OFFICIAL INDIANA PACER OFFSEASON THREAD

solarius49

Banned
this should be interesting, to see who is actually a Pacer fan, and who was just rooting against the Heat
Congrats to the Heat for a great hard fought series, and for getting the W.

For the Pacers offseason, I think the number one concerns should be the backup center position, and getting better decision makers at point guard.

I know he isnt a true center, but I would love Kris Humphries backing up Hibbert.  Humphries is a HUGE upgrade over Lou Amundson, who has been backing up the 5 spot.  I would also love Kyle Lowry if we could get him.  We need to move George Hill back to his natural SG spot.  He is not a point guard, and he is definitely not a decision maker.

We need a guy who can put points on the board. EJ is a long shot, but we really need to convince Deron Williams that Indiana is his best bet for rings. Missing out on that, I'd like to see a Steve Nash rental.

yall need a superstar if u wanna win a chip. if indiana wants a playoff exit every year their current squad will do

Originally Posted by Dimelo

Change ur avy
nah I'm good
But Deron would be dope, and I think Indiana would give him a much better shot than Dallas, especially in the long term.  I keep on saying that Paul George will never reach his potential playing SG.  He is 6'9, and an athletic beast, he would probably be better served playing the SF spot, he even did a pretty good job defending Bron when he had to.

I've always wanted Deron to be our PG.. since he was at Illinois.. love everything about his game... i don't see how he is convinced to come to indiana but it would be nice... I think we're going to go after EJ... and go hard for him...

I'm pretty sure Gordon is RFA....

Idk what kinda back up center you guys can really get out there. Foster was the perfect back up center when healthy, dude was a favorite of mine
frown.gif

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

I've always wanted Deron to be our PG.. since he was at Illinois.. love everything about his game... i don't see how he is convinced to come to indiana but it would be nice... I think we're going to go after EJ... and go hard for him...
I mean, and I'm being honest here, what other team could he go to, get max money that is a better situation to win? Dallas? Maybe for a year or 2, but Dirk is 33. LA? Kobe is 33. In Indiana he's got a full complement of quality players and he would be THE guy. It just makes so much sense to me.

Holy crap.....I didn't think about that.

Deron on the Nets just seems like a waste of time, might as well improve the chances of such a promising squad in Indiana. Can they do it financially?

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Deron on the Nets just seems like a waste of time, might as well improve the chances of such a promising squad in Indiana. Can they do it financially?
Yeah, they got the cap space. But I doubt he goes there. This team reminds me of a budding 2000-02 Sacramento Kings. They need a shooter or proven second scorer. The best scenario would be trading Paul George and Darren Collinson/George Hill for James Harden and Eric Maynor .

Originally Posted by CaptainCrown

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Yeah, they got the cap space. But I doubt he goes there. This team reminds me of a budding 2000-02 Sacramento Kings. They need a shooter or proven second scorer. The best scenario would be trading Paul George and Darren Collinson/George Hill for James Harden and Eric Maynor .
I would much rather figure out a package that included Granger.  Danny is going to be 30 next year, Paul George is the same size, a better defender and more athletic.  I think you trade Granger, move Hill to the SG and you use FA to solidify the point guard position

Sign and Trade for Deron, Shipping Granger to the Nets

Slide Geroge to the SF

and Hill to the SG

Problem solved

Originally Posted by MMG

Slide Geroge to the SF

and Hill to the SG

Problem solved
I thought about that, but where would he play?  Dont they have Crash at the 3? I dont see an established player like Granger coming off the bench...but if Gerald Wallace walks, that could be golden for the Nets

Originally Posted by MMG

Slide Geroge to the SF

and Hill to the SG

Problem solved
This has been my dream all year
laugh.gif

again, i don't think Deron will come to Indiana, but i agree with Gunner, I think it would be a perfect situation for him.. 

Deron would be great, and with him and Hill, it would take the pressure off of Paul George to score

Hire a coach that can make adjustments and that does not play their worst players at crucial times. Basically, any coach not named Vogel. 

I think Vogel has done a fine job. Unfortunately he is inexperienced, but I dont think firing him will make the team better. Also, Hansbrough and Amundson have to take responsibility for their terrible play down the stretch

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Peep Game

We'll gladly take Hibbert off your hands
happy.gif
happy.gif
How about Lowry for Granger?
If his playoff antics (being a fake tough guy and folding under pressure) were just an anomaly and not a trend, I wouldn't mind that at this point.
Dalembert and Kevin Martin for Hibbert
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
?

^Knew you'd start hating Kevin Martin eventually!

Originally Posted by solarius49

We'll gladly take Hibbert off your hands
happy.gif
happy.gif
How about Lowry for Granger?
If his playoff antics (being a fake tough guy and folding under pressure) were just an anomaly and not a trend, I wouldn't mind that at this point.
Dalembert and Kevin Martin for Hibbert
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
?
roll.gif

If you guys get 1 super star you guys would be good. But like you all said, you guys didn't buy stars, you built a team.

wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom