Official Jordan 1.5

I don't own a pair of the 2014 White/Varsity Red 2s, but I do own the 2010 Chicago 2s (black midsole). The 2010 Chicago 2s did not respond well on the court, as I only played in them twice. Of course, that was 5+ years ago when I was a bit younger and I did a lot more penetrating, cutting, and actually played some defense.

I'm a lot older now (40) and take a lot more relaxed approach on the court - think spot up three-point shooting. Nevertheless, the 1.5s still held up really well if you're simply running up and down the court, playing little to no defense whatsoever, and pretending you can still jump vertically lol. After 1.5 hours of on-court use, my feet weren't hurting so that's a definite plus. The cushioning was great, and felt even better since I always double my socks. But the base of the outsole is narrow, so I'd say stability is somewhat hindered when it comes to cutting laterally.

One of my favorite shoes to ball in today remains the Lebron 7s and 8s, the Zoom Kobe Vs and Nike Hyperdunk, Reebok Question 1 blue toe, and Adidas AdiZero Rose 2.5 Playoffs.
repped.

guess i need to try these out myself when i get them because of the shoe you listed, i hated most of them on the court. lol 

the lebron 7 gave me blisters every time i played in them and need to choke the laces out and still no heel lockdown. the lebron 8 cushion was nice, but traction wasn't great end up using them casual and sold them. the original hyperdunk's lunar didn't last and i gave them away after 2 months of use. didn't own the Q or Roses. 

black and reds are nice but those other things are no bueno for me, bring on the fruity pebbles colorways of the 1.5

so, i received my soar blue today from JerzeyKixxxx on ebay. I am actually surprised both good & bad.

THE GOOD: first of, the shoes are legit, so that's definitely good.
happy.gif
the toe box is very soft, the quality/craftsmanship of the shoe is very good, and just from trying it on the midsole is way more comfortable than the 2s. I think the midsole is actually phylon compare to the polyurethen used on the 2, as you can see in the pics i applied the same force to the midsole and the return 1s is much softer. 

THE BAD: everyone that liked them praised on the soft toebox, so i was kind of expecting them to be actual leather (split grain at least) through out the whole shoe, BUT the only real leather (at least from what i can tell) are the blue leather along the toe rend, the piece with the first lace holes, the piece that goes up with the lace holes and the white mid foot panel on each side behind the swoosh. The rest of the shoe are synthetic leather. you can see the grain on the toe rend below.

with that said, I actually like these a lot. I was debating if I should return these and pick up the blk/red instead, but seeing these in person has won me over to keep these. It's no Frag 1s, but for what it is worth these are much better than dropping ridiculous resell on Frags.

how is the leather and feel of the shoe versus a regular 1 High OG? I might get the blk/reds since 1hi OG will not be in my future

Anybody that owns both CHI & Soar blue finds that CHI is more comfortable as far as thicker air unit?

Yes. I got mine from that eBay fire sale and thought they were fake due to the difference in comfort. Soars made in Vietnam vs Chis made in China. Everything about my soars seems legit but the air unit doesn't have the same cushion. Someone posted a dissection a few pages back. Looks like the air unit is black. Never seen that before. Contemplating ordering some from a legitimate online retailer to see if they feel the same

how is the leather and feel of the shoe versus a regular 1 High OG? I might get the blk/reds since 1hi OG will not be in my futurel
leather quality should be the same as the 1 LOW OG and better than the mids.

I like the look of the kicks and I'm not even into highs like that. These are being called the "banned bred" from what I've seen online because some psychopath either A. Actually believes these were the model that were banned by David Stern and got MJ fined or B. Thought it would be a solid marketing ploy. Chances are people will see the words "banned bred" and throw their wallets at the zebrastriped without so much as a second thought. If I end up buying them it's cuz I like their look, not some silly marketing ploy that you realize isn't accurate after spending 15 seconds on google. I'll probably pass on these and wait for the Pinnacle snakeskins that are coming out in May I believe

So anyone hold the breds in-hand yet and can testify to the leather quality. If so, closer to Chi 1.5, or Reverse Frag 1.5???

Review vid (not mine)...

Watching it now myself, so I can't testify to how good either it or the shoes are yet...

Edit: Vid isn't very descriptive, and he doesn't talk about leather quality at all. One thing, though, when he shows them alongside the Soars the toe cap looks to be a hair lower on the Breds than the Soars. The high-cut toecap was what made the Chis look "Clown Shoe-y" in pics, so it looks like Nike is trimming it back on each subsequent release to make it look more like a true 1.

Last edited:
I feel as though they (black and reds) are about the same as the soars... I thought the Chi's were real decent, especially when comparing them to these two.

So anyone hold the breds in-hand yet and can testify to the leather quality. If so, closer to Chi 1.5, or Reverse Frag 1.5???
They're about same as Chi 1.5's to me. Toe box is a bit softer, but also seems thinner. Don't know if it's optical illusion but the black leather on the toe box doesn't look quite as high as the Chi 1.5's. Keep in mind the Breds are 0.5 down from the Chi's.

i got bored, so i went back and look at @Solelovejs96  's post http://niketalk.com/t/624803/official-jordan-1-5/1440#post_24400033  which has great detail shot for comparison.

This just for reference if people want to compare.

The Chi has synthetic leather on the white toe box, the black swoosh and collar.

The Rev Frag has synthetic leather on the white toe box, all the black leather, and the blue area around the collar.

based on the pictures i can find for the breds, they should have exactly the same material as the Rev Frag.

Last edited:
I've tried reading most of this thread, and can't get a consensus on sizing.  I'm an 8.5 in normal 1's.  So should I size down on the 1.5 breds for a similar fit to the 1? 

are the red parts of the shoe the same as the jordan bred lows or are they better?
They are much better than the Bred Lows. Like I said, softer than the Chi 1.5's. They will crease easily though, just from trying it on and walking around I could see small creasing. However, it was 0.5 size down from my normal size so that might also be a factor.

By creasing I mean these from the pics above:

That will happen as soon as you put them on. Probably could minimize or push it out with some shoe trees when you're not wearing them. Not a big deal to me. They will happen eventually.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom