Official Jurassic World Thread | Jurassic World: Dominion 6/10/22

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM Claws Its Way To Monstrous $150 Million Opening; Tops $700 Million Worldwide

Universal Pictures' and Amblin Entertainment's Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has completely shattered initial expectations on its way to winning the weekend with an absolutely monstrous $150 million debut.

Internationally, the J.A. Bayona-directed film continued its dominating run with another $106.7 million, including another #1 finish in China with $32.4 million, topping Disney/Pixar's Incredibles 2, which opened to $21.2 million in Middle Kingdom. Overall, Fallen Kingdom has earned $561.5 million from 51 foreign markets (including $202.6 million from China) and its current worldwide haul stands at an impressive $711.5 million. It's now very much on course to top $1 billion by the end of its theatrical run, if not sooner.

This is why Black Panther won so much. Jurassic World had a huge opening but because its released in the heart of Summer movie season, it'll face stiff competition every single week. Si cario comes out next week, Ant-Man 2 week after that and then Hotel Transylvania 3 and Skyscraper the week after that.

Black Panther being released in February allowed it to be #1 for 5 straight weeks

I love me some Bryce Dallas Howard. She’s real good in that tight outfit scenes. And Andy is always lol. The premise of Dino military is so stupid tho..I really don’t get it. What’s a Dino going to do that a drone with a gun can’t do.

I love me some Bryce Dallas Howard. She’s real good in that tight outfit scenes. And Andy is always lol. The premise of Dino military is so stupid tho..I really don’t get it. What’s a Dino going to do that a drone with a gun can’t do.

It didn't as did the bidding on a dinosaur(where are you going to keep one that people won't know you have them) or them having 12+ dinosaurs within a mansion. Let's not even think of how big of a mansion that would take(why have them where you live?), but where are the FBI and police?

Yeah that whole militarized dinosaur idea is illogical as hell. And to add to that, they did the same **** in the last movie. It was still entertaining, but it didn't have too much depth.

Confused the **** out me. Like yeah one is animated and the other has the Rock but c'mon.

JWFK is more summer blockbuster. Sicario gonna gross big but not sure its gonna knock JW off #1.

Last edited:
I actually liked dude from the Get Down's character, unlike every other character in the movie. He was the only one who was funny and had normal reactions like he didn't want to be there.

Movie was straight. Nothing special. No character development at all

This.

Wouldn't have mattered to me if Owen or Claire were offed

I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was definitely corny at times. I didn't care for Maisie one bit.

BDH & Daniella Pineda :pimp:

I saw it imax and it was beautiful to watch. Everything looked great . Byrce dallas is so bad.
Story reminded me of expanded version of lost world. Predictable and You can see the ending coming a mile away.
I expected it to be horrible from reviews but I enjoyed it. My 2nd favorite jurrasic park movie but I'm a huge fan and have enjoyed all of them.

They really had a lot better options to go with this one than Dino auction and Dino military. Also indoraptor was weak. Got wrecked pretty easily.

Would of enjoyed a Bane version where some madman geneticist decides that dino wreckage is the way to go and gets his hands on the indomintus bone DNA.

Sounds dumb now that I wrote it out. Sometin else. Maybe just reopen the park and don’t have problems for one movie. We easily got the tech to handle dinos and keep em caged.

Only $20 million for a dinosaur :rofl:

Economics in the Jurassic World black market

As the bidding was going on, I told wifey that for probably a fraction of that price they could've gone to the island and taken any of those dinosaurs. :lol: It's not as if Isla Nublar was protected by any government or had active security on it.

I suppose if Jurassic World was a rehash of Jurassic Park, then this film was a rehash of Lost World (which was not that good to be honest). Another thing that bothered me was that the technology to create dinosaurs exists and the Indominus Rex was a mix of several species so why can't Dr. Wu who created the first one, simply jog his memory or look up his notes to create a newer, better one? :lol:

Joint's the definition of being a 'mindless, pop-corn flick'. That said, are they going the route of 'Planet of the Apes' with the dinos now being given a far wider range?

Last edited:
movie was meh and very predictable, im more curious about a potential sequel now that we got dinosaurs walking around like stray animals.

Forgot to add that the 'big game hunter' in this joint was dumb AF and didn't hold a candle to Pete Postlethwaite's hunter in Lost World.

Keeping teeth as trophies and entering the cage of a species you know absolutely nothing about. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom