OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

^He'll be the only reason they win but a contributor to why they lose as well.

Regardless, that orpik deal is nearly as bad a
Clarksons or Bollands. Or is that bad.. Nisky's contract is what everyone expected it to be.... An overpayment. He cashed in.

Last edited:
Mitchell got 2 years, 4.25 per it looks like.

Would've like Mitch for a stop gap on the blue line. But not for that money.

What are the Caps doing ?

daleHunterBAD.gif

67+ million tied into Orpik and Niskanen.

Will the defense be better with the addition of these two? Yes.

Am I happy with the years/AAV? HELL NO! Niskanen is one thing...but Orpik is on the books at 5.25 until he's 38!! :lol:

Gorges was had for a 2nd rounder...Stralman was signed for MUCH cheaper. It goes on and on. This team is spending money foolishly like it was burning a hole in their pocket. One thing is for sure...as misguided as these signings may be, this team is going all in on trying to "win" a cup. They know the windows of guys like Ovechkin/Backstrom are closing, so time is not really on their side. Let's see if Trotz can work his genius with the defensemen who are currently on the roster...

Oh...still no plan for acquiring a 2C. Unless one is acquired for Mike Green. I'd have to think that there is ZERO chance he's on the opening night roster for the Caps.

If Green is still here:

Carlson – Green
Alzner – Niskanen
Orpik – Orlov

Not bad...but the money, man. :smh:

Last edited:
brad as a bit player, will probably be just fine. Brad as a highly paid centerpiece ( and point man on a pp LMAO) ain't working

Anthony Duclair's 50 goal season

Another yr or two, he'll be ready

Last edited:
lot of action today that i missed out on thanks to USA/BEL

so much for a cup for Iggy...going to a solid team in a LOADED division.

caps loading up on the back end...lot of money but if it's the fix, whatever. i don't think it's fix FWIW, but the hell do i know :lol:

candy *** miller to VAN? very fitting. perfect fit :lol:

no real moves by Boston? sounds about right :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
brad as a bit player, will probably be just fine. Brad as a highly paid centerpiece ( and point man on a pp LMAO) ain't working

Anthony Duclair's 50 goal season

Another yr or two, he'll be ready

Once Duclair bulks up and gets around 195-200, he's gonna be ready to go. Should be a perennial 25 goal scorer once he gets to the L. Rangers have a good one w/ this kid.

Lol @ 5.25 to a third pair d man Double J

Writing is on the wall... Greens out i would have to assume

Who will want a glass man past his prime. Psuedo worked out for Markov and the Habs although Markov is a better player theyre close enough someone should gamble

Last edited:
Lol @ 5.25 to a third pair d man Double J

Writing is on the wall... Greens out i would have to assume

Who will want a glass man past his prime. Psuedo worked out for Markov and the Habs although Markov is a better player theyre close enough someone should gamble

In looking at the top-6 right now, they are 10x better than what they had last year. I'm not mad at the acquisitions...but rather the contracts given. Niskanen COULD turn out to be a good deal in the long run if he's really made a leap in his development. Orpik would have been fine at 5.25 over 3 years....but 5, till he's 38?? :lol: It's absolutely laughable.

Yeah the Orpik deal is the real head scratcher

Fine with what the Pens are doing except for D. Still concerned about that side of the puck

so Giroux was out there getting drunk and touching cops butts on Canada Day ehh 

dude had to be out of it

so Giroux was out there getting drunk and touching cops butts on Canada Day ehh 

dude had to be out of it

Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

Link

Um....what??

Man I enjoy having drinks but some of the shenanigans....just never seem to find myself doing these things that these other guys are :lol:

Does anyone know what Sid does in his spare time? Never hear or see him out, partying, with groupies, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom