OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Iggy. :pimp:

Heard a few pink-hatted responses such as "OMG HE PICKED PITTZBURGZ F*** THAT GUY" and one from my friend/season ticket partner... I LOVE Jaromir Jagr, but Ignila for this team is leaps and bounds better.

Holy crap at Toronto, Ottawa, and Detroit all getting better. Northeast gonna be tough next year.

George Parros to MTL. Good for a few donnybrooks with Thornton. :pimp:

Love the Erikson player, hes the perfect fit for the Bergeron line IMO. I wish it didnt mean giving up Seguin, but I have a feeling theres a lot more about that hip we dont know about. No one in their right mind puts THAT much stock into a 21 year old who likes to have a good time...

ROFL at Horton deal. Peace, big guy. It was real.

Not sure what's going on w/ the Caps, but I really don't like how they're approaching the offseason.

First, after seeing what it took to net Bobby Ryan, I have NO doubt that the Caps could have offered a better deal had they not traded for Erat. I'm thinking Marcus Johansson, Filip Forsberg, and this year's 1st round pick would have gotten it done.

On one hand, I'm glad they aren't overpaying for certain guys, but on the other...they haven't made ANY upgrades to the lineup. Sorry, George McPhee...Brooks Laich isn't a difference maker. Say what you want about Ray Shero and Pittsburgh, they are completely proactive in trying to put out the best lineup possible.

I really think we're going to look back on the Ovechkin years here in DC and realize that we wasted his prime by maintaining status quo.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but this team is going to be SERIOUSLY exposed in the new division. THey are not ready.

Maybe the most defensively irresponsible player I've ever seen in the NHL.

IMO opinion offensive defensman are chronically underrated by fans and a lot of teams, he was bad in boston, but good in carolina, people get all caught up on flaws, for 900k, I think thats good value.

Flyers set to unveil Vinny, Emery, and Streit to the media today :smokin

Liking our top 9 a lot, dat depth :smokin

1. Hartnell down-Orange Jesus-Voracek
2. Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds
3. Laughton (could also resign Gagne if he's not ready yet) -Couturier-Read

So many possibilities to shift around too, while keeping multiple natural centers on two of our lines

And talbot-Adam hall-Rinaldo is a nice 4th line as well

Last edited:
lets hope Couts and Schenn break out of sophomore slump they had and the injury bug goes away other wise the top 9 does look great! Defense looks alot better and the goaltending :rolleyes hoping Mason plays like he did towards the end but i doubt it and Emery was good when he left but this is Philly after all. :lol:

8 years, $56M for Tuukka Rask...done deal

Longer than I'd like for a goalie, but that's how good goalies are getting taken care of nowadays I guess.

Last edited:
Oilers trade Magnus Paajarvi and a 2nd to the Blues for David Perron

I loved MPS, but there was no room for him in the top 6 to develop with all the other kids. Accepted his role on the 3rd line and was an exceptional 2-way player. Plus he's only 22 and fast as hell.

Don't know how I feel about Perron yet.

Last edited:
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 5m
My Q: Will you likely sign in Washington? Grabo: "Why not?" But wouldn't on the record confirm he is negotiating with the #Caps.

GET IT DONE, MCPHEE.

:wow: and :rofl: at the Kovalchuk retirement news...if he is takin a payday in the KHL that is an ultimate scumbag move to so this after all big free agents are signed :lol:

After all the ******** to sign him and all the punishment after the contract?

:lol: good luck to him. A **** move.

Last edited:
He's been debating this for over a year now?

GM Lou Lamoriello confirmed Kovalchuk's decision.

"After many conversations with Ilya over the past year on his desire to retire from the National Hockey League, Ilya's decision became official today," Lamoriello said in a statement. "On behalf of the entire organization, I wish Ilya and his family all the best in their future endeavors."

Back
Top Bottom