OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

I saw the Colbert interview as well, but got a feeling that Mandy was actually trying to have a conversation and Colbert kept fishing for laughs (granted that's his job, but I felt like he kept undermining what Mandy was trying to say)

A writer for Vulture, the hip section of New York Magazine rewrote the theme song for Showtime's Homeland theme song. In case their player doesn't embed, the link is provided below. It was very amusing...

My favorite lines from it-
"...And Mandy Patinkin, Holla!"
"Brody's wife has an enormous neck"
"Abu Nazir, has no beard"

http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/vulture-wrote-a-better-homeland-theme-song.html

One of the early defining elements of Homeland was its lead's affinity for jazz music. Does jazz emulate Carrie's freeform, occasionally erratic mental energies? Does it score her lust for Brody? Or is it just a cool element of an otherwise tense drama series, daddy-o? Whatever the reason, Homeland emerged as one the jazziest shows on television. And yet, this season — with the exception of an unfortunate jazz incident that went down after Carrie fiddled with her car stereo — has been less jazzy. Why has the series de-jazzed itself? Is it a coincidence that this sub-jazzed arc has been more grumbled about, critically? Maybe all the complaining about the hard-to-swallow plot arcs is misplaced, and the real issue is that it needs to be re-jazz-ified? In this video, Vulture's Julie Klausner talks to a jazz singer, Marianne Solivan, about these pressing, jazz-related issues and then, with the help of some students from the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music, offers a new, jazzy-riffic theme song for the producers to consider swapping in under the credits. You can even sing along!

Last edited:
A writer for Vulture, the hip section of New York Magazine rewrote the theme song for Showtime's Homeland theme song. In case their player doesn't embed, the link is provided below. It was very amusing...
My favorite lines from it-
"...And Mandy Patinkin, Holla!"
"Brody's wife has an enormous neck"
"Abu Nazir, has no beard"
^that song was horrible imo, but found a link off same site I found amusing.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/12/homelands-chris-is-asked-to-leave-the-room.html
^really wish they treated Dana like this

Newsroom is not better than Madmen, but it's a damn good show in it's own right.

Past season of Madmen was fantastic, it was a great.. not sure if it was best because the show is so consistent. Get into it MrO, it's great stuff.

:lol: I'll try again one day. It's just so slow. And there's not enough Christina Hendricks. And I hate the actors that play Pete (cuz of Angel), Peggy (cuz of West Wing) and Betty (cuz of absolutely everything about her).

Man this show gets me pumped and keeps me excited.  All I can say is that I'm impatiently waiting for next season

Not what I expected, a lot loose question that probably still won't get answered even next season. (weren't we wondering that question coming into this one?) lol

Speaking of mole, I swear the writers want us to think Saul is the mole, which I really don't see being possible imo. The whole "stay away from Brody" after she tells him he'll be at memorial, and the whole "Im gonna get you a Station Chief Job", and he is in charge of everything the next minute. It like they are just trying to feed the Saul is mole theory people lol

Last edited:
STUNNED

Took me this long to react to the show with a post I'm so shocked. Plus on my tv it was saying the ep was 2hrs.

It's crazy when things went down and the way Carrie reacted I thought that crazy rumor of Brody being the master planner behind it all was gonna be true. IMO to even Saul it's clear as day he was set up. Makes no sense to release that old explanation/confession tape after this attack. Nazir obviously had back up plans to back up plans. I mean damn.

Not gonna even go in to Saul being the mole but I will say he seemed removed from the tragedy and happy as **** his wife was coming home :lol: Son smiling ear to ear surrounded by bodies and debris. Crazy how he's basically the head of the CIA now. Hopefully Quinn and Galves show up for next season.

:lol: @ the ppl saying the writers don't know where the show is going anymore. Ridiculous to believe that with this finale. Pretty clear they have a direction for season 3.

IMO I don't see how Brody survives on his own. In Canada or any non terrorist country but even if he went back to the middle east it's pretty clear Nazir's ppl would kill him too since he betrayed them despite to the world appearing as their martyr. I want to see him go rogue and hunt these dudes down. They screwed him royally.

Homelands Season 2 finale was extremely disappointing. I hate when the story lines of characters are stretched out once they clearly have run their course. I think what happened in this finale is what bothers me with most television dramas. The writers of shows become more focused about the characters fans love and/or love story (within the show) rather than the creation of a strong consistent program. So now the writers are asking viewers to watch a season where Carrie attempts to clear Brody's name just to keep their relationship alive?! I am not sure I am interested in watching that. I probably am spoiled from loving great dramas like The Wire and Boss where the writers were not scared to kill of characters just to keep relationships in the show or pander to the fans attachment to certain characters. I enjoyed the twist overall with Brody being framed but I am disappointed with where I think the writers are headed with this show.

I doubt the entire season will consist of her trying to clear his name but more than likely catch the terrorists responsible for the attack and then after she does that find a way to clear his name with some evidence or them confessing. It'll be a whole lot more looking at who is the mole too. To the free world the media has already crammed down the public's throats that Brody is a traitor.

Regardless you probably should be more focused on where Brody's story goes from here.

Something that was funny about this ep is all that time they spent in that hotel safe from everybody now they back home hounded by the media :lol: Good for Dana, hope she goes crazy.

Great finale IMO. Ssems like the ending of TDK where Batman has to run so they can chase him, like the reason The Joker is never killed. Random analogy i know. I hopee Dana commits that.

1. I've never enjoyed the romance between Carrie and Brody.
2. For me, the reason why Season 1 was amazing was the mystery around Brody's character.

Carrie and Saul should focus on finding out who the real purporters are as the main vein of next season's story. I don't mind Brody having his own parallel story of staying out of the law and public eye but Season 3 will be much more effective if Brody barely appears in the early portion of it. They can revisit the whole Carrie clearing Brody's name bit anytime but the finale was good in that it opened up a ton of storyline possibilities from here.

Honestly I can see Brody ultimately turning out to be a bad guy. Remember, we never saw fully how his interaction with Abu Nazir played out. The double and triple takes he made toward the window when they were in the CIA (Saul's?) office also have me suspicious.

As for the family, I don't see how they play much of a role in the next season. The way the finale played out there's no real reason for them to be on the show much for now.

Last edited:
I doubt the entire season will consist of her trying to clear his name but more than likely catch the terrorists responsible for the attack and then after she does that find a way to clear his name with some evidence or them confessing. It'll be a whole lot more looking at who is the mole too. To the free world the media has already crammed down the public's throats that Brody is a traitor.
Regardless you probably should be more focused on where Brody's story goes from here.
Something that was funny about this ep is all that time they spent in that hotel safe from everybody now they back home hounded by the media :lol: Good for Dana, hope she goes crazy.

Maybe not a whole season but I am sure it will be at least a third of it. I still am not thrilled with where this show appears to be headed. I am kind of sick of the whole Carrie/Brody love story.

The season finale was amazing & i don't mind the Carrie/Brody love story. i was expecting something big to happen and am extremely satisfied with the explosion i didn't think Nazir would be killed and there wouldn't be any type of retaliation for his death.

Brody got screwed when they released his old confession. Who released it anyway?

Cant wait for season 3. i hope Homeland sweeps the at every awards.

Just finished watching the finale and Wow.
eek.gif

Episode started off slow then "escalated quickly".

Looking forward to finding out who the real culprit is behind that bombing.
nerd.gif

Good riddance to Estes.

well this episode made up for the last three.

my feelings exactly.

I was losing faith big time in this show. Very happy the direction they went in the finale.

- lots of questions
- many routes they can go

What i didn't like what how fake the explosion looked and how much of a set the rubble that Saul was standing in looked. It didn't look and feel real enough and a show like this needs to do better in that aspect. Sure we got the gist of it but I wanted it to look a little better. Felt like really awful CGI.

That being said, great finale.

G
2. For me, the reason why Season 1 was amazing was the mystery around Brody's character.

Real talk.

Finale kept me on edge, im a hardcore series guru. But this ended up being basura. Like why drag out that Brodys involvement is deeper than what shows on the surface? Is Showtime really demeaning people like that?

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"if this goes according to plan this will be the last time we see eachother"[/font]

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]aka brody a triple agent , or this is what that dude nazir wanted[/font]

everything seems to be going to plan i think its gonna go down at the vice president's funeral

because you have to figure nazir just died ,  and bam estes and quinn iz dead

i dont know man , shows getting pretty intense
oh hey , look at me guy's

G

Real talk.

Finale kept me on edge, im a hardcore series guru. But this ended up being basura. Like why drag out that Brodys involvement is deeper than what shows on the surface? Is Showtime really demeaning people like that?
cmon breh. showtime is a network that let weeds go on for 5 seasons too long..where she wasn't dealing weed! lmao.

i dont like the romance either. the first 40 min sucked, but the last 30 got me hooked again. can't wait to see where they go from here. but i was kinda hoping during season 1 that it was a diff terrorist they went after every year..

Love how Saul summarized Carrie "You're the smartest and the dumbest ******g person I know!"

She is frustrating, punch her through the tv frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom