Official KINGS vs WIZARDS Post Vol. The 'REKE Havoc show on ESPN 7:00pm PST

Tyreke Evans
a361498cb7513813e55e39a7aea9ddf6c08b49.gif

Wow. I can't even believe how that went down. Just when Gil was showing his old self he blows a chance to prove he's back. Got to give props toTyreke though. He's my ROY so far. Damn the Wizards suck though. !@%$ is hard to watch. They stay findin ways to lose.

Originally Posted by ryaneff23

Wow. I can't even believe how that went down. Just when Gil was showing his old self he blows a chance to prove he's back. Got to give props to Tyreke though. He's my ROY so far. Damn the Wizards suck though. !@%$ is hard to watch. They stay findin ways to lose.

sums up my thoughts completely.

shouts to evans, hes ROY to me for carrying this team.

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ bum $$# spencer Hawes finally getting a dunk. Good job coachWestpaul for sending him a message and only playing him for 1 quarter...

Tyreke has been amazing... Loved him since I was at Memphis. Congrats on picking him up he's been a great draft pick.

I just still don't understand why Memphis didn't draft him. It would've gave them the leverage to trade away OJ or Rudy if it didn't work outand could've added some more depth to the team. This league is based on perimeter play mostly and I will never know what caused Memphis to choose Thabeetover Evans. I know what Thabeet "suppose" to bring to the table, but I still don't see his impact being greater than Tyreke in the long haul.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I just still don't understand why Memphis didn't draft him. It would've gave them the leverage to trade away OJ or Rudy if it didn't work out and could've added some more depth to the team. This league is based on perimeter play mostly and I will never know what caused Memphis to choose Thabeet over Evans. I know what Thabeet "suppose" to bring to the table, but I still don't see his impact being greater than Tyreke in the long haul.
I'll try to be nice here. But we are talking about the Memphis Grizzlies. After trading away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown it was hard to like themanagement and owner. Sure, they got Marc Gasol too, but at the time it made no sense. The Rudy Gay for Shane Battier also looked bad at the time. Sure, RudyGay has been playing very well now. But the thing is this, at the time with Pau Gasol and Battier, the Grizzlies were a perennial playoff team and currentlythey are in the process of trying to be that. Those trades, while helping the Grizzlies years later, automatically pushed the Lakers and Rockets to anotherlevel. Yes, Battier is that valuable to the Rockets.

Now in regards to actually drafting Thabeet over Evans, management and the owner have too much faith in Mike Conley. OJ Mayo at least produced his rookie year,but Conley argubably wasn't even better than their former back-up Kyle Lowry. Another Rockets steal by the way.

Finally, Allen Iverson had to come off the bench because of Conley.
tongue.gif
Conley could be a very solid PG in the future, but his potential ceiling is just not that high Best of luck to the dude, but his back-up once again could bebetter than him.

Made no sense with conley and OJ.

like ^ said, conleys an bum (but hes been shaping up) while OJ was holding his ground last year. OJ/Reke are sort of the same type of players, although reke ismore athletic, better court vision, and drives to the hoop way better.

i dont think they expected gasol to develop the way he did, although we all knew he was the goods.

Reke-Mayo would have been an great backcourt though. thing is, drafting the same position players never works out. love/al jeff, love only broke out once jeffgot injured. Reke didnt have an huge impact until Kmart got injured.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

I just still don't understand why Memphis didn't draft him. It would've gave them the leverage to trade away OJ or Rudy if it didn't work out and could've added some more depth to the team. This league is based on perimeter play mostly and I will never know what caused Memphis to choose Thabeet over Evans. I know what Thabeet "suppose" to bring to the table, but I still don't see his impact being greater than Tyreke in the long haul.
I'll try to be nice here. But we are talking about the Memphis Grizzlies. After trading away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown it was hard to like the management and owner. Sure, they got Marc Gasol too, but at the time it made no sense. The Rudy Gay for Shane Battier also looked bad at the time. Sure, Rudy Gay has been playing very well now. But the thing is this, at the time with Pau Gasol and Battier, the Grizzlies were a perennial playoff team and currently they are in the process of trying to be that. Those trades, while helping the Grizzlies years later, automatically pushed the Lakers and Rockets to another level. Yes, Battier is that valuable to the Rockets.

Now in regards to actually drafting Thabeet over Evans, management and the owner have too much faith in Mike Conley. OJ Mayo at least produced his rookie year, but Conley argubably wasn't even better than their former back-up Kyle Lowry. Another Rockets steal by the way.

tongue.gif
Conley could be a very solid PG in the future, but his potential ceiling is just not that high Best of luck to the dude, but his back-up once again could be better than him.

Memphis had one of the highest payrolls in the league back during their playoff years. They weren't getting anywhere with Pau Gasol as their no.1 option.What good was it having high paid Mike Miller, Pau Gasol, etc. when during the year they traded for Rudy they were on their way to the lottery again anyways?It was time to move on because those two weren't going to cut it. That's when the 3-year plan came about which they are now in year 2 of and itslooking good. Pau is a great 2nd option, but if he was still here he would be the 1st option over Rudy.

That trade is over and done with and its starting to look better and better as each season passes. No one in Memphis liked Pau in the first place because hewas so soft. You can ask any Memphis fan right now who they would prefer and they would take Z-Bo over Gasol because Randolph plays with toughness. Plus,he's not being a bonehead like his previous years. If Memphis still had Pau, they would not have their center in Marc, nor OJ and they would more thanlikely still be a highly paid team with Miller and Cardinal. Having a high salaried losing franchise is alot worse than a low-salary, young, losing franchiseon the come up.

Conley was better than Lowry. Alot better. That's why they traded Lowry away. If you see the things Conley has been doing lately, you would know why. Lowryis defintiely a glorified back-up, but Conley is a 21-year old who has finally start playing better as of late. Who knows how well he will play later in theseason, but he's definitely doing what Memphis needs him to be doing. We don't need Conley to dish out 10 assists a night. We need him to attack when aplayer doesn't develop and push the ball which is what he's been doing since the month of December. Lowry was always out of control and he definitelyhurts you more tahn he helps you.

The main thing I don't like about the Conley/OJ backup is size. Conley at 6'1 and OJ at 6'4 with no wingspan isn't going to work long-term. OJis better off guarding the Parker's, Paul's, and Deron Williams than guarding the Kobe's, Joe Johnson's, Kevin Martins, etc.

I'll try to be nice here. But we are talking about the Memphis Grizzlies. After trading away Pau Gasol for Kwame Brown it was hard to like the management and owner. Sure, they got Marc Gasol too, but at the time it made no sense. The Rudy Gay for Shane Battier also looked bad at the time. Sure, Rudy Gay has been playing very well now. But the thing is this, at the time with Pau Gasol and Battier, the Grizzlies were a perennial playoff team and currently they are in the process of trying to be that. Those trades, while helping the Grizzlies years later, automatically pushed the Lakers and Rockets to another level. Yes, Battier is that valuable to the Rockets.

Now in regards to actually drafting Thabeet over Evans, management and the owner have too much faith in Mike Conley. OJ Mayo at least produced his rookie year, but Conley argubably wasn't even better than their former back-up Kyle Lowry. Another Rockets steal by the way.

tongue.gif
Conley could be a very solid PG in the future, but his potential ceiling is just not that high Best of luck to the dude, but his back-up once again could be better than him.

Memphis had one of the highest payrolls in the league back during their playoff years. They weren't getting anywhere with Pau Gasol as their no.1 option. What good was it having high paid Mike Miller, Pau Gasol, etc. when during the year they traded for Rudy they were on their way to the lottery again anyways? It was time to move on because those two weren't going to cut it. That's when the 3-year plan came about which they are now in year 2 of and its looking good. Pau is a great 2nd option, but if he was still here he would be the 1st option over Rudy.

That trade is over and done with and its starting to look better and better as each season passes. No one in Memphis liked Pau in the first place because he was so soft. You can ask any Memphis fan right now who they would prefer and they would take Z-Bo over Gasol because Randolph plays with toughness. Plus, he's not being a bonehead like his previous years. If Memphis still had Pau, they would not have their center in Marc, nor OJ and they would more than likely still be a highly paid team with Miller and Cardinal. Having a high salaried losing franchise is alot worse than a low-salary, young, losing franchise on the come up.

Conley was better than Lowry. Alot better. That's why they traded Lowry away. If you see the things Conley has been doing lately, you would know why. Lowry is defintiely a glorified back-up, but Conley is a 21-year old who has finally start playing better as of late. Who knows how well he will play later in the season, but he's definitely doing what Memphis needs him to be doing. We don't need Conley to dish out 10 assists a night. We need him to attack when a player doesn't develop and push the ball which is what he's been doing since the month of December. Lowry was always out of control and he definitely hurts you more tahn he helps you.

The main thing I don't like about the Conley/OJ backup is size. Conley at 6'1 and OJ at 6'4 with no wingspan isn't going to work long-term. OJ is better off guarding the Parker's, Paul's, and Deron Williams than guarding the Kobe's, Joe Johnson's, Kevin Martins, etc.
What I got from your response is clear. The owner isn't paying for good professional players. Gasol, Miller, and Battier are probably three ofthe most professional basketball players in the league. Sure, they never had enough to do something in the playoffs, but how come they couldn't make acrazy trade and get someone great to get over the hump like the Lakers got with Gasol?

Gasol is/was soft. But wow, taking Randolph over him still? Lets ask some Lakers fans about that.
laugh.gif

It is ridiculous to say Conley was/is a lot better than Lowry. Lowry comes off the bench and gets similar numbers to a guy that starts. Ask Rockets fans outthere about how they feel about Lowry. Dude is a bulldog that takes a lot of contact and will attack and get to the line. You said you wanted Conley to attackand not dish, well, that's what Lowry does for life. Haha.

Why not make OJ play point?

The trade wasn't seasons ago now. Haha, it still hurts as a fan of a Western Conference team. Less than 2 seasons really... Yes, I am mad.

tongue.gif

Memphis had one of the highest payrolls in the league back during their playoff years. They weren't getting anywhere with Pau Gasol as their no.1 option. What good was it having high paid Mike Miller, Pau Gasol, etc. when during the year they traded for Rudy they were on their way to the lottery again anyways? It was time to move on because those two weren't going to cut it. That's when the 3-year plan came about which they are now in year 2 of and its looking good. Pau is a great 2nd option, but if he was still here he would be the 1st option over Rudy.

That trade is over and done with and its starting to look better and better as each season passes. No one in Memphis liked Pau in the first place because he was so soft. You can ask any Memphis fan right now who they would prefer and they would take Z-Bo over Gasol because Randolph plays with toughness. Plus, he's not being a bonehead like his previous years. If Memphis still had Pau, they would not have their center in Marc, nor OJ and they would more than likely still be a highly paid team with Miller and Cardinal. Having a high salaried losing franchise is alot worse than a low-salary, young, losing franchise on the come up.

Conley was better than Lowry. Alot better. That's why they traded Lowry away. If you see the things Conley has been doing lately, you would know why. Lowry is defintiely a glorified back-up, but Conley is a 21-year old who has finally start playing better as of late. Who knows how well he will play later in the season, but he's definitely doing what Memphis needs him to be doing. We don't need Conley to dish out 10 assists a night. We need him to attack when a player doesn't develop and push the ball which is what he's been doing since the month of December. Lowry was always out of control and he definitely hurts you more tahn he helps you.

The main thing I don't like about the Conley/OJ backup is size. Conley at 6'1 and OJ at 6'4 with no wingspan isn't going to work long-term. OJ is better off guarding the Parker's, Paul's, and Deron Williams than guarding the Kobe's, Joe Johnson's, Kevin Martins, etc.
What I got from your response is clear. The owner isn't paying for good professional players. Gasol, Miller, and Battier are probably three of the most professional basketball players in the league. Sure, they never had enough to do something in the playoffs, but how come they couldn't make a crazy trade and get someone great to get over the hump like the Lakers got with Gasol?

Gasol is/was soft. But wow, taking Randolph over him still? Lets ask some Lakers fans about that.
laugh.gif

It is ridiculous to say Conley was/is a lot better than Lowry. Lowry comes off the bench and gets similar numbers to a guy that starts. Ask Rockets fans out there about how they feel about Lowry. Dude is a bulldog that takes a lot of contact and will attack and get to the line. You said you wanted Conley to attack and not dish, well, that's what Lowry does for life. Haha.

The trade wasn't seasons ago now. Haha, it still hurts as a fan of a Western Conference team. Less than 2 seasons really... Yes, I am mad.
That's not it. The city of Memphis loved Battier and Miller. Miller was hurt too much and was more a liability on defense at 6'8 than OJat 6'4. Plus, Memphis had to give him up to get OJ who was more of a marketable player. Memphis got Rudy because they saw him becoming an all-star whichhe's doing. Battier was who he was and we loved him as a player too, but I'm happy with the production of Rudy.

And Gasol is of course a better overall player than Randolph. He's a better passer and block shots. But, for what Memphis wanted out of him, he didn'tgive it to us. There were times where people questioned Gasol's desire because he complained, played soft and let people push him over including Z-Bo. Whenyou playing with a team as talented as LAL, Gasol is definitely going to flourish.

If you've seen Conley play at his best, you would know that he's better than Lowry. I watched both of them play night in and night out and Lowry isgood what he does at providing energy, but Conley has alot more control. When Conley penetrates, he makes it look so easy and he doesn't make stupid plays.You do get alot of that out of Lowry at times. I wish we would've kept him as our backup, but even if Conley never reaches his potential, Lowrywouldn't have been better.

If I remember correctly, Pau was not even happy in Memphis the last year or two he was there. They had to trade a first round pick (which they've sincegotten back) bring in his best friend, Juan Carlos Navarro (who was decent) to make him happy.

tongue.gif

What I got from your response is clear. The owner isn't paying for good professional players. Gasol, Miller, and Battier are probably three of the most professional basketball players in the league. Sure, they never had enough to do something in the playoffs, but how come they couldn't make a crazy trade and get someone great to get over the hump like the Lakers got with Gasol?

laugh.gif

It is ridiculous to say Conley was/is a lot better than Lowry. Lowry comes off the bench and gets similar numbers to a guy that starts. Ask Rockets fans out there about how they feel about Lowry. Dude is a bulldog that takes a lot of contact and will attack and get to the line. You said you wanted Conley to attack and not dish, well, that's what Lowry does for life. Haha.

That's not it. The city of Memphis loved Battier and Miller. Miller was hurt too much and was more a liability on defense at 6'8 than OJ at 6'4. Plus, Memphis had to give him up to get OJ who was more of a marketable player. Memphis got Rudy because they saw him becoming an all-star which he's doing. Battier was who he was and we loved him as a player too, but I'm happy with the production of Rudy.

And Gasol is of course a better overall player than Randolph. He's a better passer and block shots. But, for what Memphis wanted out of him, he didn't give it to us. There were times where people questioned Gasol's desire because he complained, played soft and let people push him over including Z-Bo. When you playing with a team as talented as LAL, Gasol is definitely going to flourish.

If you've seen Conley play at his best, you would know that he's better than Lowry. I watched both of them play night in and night out and Lowry is good what he does at providing energy, but Conley has alot more control. When Conley penetrates, he makes it look so easy and he doesn't make stupid plays. You do get alot of that out of Lowry at times. I wish we would've kept him as our backup, but even if Conley never reaches his potential, Lowry wouldn't have been better.
It seems like you are trying to find an excuse or reason for why the Memphis Grizzlies got rid of their former top players. Former players thatactually got the team to the playoffs. While the current team is definitely exciting and much improved than last year's team, it will be tough for them tomake the playoffs this year still. So until they actually do, I can't agree that the Memphis Grizzlies made the right moves.

I am not quite sure what the Memphis Grizzlies were expecting out of Gasol when he pretty much was your MVP. Like you said, he is an awesome second option, sojust because he couldn't be a say a Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett doesn't mean Zach Randolph somehow is better at everything Gasol wasn't at. Whatabout Randolph's poor defense? I thought the reason for the early struggles was because of the team defense. Also, when a player realizes that theirrespective team just doesn't have enough to be a real winner, it can lead to complaining and giving up at times. Even Kobe complained. But he got his wishand Gasol didn't. Well, actually he did. Haha.

I think you are over hyping Conley like the management and owner. I clearly don't watch the Grizzlies that much, but I do check for Rockets games. I am notsaying Lowry is better than Conley, but there is no way Conley is that much better than Lowry. You can talk about potential and how he looks effortless, but atthe end of the day, both have similar numbers ever since they got into the league. One starts, one doesn't. Can we at least see how Lowry would be astarter for the Rockets? No, actually, I am fine with Brooks. Brooks > Conley and Lowry. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom