OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by Physicx
You guys are playing well, that game is gonna be fun to watch.  Ryan Smyth is Public enemy #1 down here. 
Too bad I won't be able to make it to the game.   

The individual team threads will not survive at all.   The only way it 'might' work is having a combination thread, i.e.of all the Canadian teams, Atlantic Division and/or Pacific division etc..

With that said, I like this thread as it is. 

Agreed, this thread is good and individual team threads wouldn't work but an all-Canadian thread would be interesting

Jets win 4-3 in OT in Florida last night and unless several thousand people dressed up as empty seats for Halloween there was nobody there, half the lower bowl was empty.

And last night is a prime example why we aren't going to trade Evander Kane unless something goes drastically wrong. He sniped an early goal and batted another out of mid air to tie the game with 50 seconds left, when he gets a head of steam going up ice he's very difficult to stop. Not only is he fast but he's not easy to knock off the puck, it looks like he's figuring it out. Now I'm not saying he's going to dominate the league but he's getting better and Claude Noel spoke very highly of him after the game and was double shifting him in the 3rd period.

We've looked good on this road trip, 2-1 so far and even the game we lost (1-0 in Tampa) we looked good, I think now we can begin to string together some wins

Originally Posted by Physicx

we're gonna get booed something awful come thursday French
laugh.gif

i liked penner....thought he was a lazy slob who didnt use his size half the time, but liked him. that being said, YOU keep him
laugh.gif

also, prolly last time ill see this when i go to nhl.com the whole season, so why not?

Spoiler [+]
oz7n8.png

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif
laugh.gif

I've had three different friends on Facebook post this as a picture and tag me in it. 
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Oilers have been playing some great hockey. Interesting to see how these kids play in the slower months.

Canucks/Flames tonight. Hopefully can get some decent tickets.

What a !$@@+#% game from the Caps!!!

Down 0-3 vs. the Ducks...they come back to win 5-4 in OT.

SLOPPY effort...but I'll take it.

Backstrom looks like his old self...

Hiller with the worst game I've ever seen him play. Nice no call right before the goal too. Obvious interference by Backstrom on Cogs.

Individual team threads are a nice idea.. but I like this thread bc it just keeps me up to date on the NHL.. which often doesn't get much attention. Come to think of it, I need to put something Rangers related in my sig. Lol

As far as the Ovechkin "benching," it's a non-issue. Boudreau is holding EVERYONE accountable this year and I love it. Remember, Johansson was a healthy scratch and Vokun didn't get the start in the opener. Anyways, as far as the "benching," Ovechkin just wasn't out when the goalie was pulled in regulation, but he came back and got the primary assist on the game winner. Message sent. So he missed a grand total of one shift, aka :45 seconds of ice time.  There really isn't much going on in the sports world on this Wednesday, so I'm sure this will be overblown.

*edit*

I'm not sure if the video highlights are working on the NHL.com embed that I have in the post below....but here's a low-def vid if the other one isn't playing:

laugh.gif
@ siting hockeybuzz...

anyway Marty back between the pipes tonight
pimp.gif

hope hes healthy, and that any goals he gives up come only to Phil Kessel
laugh.gif

A good win last night against The Senators. Once again, they gave up the first goal and I thought here we go again.

Good to see most of the lines contribute. I think the Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin line should be the first line. That feed from Seguin was very nice. I haven't seen much production from the first line even though Lucic got a PP goal.

Defensemen played a solid game. I haven't seen much from Corvo but he is probably one step up from Kaberle. Johnny with the Johnny Rocket!

All in all, good win but they still have to stop giving up the first goal in the game.
Just saw a highlight of Lidstrom's goal last night. Guy is just amazing. 

Back
Top Bottom