pimp.gif

all sizes available, except 11.5-13.

leesburg va just got a FSR of VOLT uptempos $99.99

they will not price match the $39.99 so please do not ask

Originally Posted by ButchasJAYZ

HoH willowbrook has the China Edition Lebron VII for $130.00   
pimp.gif

all sizes available, except 11.5-13.

Can you give me a number? i try to look it up but i dont even know what state HOH Willowbrook is in to start looking for

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

i know this is kinda off topic, but would it be better to call or go into a FTL to ask them to locate a shoe?

From my past experience, it's best to go in. They can be lazy and not even look into it over the phone, much like some employees at outlets....

Originally Posted by Phanatik9

Thanks for the info on those white Pippens. I've been waiting for those to hit the outlets.

I called & they said they didn't have them. Anyone get a pair from them?

Yo didn't the Black/Red Pippens drop to like $40 or some really low prices?

The White ones aren't going to do any better either so I'm going to wait it out on them.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yo didn't the Black/Red Pippens drop to like $40 or some really low prices?

The White ones aren't going to do any better either so I'm going to wait it out on them.

THAT WAS A STEAL AT THE PIGEON FORGE OUTLET...

ALL OTHER PLACES LOWEST I SEEN THEM WAS $69

The clearance outlets have now pushed the prices up yet again.  Not $49, not $59, then $69.... and now $79.  This is their idea of clearance????????? 
eek.gif
  I guess I didn't realize that things were flying off the shelves like they must be at the outlets. 
indifferent.gif

Much like the trend of pricing on Air Force 1's a few years back.  Nike will soon price themselves right out of American's pockets.  $80 is a deal, if you're buying 1/2 Cents - but it is hardly a clearance on on Air Max 90 or 97. 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by ChetLsworth

The clearance outlets have now pushed the prices up yet again.  Not $49, not $59, then $69.... and now $79.  This is their idea of clearance????????? 
eek.gif
  I guess I didn't realize that things were flying off the shelves like they must be at the outlets. 
indifferent.gif

Much like the trend of pricing on Air Force 1's a few years back.  Nike will soon price themselves right out of American's pockets.  $80 is a deal, if you're buying 1/2 Cents - but it is hardly a clearance on on Air Max 90 or 97. 
tongue.gif

So true.  But, I've been noticing that across other retail chains also.  For example, went into the Polo Outlet store this weekend at Sawgrass Mills and they were selling the long sleeve button downs (that they normally have on a wall in the back) for 49.99.  Last year, they were maxing out at 39.99 and there were times they went down to 29.99. 

I'm guessing they've started seeing increased sales and think things are back to normal. 

It's gonna bite 'em in the %%@, though.

Watch.

We have two forces driving this.  One, Nike is continually increasing their price points.  One example, what's base price on some AF1 lows now, $88?  That's a 10% increase in the last two years (and does not take into account the relative decrease in material costs).  Two, eBay.  We've all observed people buying up entire shipments of markdowns at outlets only to see them pop on en masse the next day at retail price.  We'd have to do some real studies to see how profitable this practice is but the bottom line is that as the price they pay (i.e. outlet prices) increases, their net return decreases - and yet more and more people are willing to do more and more work for less and less return on the reselling side of outlet hunting.  The short-term result?  As long as things are moving off the shelves then there is no reason to decrease prices.  The long-term result?  Unchecked, the outlet raiding will eventually collapse when the continual influx of new resellers causes the net returns cease to be worth the time, effort, and upfront capitol required. 

I'm sure someone who just finished Microeconomics could chart that all up.

Prices will continue to go up and down...clearance outlets really don't have one standard price for shoes.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

We have two forces driving this.  One, Nike is continually increasing their price points.  One example, what's base price on some AF1 lows now, $88?  That's a 10% increase in the last two years (and does not take into account the relative decrease in material costs).  Two, eBay.  We've all observed people buying up entire shipments of markdowns at outlets only to see them pop on en masse the next day at retail price.  We'd have to do some real studies to see how profitable this practice is but the bottom line is that as the price they pay (i.e. outlet prices) increases, their net return decreases - and yet more and more people are willing to do more and more work for less and less return on the reselling side of outlet hunting.  The short-term result?  As long as things are moving off the shelves then there is no reason to decrease prices.  The long-term result?  Unchecked, the outlet raiding will eventually collapse when the continual influx of new resellers causes the net returns cease to be worth the time, effort, and upfront capitol required. 

I'm sure someone who just finished Microeconomics could chart that all up.
Look, you couldn't have said it better.  Resellers really are killing the game.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Because resellers are buying gr af lows... right.

laugh.gif
People think they know what they are talking about, but clearly don't. Only things worth reselling is limited releases and qs stuff that sell out quick at retail. Chances of those popping up is mass quantities in outlets is slim to none. Griffey's at $70, pippens at $40, Lebrons at 59.99, motorsport 6, doernbecher 6, spacejams, cdp jordans, mtag lebrons, yeezys, krytonates and etc. Stuff along those lines are worth buying and reselling because you will make a decent return given you get a chance to pick them up clearance outlet prices. Even then only maybe 2-3 outlets get heat like that mostly in florida, sometimes pf and maybe a outlet in CA once in awhile. Things aren't spread out like they use to be. Nike only rewards outlets that do well on a daily basis. The few sellers on ebay that are from Florida do in fact get their shoes from outlets but I am sure other sellers get it from different sources that sell nikes at discounted prices. Marshalls and Ross have been gettign b-grade stuff recently as well so I think maybe nike is sending b-grades to other retailers for cheap. I picked up b-grade Jordan 11's blk/red colorway for transit here in NYC for 120 and it had the orange box and everything so that is enough proof for me that nike is sending b-grades places besides outlets. Point is you aren't going to make money from outlets unless something good pops up and you are a local with connects.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Because resellers are buying gr af lows... right.

Not to say that they are buying them to resell on ebay or anything, but, for example:

I was there for the opening day of the Dolphin Mall Nike Outlet Store (it was like 20% of until 12 AND they gave you a $10 gift card) and saw these cats buy up damn near half their stock to resell in their store.  I LITERALLY had to try to beat these guys to the punch before they snatched up something that I wanted. 

Now, of course, that might be an anomaly, but, I really do believe that this probably happens at quite a few outlets and then there's the random cat who DOES think he can make a killing by becoming a reseller, only to find out it's not as easy as it looks (just like the cat that thinks he can be the next big rapper or baller), or the cat that is buying 3 pairs (one to wear now, one for later and one to sell) along with his other 2 buddies.

I think these are all factors that kill it for the rest of us that just want one.

on my way to camarillo

if you need kobe iv phillys and you wear sz 8-10 check your local nordstrom rack theyve been $59 maybe less

damn you only remember $49 clearance store prices?

Try when it was $39 and under. Picking up sb's with fat tongue for $25. VCs for $30. Air max 2003 for $39. ID returns for $39, etc.

this was the Kissimmee FL clearance outlet. Damn that outlet is pricing stuff near the $90 mark now. And this outlet changes their staff like every month, I guess it was due to so many employees having meet ups with their connects where they come in and find the hookup, the hookup says wait here and brings out a cart full of goodies from the weeks shipment they hid for them. Saw this happen right in front my eyes. SMH

Back
Top Bottom