**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

This a real gem for only the real ones. For all the influentials who idolize the young thugs, moneybag yo, 21 savage, etc. Peep this young man Kendrick who really grew up in the hood out here LA but chose to stay on the sidewalk. Stayin on the sidewalk and he was still able to become a master in his craft and become one of the best to do it. He promotes the opposite of what he grew up in. Created his own west coast followers then snatched up some of common’s, most def, etc while at it! :lol: That’s called growth and evolution.:pimp:

The point of this message is that just because you grew up in, near or watched a gang of hood movies doesn’t mean you have to perpetuate via wax D’evils. Learn to grow up and evolve. It won’t kill you *pun intended*

I can assure you it’s a reason Kendrick not getting stabbed in his neck several times at his concerts backstage or shot up numerous times while at baskin robinns or having his nice home in eastvale raided at 0200.

Iamjusayn

This a real gem for only the real ones. For all the influentials who idolize the young thugs, moneybag yo, 21 savage, etc. Peep this young man Kendrick who really grew up in the hood out here LA but chose to stay on the sidewalk. Stayin on the sidewalk and he was still able to become a master in his craft and become one of the best to do it. He promotes the opposite of what he grew up in. Created his own west coast followers then snatched up some of common’s, most def, etc while at it! :lol: That’s called growth and evolution.:pimp:

The point of this message is that just because you grew up in, near or watched a gang of hood movies doesn’t mean you have to perpetuate via wax D’evils. Learn to grow up and evolve. It won’t kill you *pun intended*

I can assure you it’s a reason Kendrick not getting stabbed in his neck several times at his concerts backstage or shot up numerous times while at baskin robinns or having his nice home in eastvale raided at 0200.

Iamjusayn
Last part wasn’t needed
And he don’t even live in Eastvale

Man, this video is so awesome. Highly entertaining

As for Auntie Diaries, I basically agree with everything this tweet said (posted earlier)

No it isn't like 100% politically correct, I guess, but the effort to tell this story and advocate this position in a historically homophobic industry speaks volumes. Someone said Kendrick didn't have to make this song at all. It's trailblazing, honestly, advocating for trans people not too far removed from people like Game and Eminem saying the f-word casually in studio albums.

Regarding him saying the f-word, I don't see how people can't figure out that he's quoting his younger self. He immediately says he's in middle school saying those things and ends the song referring to the slur as "f-bombs."

I'm a straight, white man so I can't get too deep on who should say what, but I thought it was a really admirable effort from Kendrick to make this song.

Screen_Recording_20220514-234254_Twitter_1.gif

Father Time & Mother I sober are my two most listened tracks because of the feeling.

The pharrell prod track, and the three intro tracks on disc 1 are the rapper go tos for me.

I can't really say just how good this album is right now. It is very good but i don't want to throw out that it is transcendent quite yet. But man is it refreshing to hear some one put time and effort into an album.

But those two tracks. Father time and Mother I Sober basically NEED to be heard. Like if you know a human being you should listen to these two songs.

But once I feel I get a full grasp of the full album as far as the mental health journey and how one actually navigates it and how each song is incorporated into the larger story...then i will feel better about putting this album literally in my top 20 all time.

edit: Pac > 3K. Pac stood for something. Pac was a voice. That will always transcend for me.

Meanwhile Big Boi has actual consistent solo albums and dope compilations.
3k is an amazing MC but it is insane to me how unmentioned Big Boi is when he has verses on 90% of 3k’s catalog. And continued to have huge bangers post Outkast - Kryptonite, In the A… Meanwhile 3k pops up with a verse he had 4 years to write and gets top 5 DOA mentions :lol:

But back to Kendrick. Still haven’t finished the album to be honest. Tried twice and got up to Count Me Out both times. Left field comparison but this reminds me of Royce da 5’9 Book of Ryan. It’s more “art”/passion project than music and I need to be in the right mood to listen to it. Picked out a couple tracks to play on their own. But from what I’ve heard this might be my least favorite listen.

Honestly, people complaining about his take on aunt diaries and sayings it politically incorrect or we need moaaar about trans viewpoint , need to move on with their life.

Dot made a song with commentary about his life and his own experiences with trans/gay yet people are up in arms that it doesn’t reflect their story. Like dog why don’t you go make an album and talk about whatever you want. It’s ridiculous at this point.

Anyways this is my favourite kdot album. I feel it captures his growth and coincidentally mine as well since we’re the same age, perfectly.

I love outward Kendrick and his takes on the world through amazing lyrics and stories but this joint is super inward. It’s very reflective of him which at first listen feels like it doesn’t give you that face scrunch…by listen 5-6 it’s a whole different atmosphere.

Listened to hip hop all my life and i can't front, the older I've gotten the more out of touch I've gotten. Funny cause of course I've heard of Kendrick and some of his joints but nothing ever really grabbed my attention. Popped this on and feel so old and outta touch :lol:

Album is cool but seems so over my head, those days might be over ... enjoy youngsters, you'll see what i mean ...

I'd like to recant my earlier statement about this being over my head. Just gave another listen :smokin

Definitely sounded better on the commute home with some greenery :smokin

Back
Top Bottom