Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
My thinking is pretty much like this: Nike can make money the question is do that want to pay it out? Lebron makes more than everyone else combined and probably will for next couple of years and this will give nike time to groom Kyrie to be there next star, especially if Cleveland can bring home a championship! Can't you see it now, lbj and ky double championship pack with one sig from each, they could charge any price!
Yeah and a fool and his money shall soon part. I'm never paying 500+ for some basketball shoes. They have to give me 3 or 4 for that. I don't wanna pay retail thanks to all the good folks in the lebron threads

Last edited:
Technically he doesn't work for Nike anymore. His nike deal expired a couple of weeks ago. That's why everybody is reading so much into the instagram pics...he can literally rock what he wants but has chose to stick with the swoosh.

IMO KD wants to stay with Nike. I'd be wearing every other athletic brand imaginable to determine where I wanted to sign next, and if their gear worked for me. I wouldn't wear what I didn't have to unless I really, REALLY liked it. I think KD really likes Nike but under armour's offer may be too great to pass up.
He can wear what he wants, but he's still making money off of the sales to his own line...

nerd.gif

dont play 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 I made that for the thread a couple months back. It wasn't based on any actual info. I have yet to hear anything about a weatherman release

Last edited:
[thread="591407"]Quote:[/thread]

dont play :nerd:
:lol:  I made that for the thread a couple months back. It wasn't based on any actual info. I have yet to hear anything about a weatherman release

You aren't "yet to hear about one" now because you obviously read my post that they attached your picture to. The KD 7 "weatherman" releases March 5th, 2015.

strong316 strong316 Nike must believe the time for Kyrie is now. His first official Nike sig releases January 10, 2015.

@STRONG316 Nike must believe the time for Kyrie is now. His first official Nike sig releases January 10, 2015.
I like Kyrie, seems like a good kid, also very marketable but the bottom line is the shoes have to work and he has to win!

IMO Nike wont match UA!!! Nike got to level they are at by making smart decisions and based on the numbers it wouldn't make sense for Nike to match! I personally think they will stay away! Another aspect of the UA deal  is company shares( if this is true): I really don't see Nike trying to match this part of the deal. Why pay KD for the rest of his life based on what he has done to this point. I love his game and he is a freak when it comes to shooting the ball but he is hasn't accomplished enough to earn lifetime money with Nike yet. MJ earned his keep with NIKE, KD has to accomplish a little more, IMO!

I don't think KD is making the wrong choice by choosing UA either because at the end of the day he will make lifetime money with a strong company! Probably wont be "NIKE MONEY" but it will money all the same! His career could fall apart in a split second but he would have this deal to fall back on, regardless to where his signatures sell at!

So in recap: The deal is great for all sides- KD gets Paid, UA may/may not establish itself as a true basketball threat, and the "Swoosh" Keeps on Keeping on!!! Kyrie becomes the Next "superstar" and a man who hasn't played in years continues to outsell them all!

You aren't "yet to hear about one" now because you obviously read my post that they attached your picture to. The KD 7 "weatherman" releases March 5th, 2015.

@STRONG316 Nike must believe the time for Kyrie is now. His first official Nike sig releases January 10, 2015.
laugh.gif
 chill out bro. You're the only one i've heard say that. I meant by a source such as Nike, sneaker news etc

I think there's any doubt it would benefit UA and KD, only people who lose out on the deal are trenders.

I'd be a little offended by Nike at this point. They could easily afford to match it without losing sleep at night (Nike makes a little over 7 times what UA makes) 

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...ould-let-kevin-durant-leave-for-under-armour/

^^^^^^^^ That's a link to a Forbes article on why Nike should let him go.

"Nike sold $175 million of Durant’s signature shoes in 2013 in the U.S. or $95 million at wholesale...But Nike would be hard-pressed to sell $400 million worth of Durant’s shoes to justify an annual payout of more than $25 million a year." 

Makes no sense to me

EDIT: 

Last edited:
You know, for some reason it never crossed my mind that they would have prototypes to show him. I'm curious about what the design team whipped up.

Back
Top Bottom