Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

KLJ, you gotta understand that this dude is like our jackie robinson.

WOW
how is that so hard to understand? im not saying he is going to be a legendary ballplayer, or what he is doing for civil rights. Im JUST sayin that he is essentially our first person to make it to the big stage. That is the ONLY reason anyone is making a big deal about him.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

KLJ, you gotta understand that this dude is like our jackie robinson.

WOW
how is that so hard to understand? im not saying he is going to be a legendary ballplayer, or what he is doing for civil rights. Im JUST sayin that he is essentially our first person to make it to the big stage. That is the ONLY reason anyone is making a big deal about him.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at those messages KLJ got

smh.gif
at this thread from people NOT understanding why it's a HUGE deal for Asian-Americans to dudes saying they are "Taiwanese" rather than "Chinese."  That's like Filipinos saying they're not "Asian" but are "Pacific Islanders."  #$*@ outta here with that BS.

smh.gif
at this thread from people NOT understanding why it's a HUGE deal for Asian-Americans to dudes saying they are "Taiwanese" rather than "Chinese."  That's like Filipinos saying they're not "Asian" but are "Pacific Islanders."  #$*@ outta here with that BS.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

smh.gif
taiwanese and chinese is a distinguishing political issue. asian and pacific islander is just a issue with the region. If you think those two are remotely the same I can't even bother.

smh.gif
taiwanese and chinese is a distinguishing political issue. asian and pacific islander is just a issue with the region. If you think those two are remotely the same I can't even bother.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's way more complicated than that...it's NOT the same at all. It comes from how Taiwan and China are basically two different countries because of they have different governments, and thus a different identity and culture. It's a really complicated matter and you could easily write a book about it.

Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal before either, but after I went to Taiwan for the entire summer last year I see things differently.

smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's way more complicated than that...it's NOT the same at all. It comes from how Taiwan and China are basically two different countries because of they have different governments, and thus a different identity and culture. It's a really complicated matter and you could easily write a book about it.

Honestly, I didn't think it was a big deal before either, but after I went to Taiwan for the entire summer last year I see things differently.

indifferent.gif
at me then.  Excuse my ignorance fellas.  Anyway, i'm just proud of J Lin and hopes he can have a long career in the NBA.

indifferent.gif
at me then.  Excuse my ignorance fellas.  Anyway, i'm just proud of J Lin and hopes he can have a long career in the NBA.

laugh.gif
Nah, a lot of people don't understand the big deal between being "Taiwanese" and "Chinese", pretty much....everyone else who isn't Taiwanese or Chinese.
laugh.gif

But anyway, this thread should die soon anyway. We won't be hearing from him until October most likely anyway, and we got the Warriors thread.
pimp.gif
It's still too surreal for me.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Nah, a lot of people don't understand the big deal between being "Taiwanese" and "Chinese", pretty much....everyone else who isn't Taiwanese or Chinese.
laugh.gif

But anyway, this thread should die soon anyway. We won't be hearing from him until October most likely anyway, and we got the Warriors thread.
pimp.gif
It's still too surreal for me.
pimp.gif

The #$+ in this thread is embarrassing.

Yao Ming doesn't represent Asian Americans because? He's from China? I would think parents of people like JLin would appreciate a Yao Ming coming from China and making it in the US, right?

And the jokes about speaking English? Come on brah, embrace the international game and the players that might not know fluent English at first.

I don't even need to bring up the hate on KLJ like that. Just wow.
eek.gif

I understand the personal connection that some people might have with JLin, but dayum, no need to spew garbage about Asian history. Now I understand why people say Asians have no unity with each other. They stay being selfish and hating on each other.

SMH.

Yao Ming doesn't represent Asian Americans because? He's from China? I would think parents of people like JLin would appreciate a Yao Ming coming from China and making it in the US, right?

And the jokes about speaking English? Come on brah, embrace the international game and the players that might not know fluent English at first.

eek.gif

I understand the personal connection that some people might have with JLin, but dayum, no need to spew garbage about Asian history. Now I understand why people say Asians have no unity with each other. They stay being selfish and hating on each other.

SMH.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

eek.gif

SMH.
smh.gif
@ your ignorance. An Asian who was born and raised in China is obviously different from an Asian who was born and raised in America. Other Asian-Americans can relate better to the latter. And $#+*% with your racial generalizations.

eek.gif

SMH.
smh.gif
@ your ignorance. An Asian who was born and raised in China is obviously different from an Asian who was born and raised in America. Other Asian-Americans can relate better to the latter. And $#+*% with your racial generalizations.

I don't have anything against Yao Ming, especially not because he's from China. I'm saying he doesn't represent Asian Americans that were born here. Simple as that. I called him a circus spectacle because he's in the NBA because of his incredible height. Anybody that tall, that can move is going to get a serious look.

I don't have anything against Yao Ming, especially not because he's from China. I'm saying he doesn't represent Asian Americans that were born here. Simple as that. I called him a circus spectacle because he's in the NBA because of his incredible height. Anybody that tall, that can move is going to get a serious look.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

eek.gif

SMH.
smh.gif
eyes.gif
You think I don't know that Yao Ming was born in China and JLin wasn't. I was referring to JLin's parents who weren't born in the US, but immigrated here and lived the American dream at the end of the day. So lets not give an %%% to your ancestors that weren't born in the US? Cause those kinds of naturalized Asian Americans don't mean as much as Asian Americans born here...
ohwell.gif

What racial generalizations? Racial generalizations that are proven true with that Asian history talk in the other page?

And of course Yao don't represent the Asian Americans here. Dude is 7-6!
laugh.gif

I hope you were joking about that last part tho... He might have gotten a look cuz of his height, but it sure ain't the only reason why he's been in the league this long.

Back
Top Bottom