Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

^
well, i don't see the point in them holding it.  even if they didn't hold it, there's people in my area going into the store asking about it every hour who would buy them up.  i'm not in the market for an imac, so i feel it's stupid.

i don't like being lied to.  so the number of times i drove out to best buy and they tell me they don't have any, there were a few sitting in the stockroom?  i hope apple lays the smackdown on them.

I just downloaded Mercury browser it's not bad.  Is atomic web browser better?

Also is there anything really big plus of outside browsers vs safari.  I just needed tabbed browsing.  But does mercury or atomic have some sort of flash support.

Also might be a dumb question but can i download music from the ipad directly to the ipad not through itunes?  Or am i just going to have to wait for the ipad 2 JB and used dtunes

thanks 

also conusmer reports named ipad 2 best tablet on the market....they put the ipad 1 about even with the Xoom 
smokin.gif

I just downloaded Mercury browser it's not bad.  Is atomic web browser better?

Also is there anything really big plus of outside browsers vs safari.  I just needed tabbed browsing.  But does mercury or atomic have some sort of flash support.

Also might be a dumb question but can i download music from the ipad directly to the ipad not through itunes?  Or am i just going to have to wait for the ipad 2 JB and used dtunes

thanks 

also conusmer reports named ipad 2 best tablet on the market....they put the ipad 1 about even with the Xoom 
smokin.gif

you tards... they are holding it b/c they can hit their numbers whenever they want with the ipad2. They can hit everyday by holding out after they hit the number.
Ipad 2 at a discount....lol hahahaaa

you tards... they are holding it b/c they can hit their numbers whenever they want with the ipad2. They can hit everyday by holding out after they hit the number.
Ipad 2 at a discount....lol hahahaaa

Yea I doubt best Buy would run a promotion on iPad 2s when they know they can sell them regardless. It honestly would make no sense for them to put them on sale (especially when u remember that they see very little profit from Apple products to my understanding).

Yea I doubt best Buy would run a promotion on iPad 2s when they know they can sell them regardless. It honestly would make no sense for them to put them on sale (especially when u remember that they see very little profit from Apple products to my understanding).

iMac will be more likely to come off the shelves quickly if they bundle it with the iPad 2... Its not about selling the iPad 2, its about the iMac.

And im only saying that based on the theory that they're holding iPads for that purpose.

iMac will be more likely to come off the shelves quickly if they bundle it with the iPad 2... Its not about selling the iPad 2, its about the iMac.

And im only saying that based on the theory that they're holding iPads for that purpose.

that theory makes no sense for a couple reasons:
Apple has never discounted any item this close to a release
The most anyone gets with a big purchase is a free 100 printer and an ipod if youre a student.
Best Buy is now in deep trouble with apple because of this "throttling" they are not getting anymore ipads as a result
Its not up to Best Buy to hold other company items for promotions.
This leaked out from an employee, the implication being that management asked him to lie to customers....
Best Buy as numbers to hit, those managers get big bonuses if they hit them.

All that said, you MAY be right about a discounted bundle for a Mac/ipad combo. But best buy cant legally hold apple items because of that.
Apple sets the prices/deals/combos. If you want those deals you have to buy from the apple store not a third party.

Your only saying what your saying "based on a theory" fam you gotta do better than that....we have facts out there. Check out the article, best buy could literally lose their apple contract because of this! Third party retailers lose apple contracts all the time for this kind of stuff.

that theory makes no sense for a couple reasons:
Apple has never discounted any item this close to a release
The most anyone gets with a big purchase is a free 100 printer and an ipod if youre a student.
Best Buy is now in deep trouble with apple because of this "throttling" they are not getting anymore ipads as a result
Its not up to Best Buy to hold other company items for promotions.
This leaked out from an employee, the implication being that management asked him to lie to customers....
Best Buy as numbers to hit, those managers get big bonuses if they hit them.

All that said, you MAY be right about a discounted bundle for a Mac/ipad combo. But best buy cant legally hold apple items because of that.
Apple sets the prices/deals/combos. If you want those deals you have to buy from the apple store not a third party.

Your only saying what your saying "based on a theory" fam you gotta do better than that....we have facts out there. Check out the article, best buy could literally lose their apple contract because of this! Third party retailers lose apple contracts all the time for this kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by shogun

what kind of future promotion would that be though?
they already sell out everyday.  it's not like there's a lack in demand.

they are not sold out they are telling employees to say they are sold out...
people on macrumors say when the imacs drop next week they will offer ipad2 for a discounted price if you buy a imac possibly 
roll.gif
 People on a RUMOR site say it may be a POSSIBILITY.....nice homework there Joe

people on macrumors say when the imacs drop next week they will offer ipad2 for a discounted price if you buy a imac possibly 
roll.gif
 People on a RUMOR site say it may be a POSSIBILITY.....nice homework there Joe

Well all I said was from a business standpoint you're going to have a 100x easier time selling the iPad 2 than you will an iMac.  So it would make sense to sell both together and tell people that they're getting a "deal" by bundling and taking x amount off to sell both.  People miiiiight need a new computer but realllyyyyy want an iPad will be much more likely to bundle and save even a little. 

NT is a great example that people will always be suckers for bargains.
laugh.gif

Well all I said was from a business standpoint you're going to have a 100x easier time selling the iPad 2 than you will an iMac.  So it would make sense to sell both together and tell people that they're getting a "deal" by bundling and taking x amount off to sell both.  People miiiiight need a new computer but realllyyyyy want an iPad will be much more likely to bundle and save even a little. 

NT is a great example that people will always be suckers for bargains.
laugh.gif

apple is also a great example of a company that doesnt need to give bargains....NT has nothing to do with it. Sure it makes sense but it also makes sense not to do it and sell both things at retail....they dont need to do it. People stilllining up TODAY and you think cutting the price makes sense? Those imacs are gonna be flying off the shelp too, just like the new MBP and the imac before it.

Apple has people by the balls they dont need to pull combos for brand new computers/ipads man

Now your jumping over the fact that Best Buy has nothing to do with it too.
Are you implying apple is telling BB to lie to customers so they can sell something for cheaper later?
You see how that makes no logical sense right?

apple is also a great example of a company that doesnt need to give bargains....NT has nothing to do with it. Sure it makes sense but it also makes sense not to do it and sell both things at retail....they dont need to do it. People stilllining up TODAY and you think cutting the price makes sense? Those imacs are gonna be flying off the shelp too, just like the new MBP and the imac before it.

Apple has people by the balls they dont need to pull combos for brand new computers/ipads man

Now your jumping over the fact that Best Buy has nothing to do with it too.
Are you implying apple is telling BB to lie to customers so they can sell something for cheaper later?
You see how that makes no logical sense right?

Son stop arguing with me when theres no argument necessary.
laugh.gif
Im not even saying that theyre going to nor that they should.
laugh.gif

Just pointing out how that "theory" that someone posted would make sense.

Son stop arguing with me when theres no argument necessary.
laugh.gif
Im not even saying that theyre going to nor that they should.
laugh.gif

Just pointing out how that "theory" that someone posted would make sense.

Thin air.

Thin air.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Thin air.
Thank YOU! see what i mean....rumor mill = thin air

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Thin air.
Thank YOU! see what i mean....rumor mill = thin air

Back
Top Bottom