*** OFFICIAL JDM CAR THREAD ***

You would open this threat nyrican
happy.gif
post pics of your sexy integra

Hey, I kept my 4D civic. Trying to work on my hatch for now...

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

I got a Honda civic 98 EX.

I wanna do the conversion to a 99-00. Product JDM has it for $580 installed. Is it a good price ?

-Black housing lights
-Fenders
-hood
-Grille
-Bumper
-lip

they had a post on craigslist but its not up anymore.
Are all those parts oem? If not, I'd stay away. You will have fitment issues

MR MONDAY NIIGHT (or anyone) - Any chance you can link me to some photos of 2009 Civics that are JDM like?

This thread is appreciated.

Originally Posted by wrod7

You would open this threat nyrican
happy.gif
post pics of your sexy integra

Hey, I kept my 4D civic. Trying to work on my hatch for now...
What up fam? I figured we needed a new JDM thread. Post pics when the hatch is ready!

Na
laugh.gif

I was thinking about getting a newer car for a while then said F it. I didn't wanna worry about making payments for 5yrs. You never know whats gonna happen. I rather wait and put a fat down payment and not pay much every month. So now im deciding to keep this car for at least another yr.

Luong - cardomain.com is your friend.

Originally Posted by nyrican23

I wanna do the conversion to a 99-00. Product JDM has it for $580 installed. Is it a good price ?

-Black housing lights
-Fenders
-hood
-Grille
-Bumper
-lip

I dont know. I just bought a non-oem SI wing though.
ohwell.gif

A friend who's all into this JDM stuff told me there wasn't much of a difference. Only difference that he told me was that the OEM one saids Honda on it.

If it's not oem, you will have fitment issues on some things. Also, the quality is not as good. Just think about it like sneakers. The OG jordans and it's durability and craftsmanship compared to the newer retroes
laugh.gif

-Black housing lights
-Fenders
-hood
-Grille
-Bumper
-lip

I dont know. I just bought a non-oem SI wing though.
ohwell.gif

A friend who's all into this JDM stuff told me there wasn't much of a difference. Only difference that he told me was that the OEM one saids Honda on it.

non oem parts are like rocking fake jordans
laugh.gif

if u still want a setup, i can whip up something for pennies

i recognize a few of the s2k's from the s2k forums...all very nice. my first car...not really jdm but i miss it a lot. i have a tl now until i can save up enough for an s2000 so i'm itching to drive a standard rwd again.
362499230.jpg

It's expensive to have a turbo car. Maintenance, parts, tune is alot of money. A tune and EMS can run up to $1,000 alone. Expect to pay $2500-4000 for a turbo build.

What are the expenses after the turbo build?  Just regular oil change, tires, gas.  Anything else to look out for?

Klip- it depends on what kind of build your doing and your goal. Strer or track. If you do street, just regular synthetic oil changes(every 2k) and have some money for a tune. If you live in a hot area, turbo cars suck! If your doin track, your gonna need to slicks, track helmet, and money for track time.

Lou- it depends if you buy new or not. If you can find it local, expect to pay about $300-450. If you buy from a website, expect to pay $700-1,000. Your gonna need money to paint it too.

http://passwordjdm.com/product2.aspx?Product_ID=1418

Klip- it depends on what kind of build your doing and your goal. Strer or track. If you do street, just regular synthetic oil changes(every 2k) and have some money for a tune. If you live in a hot area, turbo cars suck! If your doin track, your gonna need to slicks, track helmet, and money for track time.

Lou- it depends if you buy new or not. If you can find it local, expect to pay about $300-450. If you buy from a website, expect to pay $700-1,000. Your gonna need money to paint it too.

I'm definitely going to the "street" route, no track for me.  Paint my intercooler black while I'm at it when I do get the chance.  California is not a nice area for turbo cars, smog check
smh.gif
sick.gif
.  How often must you tune after the turbo build up?

too much toys
grin.gif
posted, no nissans????

one thing tho, I hate the "sudden" fanboi change from honda to 240sx, atleast in south FL. Everybody wants to drift now
eyes.gif

I got over 10k pics of nissan saved but these are the ones in my photobucket

I planing to buy a 620 next year
pimp.gif

wgz4ia.jpg

$900
sick.gif

That's a third of what I bought the car for then paint on top of that. I might as well sell it and start over.
eyes.gif

I knew Jose would come in and show some Nissan love
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Klip- passing emissions is tough. You only retune when you change, injectors, turn up boost, etc

every 2k change oil for a turbo car? and with synthetic oil already?
sick.gif
that's like every month almost
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom