OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Quote:
gabrielle union is one of peeps tellin me this. her highest payday was for BadBoys II and she saw $800,000 making her the 2nd highest paid black actress next to halle. Halle just saw 1million for Monsters Ball. meanwhile, brittany murphy is gettin 3 to 4 million a picture and there are at least 20 other caucasian actresses in gabrielles age range or younger making waaay more dough with less talent.

Wow,thats crazy....so i guess alot of these rappers saying their making mils off movies must be lying n im not talking bout Cube....but isnt their alot of backend money in movies....like actors get a percentage of what the film grossed??

50 cent made a little cheese, of course Em did.

as for Reese, acting wise, yeh, she's passed up Julia and Cameron,
but the Terminator still holds the reign supreme.

and Denzel still aint broke anywhere near the numbers of Eddie, Chris Tucker, Will Smith and he is a much better actor.

as for tom, let's get serious, he's the richest actor in the game period 2nd to Mel Gibson and still Mel's movie all together haven't grossed over all of Tom's films all together. I know 1 film did it for Mel, but i'm just sayin Tom could buy Reese 10x over easily.

part of tom's deal is that not only does he get a crazy salary just for acting but you gotta give him back end on the film too
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

I saw a thing on ET that said Tom Cruise made like $4 billion over the past few years. He gets a % of the sales.

I think Paul Walker gets $9 million a movie. He can't act, but girls think he's hot. Therefore, he gets paid to be awful.

yeah, i know cruise is still almost top dog....he got a boatload cuz he went smart and loaded up on his backend cuts instead of upfront salary for the Mission Impossible flicks and a couple others. the big dogs+their $$$ dudes have their games tight when they do that.......the ones still on the come up gotta take all can get upfront cuz they're in so many flops. plus, many don't even have enough juice to get backend deals anyways.

Gibson just killed it w/that Passion of Christ joint.....producer+director+leading role....holy *@#%$ that dude robbed people blind w/that one.

and Denzel is still probably my favorite actor besides the old white dudes--Anthony Hopkins+Deniro, but it looks like he's making the move into directing+producing like Clooney right??

even though actors and pro athletes are crazy overpaid, esp compared to people that really deserve it like teachers, i still give em props. It takes talent to even make it to be a benchwarming scrub or make even bad flicks. (even ones like Cake) lol

btw, everyone knows Eddie + Big Willy got that looooong paper, but Denzel can't see Chris Tucker??? They about even for high per flick---Chris got $20 MILL for Rush Hour, but Denzel hit that a few times.

Quote:
The Manchurian Candidate (2004) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20,000,000
Man on Fire (2004) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20,000,000
Out of Time (2003/I) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 20,000,000
Training Day (2001) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $12,000,000
The Hurricane (1999) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $10,000,000
The Siege (1998) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $12,000,000
Courage Under Fire (1996) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $10,000,000

but Chris is getting a big check for RH2....forgot exactly how much tho.

K-Town, if I want to get into acting, something I really enjoy, should I just:
get an agent
move to L.A.
become a waiter
wait to see if luck will break me through

^^^pics went dry for a while so thread got jacked....lol

not to contribute to its mutation, but here's some of Tom Cruises paychecks to show how crazy-stupid his stacks are.........

Quote:
Salary

War of the Worlds (2005) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp (20% profit participation)
The Last Samurai (2003) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $25,000,000 + % of profits
Minority Report (2002) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $25,000,000+
Vanilla Sky (2001) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $20,000,000 + 30% of Profits
Mission: Impossible II (2000) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $75,000,000 (gross participation)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $20,000,000
Jerry Maguire (1996) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $20,000,000 against 15%
Mission: Impossible (1996) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $70,000,000 (gross participation)
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $15,000,000
Far and Away (1992) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $13,000,000
Rain Man (1988) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $3,000,000+% of gross
Top Gun (1986) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $2,000,000
Risky Business (1983) &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp $75,000

^^^^That is crazy. I wonder where Cruise ranks amongst the most wealthy in the world. I mean obviously there are oil tycoons and people of that nature that have billions, but from the looks of it Cruise has some serious loot

Quote:
K-Town, if I want to get into acting, something I really enjoy, should I just:
get an agent
move to L.A.
become a waiter
wait to see if luck will break me through

and i know you specifically asked ben, who would know better, but I know a couple of struggling actors+actress and behind the scenes people so......

pretty much all of the above.....not what you wanted to hear, but getting discovered/a break isn't an exact science.

LA is the place to be for tv+movie+commercial acting....you can go to NYC for more artistic stuff---plays+art/indie films.

people wait tables to pay the bills while they're trying to get discovered. a lot of guys & mostly girls get spotted by agents/scouts/industry people while bussing trays, but you gotta be a pretty mofo or have a real unique look--ESP if you are a minority.

pretty much, it is A LOT of luck.....it doesn't hurt to get your face out there and seen, but there are TONS of knock-out girls and fancy dudes roaming around Hollywood. Even if you get an audition, your acting skills have to be on point.

just remember to have strong mind+heart and try not to get discouraged. The entertainment biz is hard as hell to break into for most people. A handful do lucky and land jobs almost once they step off the plane at LAX, but many more struggle for YEARS trying to make it. Even actors+actresses that manage to find steady work, including ones on tv shows have to stay on the grind. The ent business is very fickle, esp music+movies because they're losing a lot of dough due to piracy and other extenuating circumstances.

good luck to you if you're serious+make the jump though. again, i give actors+actresses props. that stuff takes mad talent.

oh, and as for getting an agent, that definitely helps if you can hook up w/a legit one to line up auditions & "go-sees", but unless you have connects and/or $$$$ to drop on a good one, be VERY careful..........there are lots of sheisty agents+scouts out there that'll just take your dough and sit on it or give you the run around.

SMH.. 70 Mill for ONE flick? That's craaazy. But word... I didnt think Tucker was higher paid than Denzel..
- it's spelt wrong on purpose.

$70 MILL for one flick is pretty crazy cheese, but don't forget that some of the guys getting backend deals also get % of DVD sales + other post theater revenue. that's how they make the MAJOR cake.

it wasn't movies, but that's how Dave Chapelle got the crazy $50 MILL check from Comedy Central.......he made most of the dough from the backend deal he got on the DVD sales.

If you want to go even bigger, think of industry big wigs in the suits+behind the scenes guys, like George Lucas for Star Wars & Steven Spielberg. They make $$$ off fast food endorsements, toys, and pretty much EVERYTHING connected in name or that has a logo, pic, reference from one of their movies on/in it. it's just like pro sports. people say athletes are crazy paid, but they make chump change compared to the owners and dudes upstairs running things.

btw, Mel Gibson make like some insane # off The Passion of Christ....initially, I remember something like $140 million but I'm thinking it might be even more than that.......gotta realize hew as producer+director AND leading actor though, so he had all the angle$ covered.

CL, this is what your missing.

Chris executive produced all Rush Hours and Money Talks.
Money Talks cost like 15 million to make, it did close to 100 mill

he sees back end. he been in the game since yesterday.

Denzel been puttin in good work since Carbon Copy and St. Elsewhere.
I was with Denzel the day he picked up his first ferrari in San Diego
it was a 348 spyder. and I remember when he made his first big check ever.
it was for Virtuosity with Russell Crowe playing the bad guy. he got like $7,000,000 for it.

that was so many years later of him being a sex symbol/icon.
he would tell me how he though Gene Hackman had mad skills acting wise when he was filming the submarine flick. shoot I remember being at his restaurant and me and DRE and the rest of the aftermath staff were having our weekly board meeting and Denzel told me he just fired his manager of like 20 years (the guy whos been with him since St. Elsewhere) and he felt bad about it, but he had to make that guap.

I just saw Denzel a few weeks ago @ Lawry's. he was like god damn _ _ _ _ my old nickname and was like, yo this my son (I never met him cuz we only hung out at the club or at night) and he was like, you see my son got the starter kit for jewelry, you got the finished package. (obviously talkiin bout my ice)
he pulled off in a Suburban. but still lives in the most exclusive property in So Cal. "Beverly Park"
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

r0xfo0.jpg

:wow:
eek.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif

Mike Jones|Paul Wall| Slim Thug|Bun B|Pimp C|Z-Ro|Lil' Flip|Chamillionaire|DJ Screw|Aztek|Geto Boys|S.U.C|Destiny's Child

ben,

I totally forgot that Chris Tucker produced both Rush Hours.......and, my bad for leaving out Money Talks. I didn't know he oversaw that one too though. thanks for setting me straight.

and LOL and you swinging back w/the Denzel stories.....i wasn't trying to call you out about his chip game.....i know you+him go way back and he was one of the first dudes to help you w/a gameplan. but if that's how I can bait you into dropping more tales, guess I'll have to start putting you on blast more often.

seriously, I've been a fan of Denzel's ever since Cry Freedom. I dig almost all his flicks, including the "submarine one"...........pssst..... Crimson Tide.

btw, you just HAD to mention Lawry's. I was in that joint literally every week for the first couple of months I lived down there. Even though the place is filled w/Asians on Fri-weekends & they've kinda fallen off a bit, I still go there any chance I can cuz the prices are still affordable compared to other foo-foo Bev Hills spots. You always see some cool cats there too....Bryan McKnight bought me+my homeys drinks once and saw Joey Lawrence--WHOA....from Blossom and some other dudes before.

God, I miss LA.

Back
Top Bottom