OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

I'm glad I still got a couple of DS Infrareds from the 99 retro. I can buy a pair of these to rock even tho they're just plain red. I like thesebetter.

imo jordan brand has always done this to us. always give us a little tease or in this case- a similar, but differnet colorway of what we REALLY want... justlike last year with all the CDP packages.. they only gave us 1 good shoe in each package. the other shoe was ALL BLACK, reason? i believe jordan brand issaving the good or SOUGHT AFTER colorways for future releases...

-this way they can captalize on 2 profittable releases.

and this is just another example.. i BET that j.b will eventually come out with the og infrared shoe down the road.

just like when everyone thought cdp xi/xii was gna be with the red/white. they switched to taxi, and releasing red/whtie this yr 09' . smh @ JOrdanbrand... but ssadly this is how they carryout their "business plan". we just have to work around the system, be patient, and capitalize when the timecomes, and believe meit will, when j.b gives us iconnic og releases.

im still waiting on XI CONCORDs. missed out last 2 releases. i have a feeling that will be my final jordan brand purchase... 4 pairS~!!!!

Man, I wore my DMP VI's the other day and well, these just don't even come close to comparing. I tried to give this shoe a chance but I just don'tlike them. I'm not even a JB complainer who makes complaints about every little thing but man, they really f'd these up. If you're gonna makechanges to the color at least keep the shoe nubuck instead of switching it to this suede material. What they did to the material is wacker than changing thecolor IMO.

Originally Posted by realballer

yo can anybody fill me in on the air J VI's. I'm pretty new to air j's and im wonderin why these (specifically the infrareds) are so popular. doesnt look that great to me. Is there something im missing? Also how does infrared differ from varsity red? different shade of red? thanks guys
jordan won his first championship in da VI's

ohh ok i get it now, thanks el bro, andfattoo, and ninjahood, sounds like its mostly nostalgia. sadly i never actually saw jordan play on live broadcast
frown.gif
only through highlight reels n such on youtube etc. would've loved to see him in his prime!

ohh ok i get it now, thanks el bro, andfattoo, and ninjahood, sounds like its mostly nostalgia. sadly i never actually saw jordan play on live broadcast
frown.gif
only through highlight reels n such on youtube etc. would've loved to see him in his prime!

WOW
eek.gif
....i feel old
frown.gif

still on the wall with these, i def will have to see them in person. anyone receive pairs yet???

frown.gif

Let me guess. You have to be 12 years old!

saw the video by sneak geekz and hes like they were "ok", nothing like the original, considreing he had em in his hand so im sure he has a betterinput than me who just has pictures....i guess ill wait for a detail review of these before i decide to cop

What irks me more than anything, is the use of "suede".

The Varsity Red could pass, but the crap material they used is not doing it for me.

I mean what's so hard about using durabuck leather?? They used it in '06. Do we really have to pay $250+, just so they can use the proper materials
eyes.gif

air-jordan-6-vi-le-defining-moments-pack.jpg

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

frown.gif

WOW
eek.gif
....i feel old
frown.gif

your tellin me.

the shoes are decent, i dont know why they just wouldnt throw the "nike air" on the back.

looking at my dmp VI's while looking at these makes me not even want to get a pair cause it looks so cheap compared to it.

varsity red's look like they're made from the same material as stuffed bears.especially compared to the dmp's and '01's.i love VI's butnot all VI's are created equal.

As long as the other shoes are selling out nike will continue to put bad quality products stop buying them if quality is a issue

Confused.

As well as the actual colorway listed, first few pics definitely show Varsity Red.

But in Air Randy's pics, that definitely glows/pops out like it's Infrared. Checked it on different PCs, an iPhone, and a BB.

Something is up.

Well at least these shoes are wearable... I wonder how these will look if someone just painted over the varsity red with infrared.. Might be a good look if itis done clean

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

frown.gif

WOW
eek.gif
....i feel old
frown.gif

laugh.gif
....... I would say blessed.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

imo jordan brand has always done this to us. always give us a little tease or in this case- a similar, but differnet colorway of what we REALLY want... just like last year with all the CDP packages.. they only gave us 1 good shoe in each package. the other shoe was ALL BLACK, reason? i believe jordan brand is saving the good or SOUGHT AFTER colorways for future releases...

-this way they can captalize on 2 profittable releases.

and this is just another example.. i BET that j.b will eventually come out with the og infrared shoe down the road.
I can assure you that will happen! Sooner than you think as well.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

What irks me more than anything, is the use of "suede".

The Varsity Red could pass, but the crap material they used is not doing it for me.

I mean what's so hard about using durabuck leather?? They used it in '06. Do we really have to pay $250+, just so they can use the proper materials

QFT I love nubuck I feel like it is so much more resistant to fall/winter nyc weather than suede is

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

Still copping. I'm not gonna whine and then contradict my self by buying it like half the people on NT.

Co-sign bredda. They are close enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom