OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I suppose watching the Canucks as a lifelong fan would drive a man to drink to blackout status.

Until you fade into Bolivia.

I'll never cheer for Boston as hard as I'm going to for game 7 :lol:

CBC and TSN have been bad enough the last 2 weeks :smh: I can't imagine how bad it'll be if the Leafs come back to win the series, not to mention another 2 weeks of their games

B's gonna have Reimer more shook than Theon Greyjoy at the Garden.

Early goal or two and he'll turn into MAF.

LETS. GO. WINGS. Call me crazy but I wanted the Blackhawks. This team was barely supposed to make the playoffs let alone beat the #2 seed. We've got all these young guys in their first playoffs, lets throw them in the fire against the stanley cup favorites. We played Chicago tight all season so I am ready to see this matchup. With Datsyuk, Zetteberg, Howard, and Joe Louis Arena, the Red Wings have a puncher's chance against anyone. Jimmy Howard is the MVP of the series no doubt. LETS GO WINGS.

Welp. That really hurts my soul, but congrats to the Wings especially Zetts and Dats. The SOLE reason they won this series is Zetterberg and Datsyuk completely outplayed Getzlaf and Perry. You just can't win Playoff series when your best line consists of 2 rookies and Dave Steckel.

Biggest winners tonight are the Hawks. They just got themselves a 2nd round bye.

Can't wait til the day Selanne retires and then for the season to start.

Oh and BTW Jimmy Howard is a disgrace to America, the NHL, and goalies everywhere. Never seen a goalie flop so much at the slightest breeze.

French and Frink: Sorry we let down on our side. A Ducks-Kings series would have truly been great to watch. That said Go Sharks. :tongue:

Officially on the Pens/Caps wagon the rest of the way.

French and Frink: Sorry we let down on our side. A Ducks-Kings series would have truly been great to watch. That said Go Sharks. :tongue:

i didnt catch most of the games but based on highlights and flippin the channel for a few minutes here and there, it looked pretty even. detroit aint your typical 7 seed. you guys had a great season (i, for one, couldnt have imagined you guys would start out absolutely on fire and earn the 2nd seed). watching the last few minutes of the game, a playoff freeway series wouldve been amazing but alas, we'll settle for the HWY-101 series :lol: . Norcal v Socal again! GO KINGS GO! :evil:

also, mike smith is the most floppingest goalie of all time.

i didnt catch most of the games but based on highlights and flippin the channel for a few minutes here and there, it looked pretty even. detroit aint your typical 7 seed. you guys had a great season (i, for one, couldnt have imagined you guys would start out absolutely on fire and earn the 2nd seed). watching the last few minutes of the game, a playoff freeway series wouldve been amazing but alas, we'll settle for the HWY-101 series :lol: . Norcal v Socal again! GO KINGS GO! :evil:

also, mike smith is the most floppingest goalie of all time.

Yeah, I mean if Perry shows up we win it. One goal the other way in any of the OT's we win it. Not being so lackadaisical at the start of games, etc.

But it's over and I can't help but feel like our stars completely let us down. And to go with the season for the ages the Lakers had, it's got me really down right now.

And I used to give the award for all world flopping goalie to Smith, but if you had seen this series you'd know Howard is something else. I do hate Smith's whiny self though.

Yeah, I mean if Perry shows up we win it. One goal the other way in any of the OT's we win it. Not being so lackadaisical at the start of games, etc.

But it's over and I can't help but feel like our stars completely let us down. And to go with the season for the ages the Lakers had, it's got me really down right now.

And I used to give the award for all world flopping goalie to Smith, but if you had seen this series you'd know Howard is something else. I do hate Smith's whiny self though.

oh god between the lakers and the dodgers so far, the kings are my only hope for sports fan salvation :lol: :smh:

but something i did notice this season was that your bottom 6 guys stood out a lot. bonino and palmieri stood out most to me, and i only know their names because i saw them on headlines or heard they made clutch plays this year it seemed. hopefully perry gets resigned and you guys are looking good moving forward.

oh god between the lakers and the dodgers so far, the kings are my only hope for sports fan salvation :lol: :smh:

but something i did notice this season was that your bottom 6 guys stood out a lot. bonino and palmieri stood out most to me, and i only know their names because i saw them on headlines or heard they made clutch plays this year it seemed. hopefully perry gets resigned and you guys are looking good moving forward.

Thanks for reminding about baseball and the Angels too. :x

You are right about this year it was 100% team effort top to bottom. Just didn't carry over to the playoffs for Bobby and Perry, although they struggled going in to the playoffs. The future is definitely promising though. Palmieri and Etem were absolute monsters in this series. And we have IMO a top 5 prospect pool to begin with. This organization is absolutely stacked with skilled youth as well as important core pieces.

BTW Perry re-signed for 8 years not long after Getzlaf.

This is what we are looking at ATM for next year.

FA-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Winnik
Maroon-Steckel-Beleskey
Rakell,Holland, Smith-Pelly,

Beauchemin-Fowler
Souray-Vatanen
Allen-Lovejoy
Lindholm, Sbisa

Hiller
Fasth/Gibson/Andersen

Like to see us re-sign Koivu, Lovejoy, and Steckel, as well as pick up someone like Heatley, Macarthur, or Stalberg to play with the Twins. We're set up well enough to make blockbuster deal for ideally a top flight d-man even.

Until next year I guess. Was really hoping for the Ducks in the second round, being that they looked very "beatable".

Won't lie, SJ scares me. They are playing their best hockey of the season right now.

I'll be flipping channels tonight, I love watching game 7's in peace, when my team is not part of one. :lol:

If both Sharks and Blackhawks advance, Chicago would only have to beat 8, 7, and 6th seeds to advance to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Back
Top Bottom