**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Kendrick lost me a while back.

Something about this new **** seems forced. Plus, he's not the first rapper to be openly conscious with his material, but people act like he's the first to do it for some reason.

Talib been giving y'all that for over a decade now.

Untitled just dropped in 08 too...

Kendrick isn't the first but he's the only one in mainstream whos done it consistently, not to mention Talib being the age he is, doesn't reflect on the youth as much as K dot is and that's a huge part also.

As far as it being forced idk where you got that from this dude been talking like this since the KL LP, the sound of the music and instrumentation has just been tweaked.

And he didn't kill any message at all, the message of the song is clear, whites have systematically tried to destroy blacks since America's inception. Black people have to realize that and also take accountability for the actions in there own neighborhoods.

He's stated NUMEROUS times that he's making songs speaking directly to those in Compton, those in the cells, the fact of the matter is those guys NEED to here someone from their own background callin them out on the ******** also.

I personally like KDot's new stuff and he hasn't lost any buzz to me.  But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  The music is organic and takes time to cook up.  

Most of you guys have been so brainwashed into the American Microwave society, where an artist has to constantly put out music, that you take for granted artist who actually take their time with the craft and come from some place genuine.  I actually like his approach, reminds me of artist like Outkast.

Most of the artist who do this microwave method put out music that is lackluster, and talk about the same things (which 99% of the time is self centered swag raps that don't focus on real issues that people who don't live that lifestyle are really going through).

And to the guy with the Iggy comment come on really when has Iggy ever made someone have conversations like this.  I understand where you are coming from due to ethnicity, and how Cole addressed the same sentiment on that Fire Squad record, but that comment is so far off basis its ludicrous.

No matter what angle you look at it, Iggy doesn't invoke those type of conversations.  And the reason people bicker about the same stuff as always, is due to the fact nothing has changed and won't change for a while.

What if this guy drops in 2016?

So like 4 years after his debut he can drop a sophomore record. That's a brave *** move from dot.

I personally like KDot's new stuff and he hasn't lost any buzz to me.  But everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  The music is organic and takes time to cook up.  ​

Most of you guys have been so brainwashed into the American Microwave society, where an artist has to constantly put out music, that you take for granted artist who actually take their time with the craft and come from some place genuine.  I actually like his approach, reminds me of artist like Outkast.​

Most of the artist who do this microwave method put out music that is lackluster, and talk about the same things (which 99% of the time is self centered swag raps that don't focus on real issues that people who don't live that lifestyle are really going through).​

And to the guy with the Iggy comment come on really when has Iggy ever made someone have conversations like this.  I understand where you are coming from due to ethnicity, and how Cole addressed the same sentiment on that Fire Squad record, but that comment is so far off basis its ludicrous.​

No matter what angle you look at it, Iggy doesn't invoke those type of conversations.  And the reason people bicker about the same stuff as always, is due to the fact nothing has changed and won't change for a while.​

I agree with the microwave stuff. Rappers are looked down upon if they take a couple years to work on their craft and decide where they want to take their career. Never seen that with singers, film makers, comedians, authors, etc. People are too worried about "relevance" vs. the actual art.

Can't agree with what you're saying about Iggy. Iggy has sparked conversation about cultural appropriation, the origins of hip-hop, how white people/media view black culture, the history of female rappers, etc. Probably thousands of articles have been written about the subject. Those are extremely important conversations. It's an on-going problem in America with media and culture.

SHE sparked that debate. Does that mean she deserves props? Or any sort of pat in the back? Absolutely not. She forced that conversation down our throat by being willfully ignorant and being showered with mainstream praise.

It's not exactly the same but Kendrick sparked this debate by making a stupid comment on Complex then following it up with a verse relating to that comment. He deserves no props for that at all.

What are you guys talking about man?

3 years after debut album and no new projects? No artist (musician/actor/painter) takes that long after a debut project.

Time and quality have no correlation unless you were a person lacking enough substance to keep going to begin with.

Biggest example is his inspiration, pac.

KDot lost his buzz? You all would be surprise. As for me, I've been waiting, 3 years went fast and I an eager now that we have words that it's about to drop this 1st quarter!? My body is ready. Besides that, I still bump all his other tracks consistently.

3 years after debut album and no new projects? No artist (musician/actor/painter) takes that long after a debut project.

Time and quality have no correlation unless you were a person lacking enough substance to keep going to begin with.

:smh:

The hell are you talking about?

Lol yo I'm as much of a fan of kdot as anyone here. My favourite artist. But I have to criticize him. No one does that to their fans. Dude went on a sabbatical after his first major work.

Again those who believe music or inspiration or projects need 2 years to develop are lying to themselves.

Maybe I'm just feinin too hard. Much success to the dude, I hope he blesses us.

Lol yo I'm as much of a fan of kdot as anyone here. My favourite artist. But I have to criticize him. No one does that to their fans. Dude went on a sabbatical after his first major work.

Again those who believe music or inspiration or projects need 2 years to develop are lying to themselves.

I feel you on that. But at the end of the day, as long as I get something with the same quality level of GKMC/S80 or higher, he can do what ever he needs to make it happen.
The real evidence will be in the music. And as it seems so far, dude put alot of effort into it. So, i'll wait as long as it aint a Detox J Elec. debut typa wait.

Last edited:
Dudes comparing K Dot to Outkast...
mean.gif

2 years from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik to ATLiens. 

2 years from Illmatic to It Was Written. 

One year from Me Against the World to All Eyez on Me.

It shouldn't take 3 years to follow up on a debut. Unless he's scared to fail with the material. 

You realize the guy in your avy took more then 2 years to drop his follow up to his debut album right?

That's like the break Nas had from 96 to 99 with It Was Written and I am, but the difference is he was part of The Firm album which dropped in 98. 

K Dot should have more material heating up the game.

Is it just me, or has Kendrick been losing his "buzz"? With no release date for his album, it seems like people are putting K.Dot on the back burner.

^I don't think thats the case at all.

Kendrick lost me a while back.

Something about this new **** seems forced. Plus, he's not the first rapper to be openly conscious with his material, but people act like he's the first to do it for some reason.

Talib been giving y'all that for over a decade now.

Untitled just dropped in 08 too...

I somewhat agree :/

Kendrick is one of the few mainstream rappers to pull it off. Talib is a vet but he was always associated with the backpackers and never had the appeal or the machine behind him. Nas on the other hand is probably the premier mainstream rapper with substance but Untitled came later in his career. Kendrick is the face of a new generation and has the proper backing. That's just how it plays out sometimes.

Last edited:

Hip-Hop is the only genre where the ridiculous notion exists that if you don't put out and album every year somehow you will "fall off" and become irrelevant to your fanbase. It's simply not true.

Dudes comparing K Dot to Outkast...:smh:

2 years from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik to ATLiens. 

2 years from Illmatic to It Was Written. 

One year from Me Against the World to All Eyez on Me.

It shouldn't take 3 years to follow up on a debut. Unless he's scared to fail with the material. 

Or maybe which is very likely is that dude simply is an artist who cares about his craft and wants to produce the best body of work possible. There is nothing wrong with that at all. :lol: at Kendrick being scared to fail.

Back
Top Bottom