[[[ Official John Mayer - Battle Studies Album Thread ]]]

If an NTer in Austin needs good seats, I've got several on the floor. I ordered one pair, but then kept getting better seats until I ended up with fourextra tickets
laugh.gif

war of my life is
pimp.gif
. his voice is incredible. at first i didnt like who says but when i listen to the words its a good song. "plan a trip to japanalone.... it doesnt if i even go who says i cant get stoned :Hat

Assassin, All We Ever Do is Say Goodbye, and Edge of Desire are just amazing tracks...

So the album comes out (On Itunes) on Tuesday..

Is the whole album worth copping or should i just get the best songs on Itunes?

Cause i only got $14.00 on my itunes account and i dont wanna waste $9.99

on the album if im only gonna listen to a couple tracks...

(The only song i heard was Who Says)

^^
cop norah jones new album (The Fall).

10x better album.

I mean, i'm a huge john mayer fan. cover his music, learned his songs, play it on the guitar

but i'm not feeling this album
eyes.gif
expect heartbreak warfare, war of mylife.
eyes.gif
2 songs i can say i enjoy

So the free "Secret Show" in Brooklyn tonight is sold out
ohwell.gif
.People were lining up since 10am this morning, didn't realize they were giving out tickets for it.

At least he will be on FUSE tomorrow night.

From what i have heard so far i think his new album is pretty good. the release is tomorrow and i heard that in honor of the release fuse tv will be airing hislive concert tomorrow night. I might have to check out the concert to see what the rest of the songs are like before i go out and but the album.

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by houser34

Just got my copy in the mail!
About to listen, then I'll post again.

please do. i need a good review to see if im gonna cop.

I'm very intrigued by this album, but I'll reserve my judgment for tomorrow when I'll listen and post a full review.

houser34 wrote:

I'm very intrigued by this album, but I'll reserve my judgment for tomorrow when I'll listen and post a full review.

biq82g.jpg

laugh.gif
I kids, i kid.

appreciate it fam
pimp.gif

I'll give my review, I've had the album since Saturday and given it about 20-something spins.

It's a GREAT album. It varies in mood but it has a pattern to it. There are some very upbeat songs and some mellow songs.
There's only one song I really don't like and that's Crossroads. Iunderstand its a cover but the song completely throws off the vibe of the entire album. I don't understand why it's even there.
There's only one guest appearance and that's by Taylor Swift on Half of My Heart and she only has about 2 lines
laugh.gif
and they duet at the end of the song.
Of all the songs, my absolute favorite is War of My Life but it would be difficult to list them in order of myfavorites because they're all so good!
Assassin (absolutely amazing, I didn't know JM could write that well!)Perfectly Lonely, Edge of Desire, Friends/Lovers/or Nothing are definitely the stand-outs IMO. Who Says would have made that list but I've played that song so much, I almost don't think of it as part of the album.
Seriously, I can't think of a better album this year. There's nothing wrong with this album (except for Crossroads).
He obviously took a different approach on this album than he did on Continuum. He definitely focused much more on his writing and it definitely shows.
If albums were priced based on how good they were, there's no way this would cost $9.99

I wish I was at the concert in Brooklyn tonight (might be over by now, it started at 8 ). I couldn't make it to line up starting at 10am, and apparentlythey handed out tickets and were sold out in the afternoon (via his Facebook).

Like I said, thankfully FUSE is airing his concert tomorrow night from the Beacon Theater, but man, it would have been great to see a FREE show of his. Thevenue in Brooklyn I believe is small, so it would have been a nice atmosphere to be in.

Originally Posted by viiheaven

houser34 wrote:

I'll give my review, I've had the album since Saturday and given it about 20-something spins.

It's a GREAT album. It varies in mood but it has a pattern to it. There are some very upbeat songs and some mellow songs.
There's only one song I really don't like and that's Crossroads. I understand its a cover but the song completely throws off the vibe of the entire album. I don't understand why it's even there.
There's only one guest appearance and that's by Taylor Swift on Half of My Heart and she only has about 2 lines
laugh.gif
and they duet at the end of the song.
Of all the songs, my absolute favorite is War of My Life but it would be difficult to list them in order of my favorites because they're all so good!
Assassin (absolutely amazing, I didn't know JM could write that well!) Perfectly Lonely, Edge of Desire, Friends/Lovers/or Nothing are definitely the stand-outs IMO. Who Says would have made that list but I've played that song so much, I almost don't think of it as part of the album.
Seriously, I can't think of a better album this year. There's nothing wrong with this album (except for Crossroads).
He obviously took a different approach on this album than he did on Continuum. He definitely focused much more on his writing and it definitely shows.
If albums were priced based on how good they were, there's no way this would cost $9.99

Yup. Im copping the whole album on iTunes
pimp.gif

Thanks a lot for the review fam, appreciate it.

Hopefully itunes lets me buy at midnight
nerd.gif

Can't wait for the concert tomorrow, its live on Fuse at 9 eastern to coincide with the album, I wonder what songs he'll perform.

I bought the deluxe version on iTunes. It's a iTunes LP. It comes with obviously "Who Says" music video and the making of. It has a 2 minutebehind the scenes and about a 20 minute iTunes exclusive interview which is pretty interesting. It also has demo tracks for Heartbreak Warfare, Friends,Loversor Nothing, and 2 demo versions of Half of My Heart.

I ****ing hate the stickers they use to keep the top of the CD' cases closed. Left glue stains all over the top of the case
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom