**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Think people forget white people were hanging hard working brothers who wore suits. In no situation have they ever respected black people. The fact these fools wouldn't even let us drink from the same water fountain shows that they are pieces of ****.

Can't trust people who were killing themselves because the stock market crashed. Don't even value the beauty of life.....let me stop

And all Banner is saying is that black people have been taught that black people are worthless for so long by racist white society that they believe it now, same as the racist cops that run around killing black people like it's nothing. Like I said, white supremacy and racism is a mental disorder, it's a diseased way of thinking, that's what Banner is saying.

Kendrick is saying that white daddy won't respect black people until black people respect black people, which based on the history of the world is pure ********. History shows that white people have had a superiority complex since the beginning of black and white people, period.

Last edited:
Definitely looking forward to this album GKMC def a future classic(if  not considered one already) blacker the berrygot me anxious see what else he has on here

Just listened to this song and I love it, such a hard edge to it. I don't agree with what he said in the last few lines and that complex interview at all. However I'm not gonna let that ruin what is otherwise a really good song that I hope means another fire album from him

Maybe you missed my last sentence.

White supremacy is NEVER GOING TO RESPECT you regardless of what you do. 

Yes...black genocide and the new jim crow absolutely needs to end...but not to get "their" respect. Do you not understand how bat **** crazy it is to be asking for respect that they've never given you and never will give you?

And hell...gang violence is a byproduct of the same system you're "asking" for respect from. That's bizarre. 
^this
Who is this We?

So do you consider it respect when you make broad generalizations about ALL black people?

some black people don't respect themselves
some white people don't respect themselves
some women don't respect themselves
some men don't respect themselves
some Asian people don't respect themselves
and so on and so forth

We are not a monolith, and we should not talk like we are one. We get treated as one, but that doesn't mean we should refer to ourselves as one.
^that
Exactly, back in the 50's and 60's we had all of that.

and did they respect us?

The bar will continue to get moved.

Chicago just had it's lowest murder rate in 40 years last year, but somehow it became a talking point of how bad black people are. Why? Did anyone even look at the numbers? Black people didn't even look in to the bull they were being fed and started spreading the same.
^and that

Since the day when white people first set foot in Africa and threw Africans onto the slave ships, the respect was NEVER there. What did black people do before slavery to deserve being treated like animals? Cmon man
indifferent.gif

The idea of white supremacy that's been ingrained in people's minds since slave times is like a disease. Racial superiority is a disease. It's a mental disorder, a sickness. Fixing anything in the black community isn't gonna make pieces of **** who actually believe that their skin makes them superior, stop being pieces of ****. Yall gotta wake up man.

I agree that stopping violence in black communities is important, mainly because stopping violence in any community is important, and especially important in the black community where we're already dealing with white people attacking us out of plain hatred. But bottom line, the hatred from white people started way before black people were "******* up", and unless THEY change something in THEMSELVES, it'll continue even when black people "get it right". Irrational hate for black people is THEIR problem. THEY created it, and THEY need to fix themselves.

And you black folks that think you need to be better so you can be good enough for white daddy, or hate on other black folks but love white people, or actually believe that white people are born smarter or better or any of that ********, you need to fix yourselves too.
There was slavery in Africa prior to Europeans going there, though.  There's been slavery throughout the history of mankind, it's not a white thing.

There was slavery in Africa prior to Europeans going there, though.  There's been slavery throughout the history of mankind, it's not a white thing.
People love to do this **** to deflect.

There is NOTHING comparable to the transatlantic slave trade. NOTHING.

If you wanna learn something and know specifically what the differences were I'll be happy to break that down for you.

Last edited:
Dudes in here really caping :lol: If you read his billboard interview he pretty much using a similar line of thinking.

My thing is ****** banging know exactly what they signed up for when they jump off the porch, getting locked up or killed is all in the game. Comparing dudes willingly killing each other to a innocent black teen getting gunned down in the suburbs due to racial profiling is ignorant as hell IMO.

Last edited:
Dudes in here really caping :lol: If you read his billboard interview he pretty much using a similar line of thinking.

My thing is ****** banging know exactly what they signed up for when they jump off the porch, getting locked up or killed is all in the game. Comparing dudes willingly killing each other to a innocent black teen getting gunned down in the suburbs due to racial profiling is ignorant as hell IMO.

Nah, bruh.

Those cats gang banging know exactly what they signed up for when they jump off the porch, but what they're signing up for is to become Darren Wilson, to become George Zimmerman.

Last edited:
The bottom line is, blacks are conditioned to to submit to white people and it is UNFATHOMABLE to me! If I want to sag my pants or speak ebonics, who are you to tell me how to go about life? That's the problem and I see it everyday and it'so incomprehensible. As a 27 year old black man myself, it disgusts me seeing dudes glorify drug dealing and drug usage. That stuff has DECIMATED black families and these dudes perpetuate it. When I talk to my relatives and a few friends, they are so content and defeated. It's to the point where they're all loss and have no confidence within. It's mind boggling. Blacks should have their own industries, more black schools, etc. You've got wealthy black people who'd rather invest their money in nonsense, instead of building things like schools, or even growing healthier crops. Black people consume the most fast food and junk food, and are happy with that crap! People need to wake up, start believing in thrmselves and realize that you don't have to try and appease anyone. To many minds within the black community are dormant and absent of independent thinking. I don't understand how you can be employed by corporations for decades, watch your boss live good, go an extravagant vacations, and be happy with a mediocre life and retirement plan. But again, most Black families live by the "As long as my bills are paid, I'm happy"... :smh:

People love to do this **** to deflect.

There is NOTHING comparable to the transatlantic slave trade. NOTHING.

If you wanna learn something and know specifically what the differences were I'll be happy to break that down for you.
I wasn't deflecting at all.  That guy said what did black people do to deserve being sold into slavery.  I was just saying all races have been slaves.  Obviously not comparable to the transatlantic slave trade, but it's not just a black thing.  

I wasn't deflecting at all.  That guy said what did black people do to deserve being sold into slavery.  I was just saying all races have been slaves.  Obviously not comparable to the transatlantic slave trade, but it's not just a black thing.  

dudes are talking about slavery and black infrastructure in this thread..... This topic came about due to lyrics in a song.... this is why Kendrick is slowly becoming the most important artist in rap right now.
smokin.gif

dudes are talking about slavery and black infrastructure in this thread..... This topic came about due to lyrics in a song.... this is why Kendrick is slowly becoming the most important artist in rap right now. :smokin

Iggy makes people have the same type of discussions.

If it's for negative reasons - it's not the same. We could've been having united discussions about this stuff if he didn't kill the message of the song in that last verse. Instead people are bickering about the same stuff as always.

Is it just me, or has Kendrick been losing his "buzz"? With no release date for his album, it seems like people are putting K.Dot on the back burner.

Kendrick lost me a while back.

Something about this new **** seems forced. Plus, he's not the first rapper to be openly conscious with his material, but people act like he's the first to do it for some reason.

Talib been giving y'all that for over a decade now.

Untitled just dropped in 08 too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom