OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

Originally Posted by NYCZ ILLEST

Originally Posted by Trieze K

wait, matching shoes and and your shirt=hypebeast???!!!! Well I guess I am a hypebeast, because occasionally I match....dang
Nope, not at all. But matching your gear to an object or something you're not wearing, like a skateboard, or say, what your dog is wearing, is. When you go overboard with anything, it's just too much.
^man u reachin for real. calm down, none of the pics u quoted are even close to hypebeast. fall back so what dude's board was hot pink, and itmatched his shirt and shoes, it's called style, maybe he likes hot pink and none of those fits are screamin for attention. as for the button up comment:BOI STOP!!!! fall back son, ya reachin toooooooooooooo far.

Originally Posted by MegaMayhemNY

alife makes 3xl?

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by inhersole

Originally Posted by Trieze K

wait, matching shoes and and your shirt=hypebeast???!!!! Well I guess I am a hypebeast, because occasionally I match....dang
Nope, not at all. But matching your gear to an object or something you're not wearing, like a skateboard, or say, what your dog is wearing, is. When you go overboard with anything, it's just too much.
^man u reachin for real. calm down, none of the pics u quoted are even close to hypebeast. fall back so what dude's board was hot pink, and it matched his shirt and shoes, it's called style, maybe he likes hot pink and none of those fits are screamin for attention. as for the button up comment: BOI STOP!!!! fall back son, ya reachin toooooooooooooo far.
I don't think I'm reach at all. There's a lot of pics of peeps on here that ain't hypebeasts, but the guy with the button down, yes, Ithink so.

I never said the Lamar guy was a hypebeast, I just said he looks like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds.

But back to the shirt/skater guy.
Don't you think that's going too far? I dont see it as styling at all. I mean when I ride my bike or car, I don't match it, and if I do, it'sunintentional. You know this guy did it intentionally.
As for the pink, no guy would of ever worn that if it weren't 08. That's hype right there. Yes/no?
Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008 version of VonDutch.
The whole skateboarding fad that everyone seems to be on, hype.
And you gotta admit, that shirt is loud as hell.
As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie on and not siad thatguy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of those things. I didn'tmake these rules up, it's just the way it is.

I ain't saying he's as hype as a lot of these other guys, but I can't agree with you that he's styling.

Originally Posted by igotmorekicksthenyou

And you don't wear a button down with the top button buttoned unless you have a tie on. Hat and glasses...need I say more.

roll.gif
WAIT! Theres rules now on how to wear a button up?!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and maybe he needs to wear those glasses...

anyway a lot of you kids don't know what a hypebeast is...really.

Hypebeast? no... just some kid who probably see's and copies what his friends wear or what's on t.v. This whole 80's early 90's dress up ain't hypbeast. There just dumb kids going along with the fad. Everyone has been through it.
4t8dhrb.jpg

Hypebeast? yes. for sure. too the fullest. i bet he's wearing cuffed selvedge jeans from the gap and aqua VIII's. Who in their right mind, besides Kanye, would wear those "sun glasses." hope he didn't do it just for the pic.
295354222.jpg

Yeah but the fad=hype (in a way) so kids going along with the fad (i.e. who dress up with 80s and early 90s clothes because they see it on TV or theirfriends do it) are hypebeast
In reality we are all influenced by the hype. But there is some people who over do it and that is a hypebeast. BTW,matching your shoes and shirt/jersey is called style (if you can make it fly).

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by jrm718

l_4998daaceeb174f32ae1d3a3ee6afac3.jpg
lol
roll.gif

this picture is screaming for an

AAAAIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
smh.gif

On the real this whole hypebeasts are matching bull has to end. Matching doesn't constitute hypebeast. Wearing Supreme doesn't constitute hypebeast.But wearing Supreme while matching to the fullest color detail to show off your gear and shoes constitues hypebeast. Look at the difference between our WDYWTthread and the kids posing in this thread. In the WDYWT "MOST" people just snap what they wore to partake in the thread, these kids snap pictures toshow off their gear. Those kids do everything and anything to show that they are shoe heads (and streetwear fanatics....because apparently it goes hand in handnow). It's not in the dress, it's the attitude behind the dress. When I go to school and people like my fit, people like my fit, if they hate it, theyhate it...who cares. When a hypebeast goes to school they want people to notice their fit and make damn sure that they'd better have the flyest fit.That's why the all over pattern, bright colors, and big !*@ labels are being over done and over saturated...it's a beast war out there, be carefulfolks
laugh.gif

have a good day and stay away from cancer. peace.

While I agree to some extent, there are some in the WDYWT thread that post the exact brand down to the shoe laces. If they are just there to partake, then thebrand they are wearing shouldnt matter. I think posting the brand is just as "hypebeastish" as matching, in the sense that people want others to knowwhat they are wearing. At this point the term hypebeast, especially in this thread, is used to clown people that posters do not like. It's 2008 and in thisanything goes culture everyone and no one is a hypebeast.

While I agree to some extent, there are some in the WDYWT thread that post the exact brand down to the shoe laces. If they are just there to partake, then thebrand they are wearing shouldnt matter. I think posting the brand is just as "hypebeastish" as matching, in the sense that people want others to knowwhat they are wearing. At this point the term hypebeast, especially in this thread, is used to clown people that posters do not like. It's 2008 and in thisanything goes culture everyone and no one is a hypebeast.

I don't think I'm reach at all. There's a lot of pics of peeps on here that ain't hypebeasts, but the guy with the button down, yes, I think so.

I never said the Lamar guy was a hypebeast, I just said he looks like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds.

Don't you think that's going too far? I dont see it as styling at all. I mean when I ride my bike or car, I don't match it, and if I do, it's unintentional. You know this guy did it intentionally.
As for the pink, no guy would of ever worn that if it weren't 08. That's hype right there. Yes/no?
Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008 version of Von Dutch.
As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie on and not siad that guy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of those things. I didn't make these rules up, it's just the way it is.

I ain't saying he's as hype as a lot of these other guys, but I can't agree with you that he's styling.

"As for the pink, no guy would of ever worn that if it weren't 08. That's hype right there. Yes/no? "

^ 2008 or 1978 homie don't matter a man will wear what he wants, real men will tell you that. and u ain't a real man if u got pink issues, men likepink, it's called "P***Y lol.

"Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008version of Von Dutch."

^ so what! everything is hyped up! everything in the fashion world is. Jordans aint even worth the cost of retail. but people resale them a hype cost cuzeverybody want's to say "hey look how cool i am". eveyone on NT has to at least own one pair of kicks that everyone else has on here. what'syou point? that's why they make 500+ print ups of the same tee, "to sale to more than just one person, believe it or not.

"The whole skateboarding fad that everyone seems to be on, hype."

^so what people decided to try something new!, otherwise u riding BMX or whatever would make u a "HYPEBEAST"cuz you didn't ride out of the wombon a bike!

"And you gotta admit, that shirt is loud as hell."

^and not matching is not just as loud?

"As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie on andnot siad that guy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of thosethings. I didn't make these rules up, it's just the way it is."

^ BOI STOP! (sorry but NO it is not a "STANDARD" to NOT button your shirt to the collar, it was a "FAD" for "cool guys" a.k.a"HYPE".) so u don't button your's up all the way, cuz noone else does? sounds pretty beast to me! sounds like your following, not leading.and no i call guys like you tools, cuz ur more concerned with another mans fashion statement, when u should be looking at womens fashion statements. actuallythat would make u something else but why insult gay guys, who can dress.

so from what u said:
1. matching is "HYPEBEAST!" (all of NT)
2. wearing something that numerous other people could possible be wearing is also "HYPEBEAST" (all NT wdywt particpants)
3. Having a favorite color other than black,white, navy blue, or any other "masculine" color is also "HYPEBEAST"
4. Buttoning your shirt "the proper way" is also "HYPEBEAST".

i don't know but somehow i always manage to match my car, maybe cuz it's my favorite color!!!!!
all my skateboards match my car and my clothing, and my nintendo ds, and my macbook too, damn im beasting! i don't know maybe because ...............idon't know IT 'S MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!!!

catching on yet?

there is a huge difference in the people YOU are saying are "HYPEBEAST" than the people that are actually posing pics of people who ARE"HYPEBEAST." Check ya hype.

you seem like that kinda cat that has to match that same level his friends are. like u can't have any friends that aint JUST LIKE YOU. i would hit you wita "U MAD?" or a "U FAIL" gif cuz clearly you are and you did but i don't have to, you proved it to us.

thanks for playing :smile:

hype 1 (hp) Slang n.
1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion.
2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material.

Everybody's talkin about it, everybody wants it, a Hypebeast will cop it.

beast (bst)n.
1. A brutal, contemptible person

Someone who has to have everything hot/ exclusive/ limited/ expensive to feel superior or equal/accepted to others.

A Hypebeast will rock all things considered at the same time all together, regardless if it matches or not.

Originally Posted by inhersole

I don't think I'm reach at all. There's a lot of pics of peeps on here that ain't hypebeasts, but the guy with the button down, yes, I think so.

Don't you think that's going too far? I dont see it as styling at all. I mean when I ride my bike or car, I don't match it, and if I do, it's unintentional. You know this guy did it intentionally.
Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008 version of Von Dutch.
As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie on and not siad that guy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of those things. I didn't make these rules up, it's just the way it is.

"As for the pink, no guy would of ever worn that if it weren't 08. That's hype right there. Yes/no? "

^ 2008 or 1978 homie don't matter a man will wear what he wants, real men will tell you that. and u ain't a real man if u got pink issues, men like pink, it's called "P***Y lol.

"Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008 version of Von Dutch."

^ so what! everything is hyped up! everything in the fashion world is. Jordans aint even worth the cost of retail. but people resale them a hype cost cuz everybody want's to say "hey look how cool i am". eveyone on NT has to at least own one pair of kicks that everyone else has on here. what's you point? that's why they make 500+ print ups of the same tee, "to sale to more than just one person, believe it or not.

^so what people decided to try something new!, otherwise u riding BMX or whatever would make u a "HYPEBEAST"cuz you didn't ride out of the womb on a bike!

"As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie on and not siad that guy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of those things. I didn't make these rules up, it's just the way it is."

^ BOI STOP! (sorry but NO it is not a "STANDARD" to NOT button your shirt to the collar, it was a "FAD" for "cool guys" a.k.a "HYPE".) so u don't button your's up all the way, cuz noone else does? sounds pretty beast to me! sounds like your following, not leading. and no i call guys like you tools, cuz ur more concerned with another mans fashion statement, when u should be looking at womens fashion statements. actually that would make u something else but why insult gay guys, who can dress.

so from what u said:
2. wearing something that numerous other people could possible be wearing is also "HYPEBEAST" (all NT wdywt particpants)
3. Having a favorite color other than black,white, navy blue, or any other "masculine" color is also "HYPEBEAST"

i don't know but somehow i always manage to match my car, maybe cuz it's my favorite color!!!!!
all my skateboards match my car and my clothing, and my nintendo ds, and my macbook too, damn im beasting! i don't know maybe because ...............i don't know IT 'S MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!!!

catching on yet?

there is a huge difference in the people YOU are saying are "HYPEBEAST" than the people that are actually posing pics of people who ARE "HYPEBEAST." Check ya hype.

you seem like that kinda cat that has to match that same level his friends are. like u can't have any friends that aint JUST LIKE YOU. i would hit you wit a "U MAD?" or a "U FAIL" gif cuz clearly you are and you did but i don't have to, you proved it to us.

thanks for playing
smile.gif

First off, be easy. I thought we were just having a friendly debate. Nobody's mad or anything, so chill out, cause I'm cool.

Ok, I think this is one topic we have to agree to disagree on cause I just can't see your justification.

^ 2008 or 1978 homie don't matter a man will wear what he wants, real men will tell you that. and u ain't a real man if u got pink issues, men likepink, it's called "P***Y lol.

Yes, anyone is free to wear whatever they want, but my point was that no guy was wearing pink 5 years ago after it came into fashion, but now a lot ofguys wear it. My point wasnt that real men wear or dont wear pink. But yes, p***y is good, so I will give you that one.

"Supreme and whatever that "F" shirt is, everyone has that. People hyped that up and others will follow. They're like the 2008version of Von Dutch."

^ so what! everything is hyped up! everything in the fashion world is. Jordans aint even worth the cost of retail. but people resale them a hype cost cuzeverybody want's to say "hey look how cool i am". eveyone on NT has to at least own one pair of kicks that everyone else has on here. what'syou point? that's why they make 500+ print ups of the same tee, "to sale to more than just one person, believe it or not.

Of course people have gear and other things that others have, but that was not my point. My point was that when people hype up something to be the"IN" thing, others will follow suit so they can be on the "IN" as well. There are tons of fads out there that have passed our time, andthis is one of them. Of course there are people out there who wear it cause they like it, but there are people out there who wear it cause they see othersdictate that if you do wear it, you're cool. That was who I was trying to single out.

^so what people decided to try something new!, otherwise u riding BMX or whatever would make u a "HYPEBEAST"cuz you didn't ride out of the wombon a bike!

Same reason as above.

I never said it wasn't, cause we werent talking about that.

"As for the button up rules, yes, that is a rule. Have you ever seen anyone with a button up that has buttoned the top button with no tie onand not siad that guy was a tool? There's a reason nobody does that. It's like wearing a suit or dress pants with white socks. It's one of thosethings. I didn't make these rules up, it's just the way it is."

^ BOI STOP! (sorry but NO it is not a "STANDARD" to NOT button your shirt to the collar, it was a "FAD" for "cool guys" a.k.a"HYPE".) so u don't button your's up all the way, cuz noone else does? sounds pretty beast to me! sounds like your following, not leading.and no i call guys like you tools, cuz ur more concerned with another mans fashion statement, when u should be looking at womens fashion statements. actuallythat would make u something else but why insult gay guys, who can dress.

This is the one thing we have to agree to disagree on, cause when it comes to dress clothes like shoes, slacks, button up shirts and suits, there arerules. It has nothing to do with follow and lead. Some things are just never a good look, and this is it. And as for calling ME a tool, whatever. I never oncesaid anything about you cause I don't know you, so if you wanna take it there, you can do that all by yourself. I'm not concerned about other men'sfashion statements and why should I be concerned with women's. This is a forum to discuss whatever, and the topic at hand are whoever are in these pics.Someone posts a pic up and people open for discussion. I chose to comment on this particular guy, so me concerned about his fashion statement? Not concerned,but he;s open for discussion now that someone posted his pic up.

so from what u said:

Matching clothes...no. Matching to an inanimant object...yes. Again you are taking my points out of context.

Already answered above

Already answered above

When did I say that was being a hypbeast?

all my skateboards match my car and my clothing, and my nintendo ds, and my macbook too, damn im beasting! i don't know maybe because ...............idon't know IT 'S MY FAVORITE COLOR!!!!!!!

Again, you are missing my point. You got a favorite color, cool. Most of your gear or kicks are that favorite color, cool. You happen to have on thesame color that is your car's color, cool. But when you go out of your way to match everything possible, down to the hue, shade and saturation, and youmake sure you're matching your car's color that day, no.

catching on yet?

there is a huge difference in the people YOU are saying are "HYPEBEAST" than the people that are actually posing pics of people who ARE"HYPEBEAST." Check ya hype.

you seem like that kinda cat that has to match that same level his friends are. like u can't have any friends that aint JUST LIKE YOU. i would hit you wita "U MAD?" or a "U FAIL" gif cuz clearly you are and you did but i don't have to, you proved it to us.

Glad to see you're passing judgement on me again, when I didn't on you, and we don't know each other. That's still cool. You keep ondoing what you're doing. I'm gonna keep on discussing things relavant to the topic at hand.

thanks for playing
smile.gif

So Let Me Get This Right; If I Wear My Undefeated AF1's With Undefeated Lace Locks With A Undefeated Crew And A Undefeated Fitted = Hypebeast????

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Write a book no seriously DO IT

coming soon... a book by NYCZ ILLEST. a book so controversial, it has been banned by all libraries... a book so powerful, hypebeasts fear for their lives...

"MEIN STREETWEAR"

some people man smh i dont get it ...its called dressing the PROPER way ...and those guys in that pic thats jus AAAAAIIIIIYYYYOOOOOO..there i said it

Back
Top Bottom