**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

bruh this video is a waste of time. It doesnt' say anything that isn't blatently obvious by the songs it reference. At no point do they delve into hidden messages or entendre's or analogies or anything....they give long explanations of obvious lyrics.

kendrick isnt' that deep
You think he isn't ? Well I suppose that's a good thing he isn't "that" deep but his music videos beg to differ.

I guess if you' can't relate to him, it isn't deep.
It is a good thing to not be deep but yet be deep to there. If his music can hit your soul, that's deep to me.

Last edited:
Besides that, we have Lupe who is as deep and vastly lyrical but his points may skim across peoples head.

Deep or blatant..

reps to both of you dudes. That's great perspective and i agree.
Deep is kind of a subjective term and deep definitely doesn't = good.

But trust when you need 10 minutes to break down 4 bars.... . To me mural is a masterpiece of a rap song....it still to this day blows me away just what was done on the song. But coming from Lupe...to Aesop Rock...to Sage Francis....to POS having to decipher lyrics is a fun hobby of mine and when people are like Kendrick is deep im always like HOLD UP....but i def see what you are saying

Last edited:
For sure, deep is subjective.

I always think of Big Krit when he says, "I can't listen to it if it doesn't touch my soul."

I'll take a look at that video once I get home. Thanks for the reference. Lupes Testuo Youth is always one of my favorite, amazing album.

smokin.gif

in da whip with da windows down, high volume, speeding

tumblr_nummwvTQIT1svcucyo2_500.gif
Bruh
roll.gif

Just caught 'The Last Dragon' reference in the DNA video with them shooting dice :wow:. This dude is the GOAT.

Bet. He SKATED on Money Trees...I been meaning to check out his other work

Def check out easy bake. I enjoyed 90059 a lot but he def held back on that. Also check out anything black hippy put out the way they flow off each other is great

Last edited:
It's close...but I'll take the OG.

I was surprised by how good Money Trees Deuce was, though.

90059 is a great album. Gumbo so damn smoove.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom