so sensitive. 

Can't have fights in hockey. Can't dress up like jay z. You been a Debbie downer recently.

Rangers offense woke up the last few games.

we're gonna get booed something awful come thursday French
laugh.gif

i liked penner....thought he was a lazy slob who didnt use his size half the time, but liked him. that being said, YOU keep him
laugh.gif

also, prolly last time ill see this when i go to nhl.com the whole season, so why not?

Spoiler [+]
oz7n8.png

laugh.gif

Rangers get their first home W, let's keep this going with the next 3 at MSG.

By the way, no way to garner enough interest for individual team threads?

^doubt it. the only teams that would have ANY traffic whatsoever would be NYR, NJD, Boston, Philly, Toronto and Vancouver. Maybe the California teams as well

5 posters in each thread MAX
laugh.gif

we could have an Alberta thread that would be just me and Sosly bickering back and forth with sporadic apperances by TPOB
laugh.gif

I like it all in here honestly..

Hawks are on a tear, good to see after how +#$%#@ we started last year. That cup hangover sucks.

Back
Top Bottom