OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

Tell me how Galves was around all those people and his stitches came open but he didn't tell anyone and instead tried driving his damn self to the hospital... CIA and FBI crawling all over the damn place and he couldn't hitch a ride from 1 person? :smh:
I do wonder why he happened to have his own car. Like was that just a CIA car? or did this dude beg to be back on the team instead of resting and then drove himself with his own car to the place?
Yea that's what he said to a terrorist suspect that he was trying to get close to so she could open up to him.

But even though he didn't knowingly give her the weapon to kill herself(or did he we never saw the results of this latest polygraph) he did supply the weapon for the other dude that killed himself at the safehouse. In the middle of him slipping the blade to him he said a Islamic prayer in his ear.

But he did tell someone he was muslim either in the end of the first season or the beginning of this season.
But how did we now come to the conclusion that he gave a weapon to the guy who killed himself in season one?
That was back when ppl were speculating Saul was the mole. It was never explained how that got the weapon to kill himself but since Saul was the last one with him it's thought he managed to get him to kill himself so he wouldn't give up Saul or whoever.

It's not fact Saul did it though but interestingly enough Estes could use all those facts that Saul is some serial killing interrogator of suspects :lol:

Last edited:
Double

Last edited:
Probably when Brody was in captivity. Nazir has his beard still.

I do wonder why he happened to have his own car. Like was that just a CIA car? or did this dude beg to be back on the team instead of resting and then drove himself with his own car to the place?
That was back when ppl were speculating Saul was the mole. It was never explained how that got the weapon to kill himself but since Saul was the last one with him it's thought he managed to get him to kill himself so he wouldn't give up Saul or whoever.
It's not fact Saul did it though but interestingly enough Estes could use all those facts that Saul is some serial killing interrogator of suspects
laugh.gif
It kinda was fact because he took steps to cheat that first polygraph that had to do with that incident, remember.  And before he left the room he got real close to homeboy and said a prayer in his ear. 

I'm almost certain Saul is a mole, and for some reason I don't think we've seen the last of Roya

This show makes perfect sense, and hasn't missed a beat.  Carrie's day pass got extended, because she took the extra measures and found Brody's suicide tape.  Which proved her to be right the whole time, and then they needed to use her as Brody kryptonite after the fact.  Then she blew her cover in the hotel room, and she was the only one he would open up to at the safe house.  Thus wallah she's a intricate part of the team again, because if not for her they would have nothing.

I think a lot of you guys are writing this show off way to soon.  These writers are genius in my book, and they have made Homeland the true definition of what a real thriller is.  This show has changed the game, and set the bar really high on a writer standpoint.  I have far from given up on this show, and I'm expecting some mind blowing twist to knock my socks off. 

And for all the nae saying busters talking bout Saul isn't Muslim be sure to rep it up when you find out how truly wrong you are.
laugh.gif
  He's claimed Jewish during the show, but I'm guessing he's a convert.  Because he's also claimed to be Muslim as well, and things like this are why I love this show.  It's everywhere and you never know where it's going to land.

Last edited:
^^what is the meaning of this :nerd:
Probably when Brody was in captivity. Nazir has his beard still.
I double posted :lol: I decided when I do that instead of just leaving it or just editing with "double" I'd post a pic relevant to the thread. I'm pretty sure that's a pic of a scene from S1. Hope I didn't post a spoiler pic of a flashback but it's not that bad either way.

It's not fact Saul did it though but interestingly enough Estes could use all those facts that Saul is some serial killing interrogator of suspects :lol:
It kinda was fact because he took steps to cheat that first polygraph that had to do with that incident, remember. And before he left the room he got real close to homeboy and said a prayer in his ear.

I'm almost certain Saul is a mole, and for some reason I don't think we've seen the last of Roya
Honestly, that might all connect and it was done for a reason, and that too was a scene talked about a lot but again it was more about speculating if Saul was a mole. One could argue given his problems with his wife he was just overall stressed and ****** around with the test to get out of it.

I had no problem with Carrie just waltzing in to interrogate Roya but it did seem to happen so quick after Estes just told Quinn he wanted it handled by him and there seemed to be little security but I guess everybody else still recognizes her as part of the main agents and Estes didn't give an order to keep her out like before. Plus all we get from Quinn is an "Oh ****" and then we don't even get to see him torture her. But yeah ppl shouldn't be focusing at all that Carrie was crazy and got fired, we're way past that. She's already been brought back in and was part of heading this entire operation.

Last edited:
What if Brody is the next to lead in absence of Nazir? I still don't trust his recollections when he came back from "being captive" by Nazir especially after Saul asked Brody if Nazir trusted what he said back to him & we didn't see the recollection. Brody has proven all season long that he's adept at lying convincingly. I don't trust the fact the CIA turned him back. I think everything that's happened has been part of the plan. With Nazir dead, everyone let's their guard down. I think he even told Carrie when he held her captive that he's ready to die.
I don't think Brody being turned was part of any plan. But I do think if Brody doesn't die this coming episode, he will be primary villain next season, and moreso than them trying to catch him. He will completely turn again once they try to kill him, and he finds out that the CIA backed on their deal(although he broke it himself killing VP), and there is no place for him at home. His wife basically now has a hint at what/who he is, and there is no going back to his family. Just as Nazir wouldn't run, I don't see Brody running either.
I think this is plausible.  Perhaps Quinn's assassination attempt on him will push him over the edge?  He's lost his family cuz of all this... true, he has a chance with Carrie, but maybe something will happen to her that will trigger something in his mind to continue Nazir's plan?  We saw it in his eyes when he killed the VP what he was capable of... 

The show needs a new antagonist... and how crazy would it be to have that be Brody... the broken war hero.  Of course we have the "crazy" protagonist Carrie who will probably do anything for him.  

Whoa, Mandy Patinkin went in on Steve Colbert & went Saul The Bear on him when discussing the Middle East...4 Min mark...

The Colbert Report
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive

Stephen Colbert Spars With Mandy Patinkin (Video)
6:49 AM PST 12/13/2012 by Erin Carlson

The "Homeland" actor gets into heated debate with the Comedy Central host over terrorism, patriotism and beards.

Put Mandy Patinkin and Stephen Colbert in a room together and watch the sparks fly.

Not one to back down from debate -- or be intimidated by Colbert's cartoonish, intense alter ego -- an equally intense Patinkin stepped up to the plate on Wednesday's edition of The Colbert Report in a way that most of the show's guests rarely do.

The Homeland actor faced grilling from Colbert on the issues of terrorism, patriotism and his beard. (When asked how many hours it takes to grow, Patinkin responded: "It takes me eight to 10 weeks to get it up to speed.")

Things grew heated when Patinkin declared that he's not afraid of terrorism.

Countered Colbert: "If your example is not to be frightened, are you lulling the rest of us into a false sense of security ... and the terrorists have won?"

This launched into an argument on whether Patinkin loves America (he says he does) even though he blames "America partially and ... the other side equally."

Irked by Patinkin's gray-area philosophy, Colbert called his commentary "propaganda -- because if you give a moment's humanity to your enemy, then he WINS."

To which Patinkin replied: "What creates an enemy?"

Colbert: "An attack!"

Patinkin: "Why is an attack taking place? ... Are you not responsible at all for ANYTHING that goes on in the rest of the world?!"

(The serious actor, whose resume also includes a heavy amount of stage work, cracked a smile at one point during the one-on-one when Colbert sang a line from Gypsy.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stephen-colbert-spars-mandy-patinkin-401965

Last edited:
Golden Globe nominations for Brody, Carrie and Saul, along with Best Drama.

Damn those are tough categories for Homeland to compete in...

Best Television Series, Drama:
"Breaking Bad"
"Boardwalk Empire"
"Downton Abbey: Season 2"
"Homeland"
"The Newsroom"

Best Actor, Television Drama:
Steve Buscemi, "Boardwalk Empire"
Bryan Cranston, "Breaking Bad"
Jeff Daniels, "The Newsroom"
Jon Hamm, "Mad Men"
Damian Lewis, "Homeland"

Best Actress, Television Drama:
Connie Briton, "Nashville"
Glenn Close, "Damages"
Claire Danes, "Homeland"
Michelle Dockery, "Downton Abbey"
Juliana Margulies, "The Good Wife"

Best Supporting Actor:
Max Greenfield, "New Girl"
Ed Harris, "Game Change"
Danny Huston, "Magic City"
Mandy Patinkin, "Homeland"
Eric Stonestreet, "Modern Family"

Newsroom? NEWSROOM?!?! :rofl:

******** *** awards

From what I've heard, Boardwalk's probably gonna win best drama, right?

Newsroom? NEWSROOM?!?! :rofl:
******** *** awards
From what I've heard, Boardwalk's probably gonna win best drama, right?

Just because you didn't like Newsroom doesn't mean other people didn't I sure as hell did.

No clue who will win Best, but could be any of them, my guess on Homeland Breaking or Boardwalk

I love Newsroom. I tried getting into Game Of Thrones but all I could picture is people who like going to renaissance festivals or Augie from Role Models...

I tried getting into Game Of Thrones but all I could picture is people who like going to renaissance festivals or Augie from Role Models...
I'm guilty of this too. That and I realized that it was Dwight Schrutes favorite show, but even that didn't offer enough incentive to watch it :lol:

That's fair.
On what planet is Newsroom better than Game of Thrones?

I like Game of Thrones better than Newsroom as well. Although second season wasn't as good as first imo, I really wish they did more episodes per season.

Now I don't watch Mad Men...I guess it's good considering it won the best drama Emmy 3 times, but people were saying this last season was the best one yet.

Is Newsroom better than Mad Men?

Now I don't watch Mad Men...I guess it's good considering it won the best drama Emmy 3 times, but people were saying this last season was the best one yet.
Is Newsroom better than Mad Men?
I've never watched Mad Men, but I've heard the opposite of you, that this season was a letdown compared to previous.

Newsroom is not better than Madmen, but it's a damn good show in it's own right.

Past season of Madmen was fantastic, it was a great.. not sure if it was best because the show is so consistent. Get into it MrO, it's great stuff.

The reason why Homeland will most likely sweep those awards is cuz it's currently the how new show. It's not just popular, it's quality television. Add in the fact that many ppl feel the show is peaking, it'll definitely get it's awards. Only Buscemi has a chance of ******g it up imo.

Reason why BB won't win is cuz they got theirs and already got awards in the past when arguably better shows at the time should've got them instead. It's a clear pattern on award shows to give a show or actors awards after they've already done their best work and to snub the current best thing out only to reward them years later while snubbing w/e's great then. You see the cycle.

Not to get too off-topic, but I enjoyed Newsroom.  I watched a few episodes of Mad Men, but didn't really like it.  

Newsroom was cool in that they used real-world news events and incorporated it into the show.  My biggest "gripe" about it was that I didn't particularly like their long monologues. 

Anyway, great interview with Saul the Bear by Colbert... It was strange cuz the interview seemed to get pretty intense, but then the Colbert would crack a sort-of-joke and the audience would laugh, breaking the tension in the process. Great to see how passionate Mandy was. 

Back
Top Bottom