• Weatherman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
laugh.gif
cmon fam, give me more credit. i clicked the link and didnt try to add to cart until the timer went to 0. when it went to 0, adding sizes became an option. when i added said sizes, i got an error. it was nike's timer being ahead of the actual time.
Is the time on your computer fast, I noticed one day the time on my computer was off and it was throwing off the timer on NDC

laugh.gif
cmon fam, give me more credit. i clicked the link and didnt try to add to cart until the timer went to 0. when it went to 0, adding sizes became an option. when i added said sizes, i got an error. it was nike's timer being ahead of the actual time.

Is the time on your computer fast, I noticed one day the time on my computer was off and it was throwing off the timer on NDC
It's what mir101780 said.  The timer that you see on Nike's website is actually based on your computers local time, but if you are ahead of time then the although the shoe becomes available, you will get an error because the shoes hasn't technically released on NDC.

I had this argument with Nike but they weren't very helpful.  The problem is if you are behind a couple seconds, then you lost that valuable time to add to cart and theres no way to know what the actual time on NDC is.

^ not to mention, that there are times where the mobile countdown and the laptop countdown aren't in sync. I've seen them off by as much as 20 seconds.

Lol these really didn't even deserve a timer. Tax makes this a $200+ shoe. The last ext pair was still available a couple weeks after initial release. That plus the fact that the N7s retailed for $150 and only recently sold out of all sizes proves to me that the kd7 is a slept on model altogether. Welp guess that sucks for the hype beasts and resellers.

I copped this morning using the phone order method. Super easy, plus I used a 15% off code that I got for glue stains on my black suedes

Yea my countdown timer had like 1min 50sec left and i refreshed and they were available. I've seen it happen with a few releases so i start refreshing when it gets down to couple minutes left.

:lol: cmon fam, give me more credit. i clicked the link and didnt try to add to cart until the timer went to 0. when it went to 0, adding sizes became an option. when i added said sizes, i got an error. it was nike's timer being ahead of the actual time.
it was 10 est. ha. nike tweeted the link, and there was a timer on the shoe. but apparently the timer was ahead of real time by a min or so. i called and they told me to try now, and they showed up. had me thinking i was trip pin :lol:.

ponys for 20% off, ftw. Texas stand up

:lol: ...you good man. I was just bustin your "boys"

It's what mir101780 said.  The timer that you see on Nike's website is actually based on your computers local time, but if you are ahead of time then the although the shoe becomes available, you will get an error because the shoes hasn't technically released on NDC.

I had this argument with Nike but they weren't very helpful.  The problem is if you are behind a couple seconds, then you lost that valuable time to add to cart and theres no way to know what the actual time on NDC is.

yea man no doubt, preciate yall for the info. that's exactly what the case was for me. my macbook's time is a lil fast. ha

THEY ARENT LIMITED AND THEY ARE UGLY..... THERE IS YOUR ANSWER. LOL!
I think they are pretty dope but i guess most people must feel the same as you do. I just think these will be so dope with some cargo shorts and black tee once the weather gets nice.
This is my thinking also.  For some reason, I really dig the design.  I'm just happy it was easy to get my pair

The people saying the pony hairs are dope are the same people that said the cave purples where whack. Lol, im just sitting back and shaking my head.

i dont think ive said that, but i have said the pony hairs are solid. the major grab is that they're a longhorn state shoe. but id easily take them over the cave purples. they look like a comic book character shoe. its all to each their own though, but I dont see how yall rock with most of these pretty generic, cheesy looking, colorways. i would go with the off the wall crazy look (animal hair, floral, some sort of ext) than these extra generic looking joints. *shrug

This is my thinking also.  For some reason, I really dig the design.  I'm just happy it was easy to get my pair

Agreed!

I hope people feel like this on all other future KD 7 releases.

Maybe they should make the Florals and Aunt Pearl's with a pony hair base too?

^ not to mention, that there are times where the mobile countdown and the laptop countdown aren't in sync. I've seen them off by as much as 20 seconds.
same thing.  that's because there is a difference of 20 seconds in the time settings between a users phone and their desktop.  The countdown display is all based on your local settings but it doesn't become live until Nike's setting reaches 0

I didn't realize that was the issue, until this thread. But my phone and laptop don't have consistent gaps (sometimes 1.6 seconds, sometime 17 seconds), so I wonder if my devices are resetting their times on their own.

Last edited:
The people saying the pony hairs are dope are the same people that said the cave purples where whack. Lol, im just sitting back and shaking my head.
yup, them cave purples is whack minus the posite part, that part is cool, the rest of the shoe is hot garbage but like my man's @bonafide hustla  said the biggest appeal other than the EXT tag and materials is that it's a Longhorn State shoe, for someone that's partied a lot in Austin on 6th street, grew up about an hr north of there, and my home is the Lone Star State, this ext was a must

Agreed!

I hope people feel like this on all other future KD 7 releases.

Maybe they should make the Florals and Aunt Pearl's with a pony hair base too?
the florals will be interesting, crazy that last yrs go for like $250
sick.gif

yup, them cave purples is whack minus the posite part, that part is cool, the rest of the shoe is hot garbage but like my man's @bonafide hustla
 said the biggest appeal other than the EXT tag and materials is that it's a Longhorn State shoe, for someone that's partied a lot in Austin on 6th street, grew up about an hr north of there, and my home is the Lone Star State, this ext was a must

the florals will be interesting, crazy that last yrs go for like $250 :x

Yeah! That KD VI EXT Floral started my KD VI quest!

Curious to see how the Florals will look like this year! Has it been confirmed that an EXT Floral will be available for the 7s?

redrum3281 redrum3281 bruh, if anybody feels you right now, it's me. The experience when I was still in school was crazy. The Austin experience is definitely unique. It's still crazy, tho. ha. but yea between these and the Texas KD VIs, I feel like KD/Nike did a solid job of capturing/staying somewhat true to a fan base. Plus I was still in school out here when KD gave us his year, and this brings back that time. pretty nostalgic shoe. *que violin playing...ha, but yea with all that said, I actually rock with animal print on shoes, and these look good to me based on the pics.

so #salute to Nike/KD for taking care of us Texans. and I'm just glad I didn't have to stress over getting a pair like some of this other limited ext jazz has gone down

Last edited:
I didn't realize that was the issue, until this thread. But my phone and laptop don't have consistent gaps (sometimes 1.6 seconds, sometime 17 seconds), so I wonder if my devices are resetting their times on their own.
Your computer time is probably set to your router via your IP and your mobile through cellular tower.  Chances are they are close to the same source.

I think its a problem not enough people talk about because a 1 or 2 second time difference on a JB Retro or any other hot shoe release, will make the difference between scoring or striking out

Last edited:
Cave purples ARE whack! :lol: ...minus the part Redrum mentioned.

Im not from Dont mess with Texas, but I like animal print stuff (especially big cat prints), love the KD 7 sneaker, so easy decision.

I bought the pony hair joints. I actually don't have any other KD's, although this is the first time in years I've actually liked the design, despite straps normally being a deal breaker. I just like different textures and materials, so these are cool to me. I think they'll look good with jeans and my shearling lined leather jacket.

You can't add to cart until xx:00:00 on Nike's server's end, so it doesn't matter what the client side (your computer clock, your phone clock, etc) says.  You can turn the clock off days/hours/minutes in advance with a simple piece of JS (or even just set your computer clock ahead) and have access to the sizes and add to cart button, but it gives you an error message until the timer ends on the server side when you try to add to cart.

Now I imagine some people out there know ways to ATC early but that's past my knowledge 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom