Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

I hopped on the Gruppled LockInfo bandwagon. Here is my setup.

wuqss6.jpg

Originally Posted by LeeBoi

Search I Am T-Pain in Installous and Download the file Cracked by ONEXKID. It should work for ya man

nejm9c.jpg
says its downloaded but for some reason doesnt show up on the home screen... is it cuz i got the 2 g?

Damn man i Dunno what the problem is then. I seen on the Message boards where a guy downloaded the one from Zero that kept crashing and just restarted hisphone and it worked fine. Maybe you can try that. The file from OneXKid worked for me tho

yessir. look at your app store and pick any app you want for free through installous. just jailbroke mine last night and im still trying to customize. makes the phone more interesting

i finally did the jailbreak on mine yesterday. i had been struggling w/ it since feb when i got the stupid thing (didn't want to void the warranty, but iguess it's too late now). i've DL'd a few things like laker themes and a video camera, but it looks like there's much more to offer w/ theinstallous option. you are right when you say the phone is much more interesting.

i see a lot of you posting themes. two questions: how are you screen-capturing your iphone desktop to post onto NT, and are you customizing your own themesor downloading themes made by others?

Originally Posted by khadafi252

yessir. look at your app store and pick any app you want for free through installous. just jailbroke mine last night and im still trying to customize. makes the phone more interesting

i finally did the jailbreak on mine yesterday. i had been struggling w/ it since feb when i got the stupid thing (didn't want to void the warranty, but i guess it's too late now). i've DL'd a few things like laker themes and a video camera, but it looks like there's much more to offer w/ the installous option. you are right when you say the phone is much more interesting.

i see a lot of you posting themes. two questions: how are you screen-capturing your iphone desktop to post onto NT, and are you customizing your own themes or downloading themes made by others?

#1. Pressing the power button and the home button at the same time takes a screen shot. The picture shows up in your photo album. Just email the picture toyourself and upload it.

#2. Alot of people are downloading themes made by others and adding their own twists. Some good sites for themes are the iPhone theme sections of modmyi.comand macthemes.net.

#1. Pressing the power button and the home button at the same time takes a screen shot. The picture shows up in your photo album. Just email the picture to yourself and upload it.

#2. Alot of people are downloading themes made by others and adding their own twists. Some good sites for themes are the iPhone theme sections of modmyi.com and macthemes.net.

sir, or madam. you are my hero of the moment. thank you.

i know alot of this stuff is pirated software, but apple would cake like crazy if they didn't have so many restrictions. after jailbreaking, i see justthe 3G alone has so much more potential. it's not even necessary to buy a 3GS.
pimp.gif

can anybody recommend a good springboard theme or is there any way to look at all of them at once instead of clickin on each theme?

Originally Posted by khadafi252

#1. Pressing the power button and the home button at the same time takes a screen shot. The picture shows up in your photo album. Just email the picture to yourself and upload it.

#2. Alot of people are downloading themes made by others and adding their own twists. Some good sites for themes are the iPhone theme sections of modmyi.com and macthemes.net.

sir, or madam. you are my hero of the moment. thank you.

i know alot of this stuff is pirated software, but apple would cake like crazy if they didn't have so many restrictions. after jailbreaking, i see just the 3G alone has so much more potential. it's not even necessary to buy a 3GS.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
i jailbreaked mine yesterday also...i was way too punaniat first due to my ipod touch messing up when i 1st jailbroke but the iphone is WAY too dull without jailbreak

I just jailbroke my ipod 4th gen.. its a tethered break...
What are some good sources and apps to have on it...
No music will go on this IPOD (i have another for that)

Also whats the app where u can control your laptop?
Thanks for the help

I just jailbroke my ipod 4th gen.. its a tethered break...
What are some good sources and apps to have on it...
No music will go on this IPOD (i have another for that)

Also whats the app where u can control your laptop?
Thanks for the help

Why didn't you do an untethered jailbreak?

There's a few remote desktop apps but Splashtop is probably the best imo. Streams both video and audio.

There's a few remote desktop apps but Splashtop is probably the best imo. Streams both video and audio.

the tutorial I saw for the Ipodtouch 5.1.1 said it hadn't been untethered yet. and I looked everywhere for one.

Thanks for the suggestion did you get that through cydia or installous?

the tutorial I saw for the Ipodtouch 5.1.1 said it hadn't been untethered yet. and I looked everywhere for one.

Thanks for the suggestion did you get that through cydia or installous?

You can use Absinthe to do an untethered jailbreak on your iPod Touch. Here's the tutorial.

You can get Splashtop through Installous. You also need the streamer app for your Mac or PC. You can download it from their website.

anybody know how to get the MyWi working for the iPhone 4 version 5.1

I jailbroke it but all I see is the paid version

NVM

found it SB settigns FTW

Last edited:
i have to restore my ipod in order to jail break it again
but the benefits to having 2 ipods the stuff i downloaded through installous, itunes recognized as purchased items. so i just backed them up and can put them on my iphone now... #winning. and splash top works great..
Does it work if im on another network outside my home but kept my laptop home..That would be just simply awesome

i have to restore my ipod in order to jail break it again
but the benefits to having 2 ipods the stuff i downloaded through installous, itunes recognized as purchased items. so i just backed them up and can put them on my iphone now... #winning. and splash top works great..
Does it work if im on another network outside my home but kept my laptop home..That would be just simply awesome

Yeah I'm pretty sure it works, works over 3G too.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I have one more question.

If i decided to jailbreak my 64gb ipod, will i lose my music once i jail break it? 20gbs of music is not easy to put back on an ipod..
and when I jail broke my 8 gb i had already erased everything

also what emulators are good to ruN?

im having a small problem with openssh also i dont know exactly how to use it... (sorry for noob questions)

Last edited:
Thank you so much, I have one more question.

If i decided to jailbreak my 64gb ipod, will i lose my music once i jail break it? 20gbs of music is not easy to put back on an ipod..
and when I jail broke my 8 gb i had already erased everything

also what emulators are good to ruN?

im having a small problem with openssh also i dont know exactly how to use it... (sorry for noob questions)

I don't think it will, unless you restore the iPod.

I run the A.D.X Plus emulators. They work pretty well for the most part.

If you're on a Mac, I can probably help you out but there's tons of videos on YouTube on how to set up and use SSH. I'm sure you'll find one that will help you.

Bump

Looking for some good apps? Games, pic editors, anything intersting

Just a heads up and dont know if its in thread. but talkatone app is a genius app. You can make it where you cahnge your cellphone number for free. like a free burn out haha

Back
Top Bottom