**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I want to like Jay Rock and feel like I should but i can't. Anyone else notice how he's offbeat most of the time? Drives me crazy. Couldn't mess with any of his albums

Jay Rock is dope, it's just that he's more of a "traditional" rapper in a sea of rappers that don't really rap, with fans who don't like rap much themselves. That's what makes TDE dope, cause they all bring something different.

Last edited:
Hold up...

"GOD"

You can't tell me that's not aimed the "6 God".

Really listen to it. LISTEN. "I wanna see sometimes if you ignore it..."

[emoji]129300[/emoji]:nerd:

What's crazy about TDE is Jay was supposed to be the One but Kenny and Q ending up getting the juice.

He said Drake is El DeBarge with finger waves. :nerd:

el-debarge-3-sized.jpg

He said Drake is El DeBarge with finger waves. :nerd:

el-debarge-3-sized.jpg

Myself and some of my people were zooted listening to the album and my boy said the first verse was Kendrick rapping as Drake. First I was like >D then I listened again and paid more attention to the second verse, had me like [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Critical Acclaim > Sales to me

This album just happens to be successful with both. DAMN :pimp:

Lolol I crack up when people bring up critical acclaim like that **** is an opinion at the end of the day so their reviews are solidified. Critics = people = flawed views = opinions. If you like it you like it. If you dont you dont. All the other stuff shouldn't matter to you..

Tell me somethin'
You **********s can't tell me nothin'
I'd rather die than to listen to you
My DNA not for imitation
Your DNA an abomination

I got loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA

:pimp: That talk

I've tasked myself with building an alternate story playlist using GKMC, TPAB, and DAMN. So many of the songs in his discography fit perfectly together, even if they're from different projects. ("Duckworth" fits with GKMC, "The Blacker the Berry" fits with DAMN, "Hood Politics" with GKMC...etc)

The theme I'm going for is fame, inner demons/depression, and then into ultimate downfall. So tracks like FEAR., How Much a Dollar Cost, u, and BLOOD. Will be towards the end.

I'll share what I come up with for feedback.

I've tasked myself with building an alternate story playlist using GKMC, TPAB, and DAMN. So many of the songs in his discography fit perfectly together, even if they're from different projects. ("Duckworth" fits with GKMC, "The Blacker the Berry" fits with DAMN, "Hood Politics" with GKMC...etc)

The theme I'm going for is fame, inner demons/depression, and then into ultimate downfall. So tracks like FEAR., How Much a Dollar Cost, u, and BLOOD. Will be towards the end.

I'll share what I come up with for feedback.

I'd like the playlist when you're done.

I already made a compilation playlist:

Wesley's Theory
***** Don't Kill My Vibe
Untitled 07 (Levitate)
ADHD
FEAR
Untitled 02
King Kunta
Ignorance is Bliss
U
Money Trees
ELEMENT.
The Blacker the Berry
XXX
MADD City
Rigormotus
LOYALTY.
Poetic Justice
LUST.
These Walls
LOVE.
The Recipe
DUCKWORTH.
Compton
Backseat Freestyle
HUMBLE.
Hiiipower
Feel
Alright
How Much a Dollar Cost
GOD.
DNA.
BLOOD.

Sounds pretty good.

Last edited:
Nice ! I'm gonna check that playlist out. Looks kinda similar to what I had in mind at the end. I'm thinking about splitting mine up into 3 parts.

Nice ! I'm gonna check that playlist out. Looks kinda similar to what I had in mind at the end. I'm thinking about splitting mine up into 3 parts.

You definitely can. First 1/3 is vibes, 2nd 1/3 is slaps, last 1/3 is all around mood.

I already made a compilation playlist:

Wesley's Theory
***** Don't Kill My Vibe
Untitled 07 (Levitate)
ADHD
FEAR
Untitled 02
King Kunta
Ignorance is Bliss
U
Money Trees
ELEMENT.
The Blacker the Berry
XXX
MADD City
Rigormotus
LOYALTY.
Poetic Justice
LUST.
These Walls
LOVE.
The Recipe
DUCKWORTH.
Compton
Backseat Freestyle
HUMBLE.
Hiiipower
Feel
Alright
How Much a Dollar Cost
GOD.
DNA.
BLOOD.

Sounds pretty good.

Playing now. Repped.

What's crazy about TDE is Jay was supposed to be the One but Kenny and Q ending up getting the juice.

I hated Q because I heard hands on the wheel, man of the year, and hell of a night first and I was like this dude is bad he just has dope beats. Then I heard studio and I'm like ok let me see if he has any more smooth songs like that. Ran through oxy and once I heard break the bank it was a wrap. Looking forward to his new project this year.

Back
Top Bottom